Preview Rd 7 Geelong V Carlton Sat April 27 435 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People jumping up and down about which mid is sub and I can't believe the consensus isn't Tuohy

Only slight disappointment for me is they didn’t use it as an opportunity to give Knevitt a game. Think he could have been a decent wing option allowing O’Connor to take Stewart’s role at HB.

Not going to be the difference in the result but with two youngsters in Clark and Conway going out, it would have been nice to maintain the age mix bringing Knevitt in rather than a guy who’s mid 30’s and been just paddling so far this season.

With our depth and players like Rohan to come in? Why wouldnt you? What are you going to do, drop one of Dempsey, Atkins, Parfitt or Bowes? Or maybe we deny Clark the game time just to keep a plodder in the seniors.
Thank god clueless posters aren’t running our club all I’ll say.

Also it is criminal that a top of the table clash is relegated to a North Melbourne time slot.
Terrible timeslot. Ruins any chance of doing anything else in both your afternoon and evening.

I think we asked for it so Geelong fans can get back from the game easier
I almost decided to take my son to a 2nd game for the year because its almost early enough. Afternoon games are great, why would you complain about that. Less good if you want to watch it on TV after the tinlids are asleep but great if you want to actually go.

Only slight disappointment for me is they didn’t use it as an opportunity to give Knevitt a game. Think he could have been a decent wing option allowing O’Connor to take Stewart’s role at HB.

Not going to be the difference in the result but with two youngsters in Clark and Conway going out, it would have been nice to maintain the age mix bringing Knevitt in rather than a guy who’s mid 30’s and been just paddling so far this season.
Zac Guthrie will be taking Stewart’s floating intercepting HB role. Lock it in

Also it is criminal that a top of the table clash is relegated to a North Melbourne time slot.
As per Hocking. We asked for it.
Ample time for our fans to get to the game, not so late that we get home after midnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People jumping up and down about which mid is sub and I can't believe the consensus isn't Tuohy
Straight back into the starting 18.
Suggests he's rated internally a little higher than he is here.

Back to our "oldest team " in the comp this week for sure. Hope it works.
Only 5 changes from 2022 GF team:

IN: Holmes, Bruhn, OHenry, Dempsey, Bowes
OUT: Selwood, Smith, Stewart, Rohan, Bews.

5 pretty old/experienced outs so surprised we’re still the oldest team. I suppose those who remain are 18 months older now.

If we can’t beat the depleted Blues this weekend then they deserve to be flag favourites.

Straight back into the starting 18.
Suggests he's rated internally a little higher than he is here.
He's been managed twice this year. He needs game time.

They've always been loyal to the older players. It took them ages to drop players like Dahlhaus and Higgins, even when they were struggling. We can question their decision making, but it's hard to question the results over the years.

This game should be frantic and a close game so plenty of opportunity for a fresh sub to make a big impact in the last quarter once the players have slowed a bit.

I’d prefer a player with more run and carry, and attacking by foot, so Duncan or Touhey may be good as sub. I wouldn’t go a slower mid like Atkins or Parfitt.

People saying anyone can be sub.
People saying only interchange can be sub unless a late change.

I'm still not 100% sure of the rule... although I do assume it is meant to come from the bench (not absolutely 100%, though).
I can't recall an instance of a player being picked as a sub who didn't come from the five-man interchange squad.

If someone can recall an example, I'll happily accept it can happen.

Not sure GWS playing prime time on a Thursday night is a North Melbourne timeslot

As for our game this weekend, we specifically requested the Saturday twilight timeslot as a means of trying to best cater to our members & fans - the Club knows that a primetime match isn't necessarily going to all favour fans, especially those with young kids who have travel to the game

They view this timeslot as a compromise as it doesn't became a crazy late night

Only 5 changes from 2022 GF team:

IN: Holmes, Bruhn, OHenry, Dempsey, Bowes
OUT: Selwood, Smith, Stewart, Rohan, Bews.

5 pretty old/experienced outs so surprised we’re still the oldest team. I suppose those who remain are 18 months older now.

If we can’t beat the depleted Blues this weekend then they deserve to be flag favourites.

Love those INS. They will play a lot more footy for the Cats together and very high quality. With the exception of Dempsey, all Top 20 picks. Not sure how we do it…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back