Food & Drink Recipe Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Second time making these today. Don't use the Greek Cheese Cheese cause I don't even know what it is

Well that looks very yummy. You can replace the Greek Cream Cheese <which is probably not anything even close to resembling cheese> with yoghurt apparently.

Well that looks very yummy. You can replace the Greek Cream Cheese <which is probably not anything even close to resembling cheese> with yoghurt apparently.
Probably Greek yogurt specifically I am assuming. I'm always scared of trying replacements for ingredients cause I am worried it provides something important to the dish to actually hold it all together

Probably Greek yogurt specifically I am assuming. I'm always scared of trying replacements for ingredients cause I am worried it provides something important to the dish to actually hold it all together
My best dish was the result of not having any cream for a marinade. So instead I used pineapple juice and turned out so good we don't use anything else now. Changed to whole context of the marinade from a thick sauce to a light one. Delish!

My best dish was the result of not having any cream for a marinade. So instead I used pineapple juice and turned out so good we don't use anything else now. Changed to whole context of the marinade from a thick sauce to a light one. Delish!

This is also how I discovered the potato chip and mayonnaise sandwich, because I was a uni student and forgot to buy food.

2 slices of white bread.

spread some mayonnaise on the bread

put potato chips in between the pieces of bread.

Best meal I've ever made.

This is also how I discovered the potato chip and mayonnaise sandwich, because I was a uni student and forgot to buy food.

2 slices of white bread.

spread some mayonnaise on the bread

put potato chips in between the pieces of bread.

Best meal I've ever made.

Mayo is such an improbable invention. I guess it came via an accident where eggs broke into olive oil. Waste not, want not. Clearing the egg shells out, required some stirring and an emulsion was created.

Mayo is such an improbable invention. I guess it came via an accident where eggs broke into olive oil. Waste not, want not. Clearing the egg shells out, required some stirring and an emulsion was created.

Wiki has a delightful section on the history and etymology of mayo.

Mayonnaise - Wikipedia
Mayonnaise is a French cuisine appellation that seems to have appeared for the first time in 1806. The hypotheses invoked over time as to the origin(s) of mayonnaise have been numerous and contradictory. Most hypotheses do however agree on the geographical origin of the sauce, Mahón, in Menorca, Spain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back