• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The Pat McGinnity Scapegoat

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute road of a deck, exactly what you want as a batsman but as a bowler it's a complete nightmare.

The problem with the Renegades is their bowling is garbage, they've got one decent bowler in Narine but the rest are hit and miss. Hogg has been up and down this season, Pattinson has copped a lot of tap as have Rimmington, Tremain with Perera getting spanked tonight. They certainly didn't bowl well and the lack of yorkers they bowled was quite surprising.

That being said the Hurricanes have the same problem, one decent bowler in Broad with the rest being hit and miss. Both rely a lot on their batting to get the job done and tonight's game obviously displayed that pretty clearly.

So LA went from 2 NFL teams to 0, then 20 years ago later is going back to 2. I don't think I'll ever understand US sports franchising.
Did that come out of nowhere because I hadn't heard of the Chargers thing.

It's a great credit to the V/AFL that they have had just one death and one merger in 120 years. Although I'd consider it two deaths and a glorified name change.

It's a great credit to the V/AFL that they have had just one death and one merger in 120 years. Although I'd consider it two deaths and a glorified name change.

Rams, Chargers and Raiders were all talking about shifting to LA last year. The decision was Rams could do it and maybe Chargers the following year, or failing that Raiders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rams, Chargers and Raiders were all talking about shifting to LA last year. The decision was Rams could do it and maybe Chargers the following year, or failing that Raiders.
The league gave them a deal if they moved with the Rams, didn't they? They knocked it back and stayed an extra year.

I think it's more of a reflection of how small our population is compared to USA.

There were two proposals to move to LA two years back. The Rams had one, and the Chargers/Raiders had the other.

NFL owners voted and chose the Rams one, and gave the Chargers first right of refusal to be a second tenant either this season or next season. Chargers were always going to move this season, because of how big LA is compared to SD, and if they didn't, the Raiders would've been able to. There just wasn't any noise about it because you don't want to advertise you're leaving when you've still got a seasons worth of games in SD you want to sell tickets for.

Interesting story now is what happens to the Raiders. Staying in Oakland, or moving to SD, St Louis, San Antonio or Las Vegas all possibilities.

There were two proposals to move to LA two years back. The Rams had one, and the Chargers/Raiders had the other.

NFL owners voted and chose the Rams one, and gave the Chargers first right of refusal to be a second tenant either this season or next season. Chargers were always going to move this season, because of how big LA is compared to SD, and if they didn't, the Raiders would've been able to. There just wasn't any noise about it because you don't want to advertise you're leaving when you've still got a seasons worth of games in SD you want to sell tickets for.

Interesting story now is what happens to the Raiders. Staying in Oakland, or moving to SD, St Louis, San Antonio or Las Vegas all possibilities.
Las Vegas would be cool

Las Vegas would be cool

Home of the reigning SFA premiers? They can bugger off, that's Bears territory!

But in all seriousness would like to see the Raiders go to San Antonio. Having two teams with a black and silver motif (Spurs) could make a good identity for the city.

Las Vegas would be cool
I really thought it was just bluffing to try and get a better deal in Oakland or elsewhere, but sounds like they're actually going to moving there, which is surprising considering the NFL, and the US's in general, very strong anti-sports gambling stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back