RDFL team of last 30 years

Remove this Banner Ad

far canal

Debutant
Feb 23, 2006
wallan
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gday lads just want to start some discussions on the best team of last 30 years in the rdfl. This is only my opinion so dont give me too much s*it. Most of the team is from the 80s and 90s as thats when it was at its strongest.

P.s dont be shy to make up your team (if your old enough ha ha)

backs gavin lloyd (w/h-darley) glen fisher(gis) colin baker(craig)

h/backs paul rodda (melt sth) ron stauffer (wallan) keith baker (melton)

centres rod johnson (jacana) ian benjiman (wallan) mark power (riddell)

half fwds dean lupson (sunb) alan edwards (melt) steve gallop (melt sth)

forwards shane muir (w/h) mick werner (gis) john fitzgerald (gis)

rucks

hugh carey (melt)
scott sheldon (melt)
alan ezard (broadford)

inter
peter keep (darley)
gary moorcroft (romsey)
marty lakey (l/field-sunb)
brett hickey (melt sth)

Brendan Ryan and Steve Hickey from Craigieburn, Hickey was easily the best onballer that i saw in the rdfl. Few other player the Eagles big years (91-95) could be in there.
Also some Riddell boys Williams, Darby, Fedoruk, Wright, Harrison etc.
Heath Whelan and Turley from Darley.

wata bout peter crowley, brendan delgliesh, nick monahagn, few boys from kilmore that were absolouts freaks of the 87 premiership At kilmore

Gerard Nolan
Roger Nolan
Tim Nolan
Darren Croft
Ron Howard jnr
Dean Moore
(all Riddell)
Tony Lucas
Rob Thomas
(Sunbury)
Kinnear Beatson
Rob Beatson
Bernie Gardiner
(Macedon)
Glenn Moore
(Melton)
surely these guys would fit in to this team
also
Lawrie Attwil
Chad
(Macedon)
The Morganti Brothers(Riddell and Sunbury)
The Bottoms Brothers(Riddell,Diggers Rest,Sunbury)
Otto Mueller
Tim Crotty(Gisborne)

Brendan Ryan and Steve Hickey from Craigieburn, Hickey was easily the best onballer that i saw in the rdfl. Few other player the Eagles big years (91-95) could be in there.
Also some Riddell boys Williams, Darby, Fedoruk, Wright, Harrison etc.
Heath Whelan and Turley from Darley.

Fedoruk- you must BE joking:thumbsdown:
peter darby -again you are joking

Gday lads just want to start some discussions on the best team of last 30 years in the rdfl. This is only my opinion so dont give me too much s*it. Most of the team is from the 80s and 90s as thats when it was at its strongest.

P.s dont be shy to make up your team (if your old enough ha ha)

backs gavin lloyd (w/h-darley) glen fisher(gis) colin baker(craig)

h/backs paul rodda (melt sth) ron stauffer (wallan) keith baker (melton)

centres rod johnson (jacana) ian benjiman (wallan) mark power (riddell)

half fwds dean lupson (sunb) alan edwards (melt) steve gallop (melt sth)

forwards shane muir (w/h) mick werner (gis) john fitzgerald (gis)

rucks

hugh carey (melt)
scott sheldon (melt)
alan ezard (broadford)

inter
peter keep (darley)
gary moorcroft (romsey)
marty lakey (l/field-sunb)
brett hickey (melt sth)

i have wriiten names on the other post. i have no probs with
carey
ezard
sheldon
lakey
gallop
fitzgerald
rodda(are u sure its paul?)
thought of more
toby barker
chris heizer
(woodend)
paul madden(darley)
tom mix
the mcintyre brothers
(romsey)
paul noonan
darko dobrovsich
donny down
(rovers)
poffa'farrel
the danko brothers
Coaches
ernie nolan(macedon)
graham kays(gisborne)
ron howard(riddell)
i forgot
Shane Gilligan

sorry lads I forgot one of the best players to play rdfl, Mark Hunter from melton should be in the side, probably onball. Just like to mention Scott Wynd from jacana also but i think he only played u 18s.
A couple of fair players there hey.

Would like to see a side since the breakaways left... If someone wants to have a crack at it...

Based on remaining clubs now excluding Broadford and Wallan (unless they have someone in the last 3 years that should make the list)

Would like to see a side since the breakaways left... If someone wants to have a crack at it...

Based on remaining clubs now excluding Broadford and Wallan (unless they have someone in the last 3 years that should make the list)

Isn't the season launch on IMS? Why aren't you there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry lads I forgot one of the best players to play rdfl, Mark Hunter from melton should be in the side, probably onball. Just like to mention Scott Wynd from jacana also but i think he only played u 18s.
A couple of fair players there hey.
You know your footy! Yes good inclusion with hunter, Big huey the best ruckman to play in the league since my involvement in 1982. Some of the players mentioned by other post's are dreaming! wont mention names due to respect to them all, just not in the same ball park as the team picked by this bloke.

You know your footy! Yes good inclusion with hunter, Big huey the best ruckman to play in the league since my involvement in 1982. Some of the players mentioned by other post's are dreaming! wont mention names due to respect to them all, just not in the same ball park as the team picked by this bloke.

I agree Slyone
Hugh Carey is the best ruckman i have seen also in the rdfl.
Couple of other players to add to the list
Darren Rowsell could win a game off his own boot.
Curly Bajric in his prime was a star.

never got to see Dean Helmers play, did play against us in a final but was left at fullforward all day and never got the opertunity to show what he could really do, probably won us the game as i have been informed the Mongrel could play, so really cant comment on players who played when i went back to the EDFL. farcanal must be from my time and is spot on with his team, Mark Hunter did play center for the Bulldogs.
Played on a bloke from Melton called Bundy, Peter Cecil who had me dragged,he did play reserves at Richmond and was one of the best players i ever played against, also a great bloke, it was war in those days but whatever happened on the ground stayed on the ground.

please name those u think better than my lists?
if you think there better footballers in the rdfl then someone like the nolan brothers,who i doubt u would of seen,please name them.
another name
robert 'lakes' griffith
or dean lupson

please name those u think better than my lists?
if you think there better footballers in the rdfl then someone like the nolan brothers,who i doubt u would of seen,please name them.
another name
robert 'lakes' griffith
or dean lupson
Fedoruk, the two from Kilmore and Heath Wheelan were all good players but no room in farcanals side.

Fedoruk, the two from Kilmore and Heath Wheelan were all good players but no room in farcanals side.
I'll have a quick crack at a team-

Backs- Trebilcock (sunb) Fedoruk (rid) Predieux (rid)

H, Backs- S Ward (darley) Darko (m-south) fitzy (rid)

centers - Johnson (jacana) Wright (rid) Nash (sunb)

HF- Gambin (craig) Ryan (craig) Gallop (m-south)

F- Kaakour (craig) Edmond (gisb) Turley (darley)

Rucks Carey (melt) Hickey (craig) Harrison (rid)

I-C Love (melt) Fox (gis) Juric (sunb) Power (rid)

now thats bloody hard.

now thats bloody hard.
Good crack, everyone has their own opinion, farcanal's side looks stronger to me.

now thats bloody hard.
I remember Ibby Kaakour kicking close to 10 against us and was doing backflips in the goalsquare by the end of it. Great player.

there was a guy from Gisborne by the name or Curzio?? I think he was a winger as well. Gun player IMO....
Chris Curcio played Fitzroy 2's in the Mid 90's (his grandfather captained Fitzroy in maybe the 1940's), played in a few Gissy flags.

Some may call me one eyed, but if we are talking thirty years then John Fitzgerald (Gis) has to be in this team and probably captain - Werner and Fox are dead set certaintys and Jason McDonald a massive chance.

Chris Curcio played Fitzroy 2's in the Mid 90's (his grandfather captained Fitzroy in maybe the 1940's), played in a few Gissy flags.

Some may call me one eyed, but if we are talking thirty years then John Fitzgerald (Gis) has to be in this team and probably captain - Werner and Fox are dead set certaintys and Jason McDonald a massive chance.
Fitzy was a gun, played with him at Coburg, he was also picked along with Werner in Farcanals side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back