Game Day Rd 7, 2014 - Brisbane Lions v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have so many team-wide problems that I feel like it's only worth talking about individuals tonight.

Rockliff was just fantastic. What is there to say? Struggled after the knock, but forced his way into the game first through his tackling and then through his ball use, which was probably as good in the second half of tonight as it's ever been. It sucked to see him cop a couple of ordinary umpiring decisions late.

Aish was very good again, I thought. Perhaps his ball use was a little below par but it was a very solid backup performance from last week.

Paparone was very good for three quarters, then went missing a bit in the last. Clearly worked very hard and his ball use was probably the best I've seen across the whole game. Was rewarded with a couple of goals, which was nice.

Mayes I think played his best defensive game for the club. The smother in the third quarter was an obvious highlight but he did a lot of good defensive things as well as getting a fair bit of it and generally using it well. I still think he should be in the forwardline, though.

Robertson worked hard, and probably ran the game out a little better tonight than normal, but unfortunately he made a few errors by hand.

Unfortunately, we had a significant number of players who contributed very little: Polkinghorne, Golby (even as the sub), McGuane, and Bewick. What's particularly galling is that that is actually a relatively experienced quartet of players and they should be in a position to help the kids though games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back