Game Day Rd 7, 2014 - Brisbane Lions v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just hope our kids can just keep battling on.
Pretty tough learning curve for them.
Cannot be too critical.
Just feel very sad.
Hang in there boys.:hearts:
What has happened to Mitch Golby.gone backwards badly.
Thank goodness for West. Handy inclusion.

Good to see Paps played well, faith shown by Leppa in the kids has been a big improvement on Vossy.

Losing sucks and no one will be happy when we lose but some of the stuff said in our game threads has always been crap.

This year and next year is all about getting games into the kids, unfortunately it sucks that we're going through it for a while now but the timing of the expansion sides didn't help us.

Supporters need to show the faith more then ever now.

Couldn't watch the game but it seems Marco played a good game?

His best game for the club. Worked hard, took a lot of uncontested marks, generally used it well, and kicked a couple of goals.

Probably not going to get the rising star nom ahead of Langdon, Kennedy-Harris or even Lloyd tonight but most weeks you'd think he might've been a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The line is that we're currently playing for the future. We look set for a few years at the bottom of the ladder. Can anyone honestly see us doing any better than Melbourne or Carlton have after bottoming out?

We are not fit enough, even when making an allowance for youth.

Thats my worry, as soon as the clock hits 20 minutes we are in trouble, didn't allow for time on in the off season;)

We are not fit enough, even when making an allowance for youth.

You also need confidence to run out 120 minutes and a side effect of not putting out your best team and being uncompetitive for 6 out of 7 games means that they won't run out the quarters as hard as they should.

I missed the game altogether. Who were our best?

Rocky, Robertson, Parparone, West and Adcock if you were going for 5 I reckon. Might be missing someone.

Don't think it's as scary as this game was. Just have to make sure we make Heppell and Stanton accountable!

That could be the plot for the next Mission Impossible movie starring our team.

Watson too, looked like he played alright tonight whenever I flicked it over!

He was actually fairly quiet by his standards, but that probably doesn't bode well for us!

Geez that was a poor effort. Everything from Robbo's missed set shot onwards fell absolutely apart. Was pretty unfun at a cold Gabba.

You can't deny that winning hasn't been our number priority this season. If someone's definition of tanking is not doing everything you can to win then calling it tanking is fair enough IMO.

I look back on Vossy fondly remembering us having a coach who would make tactical decisions to try and win a match. Instead of trying to implement a gameplan we have no chance of sticking to for 4 quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back