Food & Drink Recipe Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Flourless Chocolate Cake
  • Sounds good Bez, albeit very bad for the arteries!!

Here's my contribution - low in carbs and fat, so it's relatively sin-free! :D

Flourless chocolate cake

Ingredients (serves 8)

* Melted reduced-fat dairy spread, to grease
    * 50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
    * 80ml (1/3 cup) hot water
    * 2 tsp instant coffee powder
    * 2 tsp boiling water
    * 100g almond meal (you can also use hazelnut meal)
    * 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
    * 3 eggs, separated
    * Strawberries, washed, sliced, to serve

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted dairy spread to lightly grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.

2. Combine the cocoa powder and hot water in a medium bowl. Combine the instant coffee powder and boiling water in a cup. Add the coffee to the cocoa mixture and stir until combined.

3. Add almond meal, sugar and egg yolks to cocoa mixture, and stir until well combined.

4. Use an electric beater to whisk egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Use a metal spoon to fold a spoonful of egg whites into cocoa mixture until combined. Gently fold in remaining egg whites until just combined.

5. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Place cake pan in a roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to reach two-thirds of the way up the side of the cake pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven. Remove cake pan from water bath and set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Turn cake onto a wire rack and remove paper. Set aside for a further 20 minutes or until cooled to room temperature. Garnish with icing sugar if you like!

6. Cut cake into wedges and carefully transfer to serving plates. Serve with strawberries.

Have a go Bez! :thumbsu:

Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
  • Chicken and Sweetcorn soup.

Youll need,

butter
    few cloves of garlic(finely chopped)
    half a dozen chicken thighs trimmed and sliced to preference
    1 litre of chicken stock
    2x 420g of creamed corn
    2x 125g of corn kernals(drained)
    1Tblespoon of brown sugar
    1 or 2tblspoons of sour cream (secret ingridient)

Melt butter in pot then add garlic for a minute, then add chicken and cook for 3 or 4 minutes(until not pink) then add stock, brown sugar, creamed corn and kernals, bring to boil and simmer for 15mins until chicken is tender, this is the secret bit pay attention, remove from heat then stir through sour cream, add salt and pepper to taste, top with corriander leaves if feelin fancy, makes your local chinese stores version inferior, simple quick and grouse!...:thumbsu:

Banana Smooothie
  • Heart attack material Bez!

I like toast with grilled cheese and tomato paste. Or I halve an avocado, take out the seed, pour Italian dressing in the hole and eat with a teaspoon. MalFan can't believe I eat avocados just like that, but they are delicious!

I also make a killer banana smoothie

Blend together...
    * 1 banana
    * few spoonfuls of vanilla yoghurt
    * honey to taste
    * cinnamon to taste
    * a few teaspoons of hazelnut meal
    * couple of ice cubes, so it's nice and cold
    * few splotches of soy milk (I'm lactose intolerant so never drink normal milk)
    * bit of ice cream if you like, a creamy vanilla one does the trick

Mmmmmmmm! :D Sorry I don't have more accurate measurements, this recipe has been perfected over years of trial and error and these days I just chuck everything in and it comes out delicious!

2 Recipes: Bakalava/Risotto with sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella
  • BIGBEZ;14632731P.S said:
    take notes Bonza...

Just found this thread and wtf......whhy do I have to take notes?

I studied Hosp for three years :p and have worked as a kitchen hand :eek: (Didn't like the work tbh so got into i.t)

But let me find a couple of recipes for you

Baklava (Greek desert best served with coffee)

INGREDIENTS
    1 cup unsalted butter
    1/2 package phyllo dough
    2 cups chopped pecans
    1 1/2 tablespoons whole cloves
    1 1/2 cups water
    1/3 cup white sugar
    1 cinnamon stick
    1 cup honey

DIRECTIONS
    1. Preheat oven to (175 degrees C).
    2. Melt the butter over low heat. Pour 2 tablespoons of the butter into the bottom of baking
    pan.
    3. Layer 3 sheets of the phyllo dough in the pan.
    4. Trim dough to fit. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of pecans over the phyllo dough.
    5. Layer 3 more sheets of dough, brush generously with the melted butter, and
    sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of pecans. Continue dough -butter- pecan layers until pan is 3/4 full.
    6. With a sharp knife, score phyllo dough to form diamonds.
    7. Press a clove at each end of the diamonds.
    8. Pour remaining butter over the dough.
    9. Bake 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
    10. Meanwhile, combine the sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan, and bring to boil,
    stirring constantly. Simmer for 10 minutes.
    11. Add the honey and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick.
    12. Pour honey mixture over hot baklava. Let cool on wire racks. Cut into diamonds.

I love that stuff...

And a risotto with sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella

ingredients
    3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons vegetable stock
    2-3/4 teaspoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
    1/8 onion, chopped
    1/3 cup Arborio rice
    2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons shredded mozzarella cheese
    2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions
    1. In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a simmer.
    2. While the stock is heating, drain the sun-dried tomatoes and reserve the oil.
    3. Chop the tomatoes coarsely and set them aside.
    4. In a large frying pan, warm 2 tablespoons of oil from the tomatoes, add onion and sauté until translucent; about 6 minutes.
    5. Add rice to the frying pan and stir until white spots appear in the centre of the grains; about 1 minute.
    6. Spoon a ladleful of vegetable stock into the frying pan and cook the mixture on low until all the stock is absorbed; about 2 minutes.
    7. Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
    8. Add the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil from the tomatoes, chopped basil, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
    9. Serve.

Sorry about the formal writing but I just copy'd them from a project I did a couple of years ago......3000 words including recipes and history of the dishes...

The risotto is me and my dads own recipe we have been working on it for a couple of years.... Warning you though the Sun dried tomatoes make it taste quite salty you can also add some pitted kalamata olives to it but they are only optional....

And next time you cook some tomato based pasta sauce (eg: bolognese) try adding some Pitted Kalamata olives to it and a couple of sun dried tomatoes to it makes it taste soo much better.

The Baklava recipe I got from work... Its nice but you have to chop the peacans very very very finely.... if not just put them in a mixer.... the sauce tastes very sweet so don't drench the food in in....

Chocolate Milkshake
  • Very potent chocolate milkshake I have been making recently in order to gain weight

Ingredients

Big M 2 Litre
    Chocolate sauce
    Sustain chocolate mix drink (Similar to Milo or ovaltienie)
    Malt based weight gain suppliment.
    Wheat powder weight gain suppliment
    Chocolate Ice cream.
    2 eggs

Directions

1. Put in ice cream into a milkshake metal container
    2. Pour in chocolate sauce (Lots of it) Add Weight gain supplements.
    3. Pour in some chocolate milk (To only about halfway)
    4. Add in raw eggs
    5. Mix make sure it doesn't overflow
    6. Drink (Surprisingly doesn't taste bad because of all the chocolate)

Kalamata Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary
  • Sorry about just copying and Pasting this from my project..... Its just easier than retyping it again.

Kalamata Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary

INGREDIENTS
    1 pound pork tenderloin medallions
    1/4 cup plain flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    Olive oil
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 cup red wine
    1/2 cup chicken stock
    1/8 cup sliced kalamata olives (I add these to everything :thumbsu:)
    1 tablespoon minced lemon zest

Directions
    1.Pound the meat to 1/4 inch thickness. Combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
    2. Dredge pork in flour to coat.
    3. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
    4. Cook pork in olive oil until browned, turning once.
    5. Transfer meat to a warmed plate.
    6. Reduce the heat to low, and add rosemary and garlic to the pan.
    7. Pour in wine, and bring to a boil. Boil until the liquid is thick.
    8. Pour in chicken stock, and boil until amount is reduced by half.
    9. Stir in olives and lemon zest. Pour sauce over the meat, and serve.

This one tastes quite nice some people find the addition of red wine a bit to rich / overpowering but I believe this just enhances the flavour... I got this from one of dads recipe books somewhere... (Made a couple of changes though :p)

Mushroom & Pea curry
  • LOL, sorry Bez, I forgot!

Okay, all the measurements will be by the ladle I use - its about 1/3-1/4 cup capacity. its only approximate, but you needn't worry. You can add/take away anything at any time & not ruin the taste. Very simple :)

-Cut up 2 medium Spanish onions across the "equator" and sit in a bowl of cold water (to take the bitter taste out).
    -In a pressure cooker or heavy based pot add a couple of splashes of oil of your choice and heat.
    -When heated, add in about 6-8 mushrooms, halved (more or less to your taste, but 6 minimum - I prefer more so I add 8+) and fry for about 2 minutes until they're firmer than they were raw, or until they soak up most of the oil. Take out and leave to rest on absorbent paper.
    -Add just a tad more oil to the pan and heat
    -Cut up the onions finely using a sharp knife and quickly add them to the pan
    -Fry until they turn a golden-brown colour (this should take around 5 minutes depending on the heat)
    -Add ~a ladle full of tomato puree and fold the onions into it
    -Tablespoon of tomato paste and mix vigorously
    -Add half a teaspoon of turmeric and 2 teaspoons of salt (I found that if I put in 1 it turned out bland, but its to your own taste. If unsure, add just 1 as you can add more later, but its harder to take it out)
    -Mix vigorously, add some frozen peas and a small green chilli or 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder (again, depending on taste) and leave to simmer for ~2 minutes
    -Add previously fried 'shrooms to the mix and be careful not to break them!
    -Add water into the mixture (DO NOT MIX YET!) so it is about 1 1/2 centimetres off the top of the mixture
    -Mix carefully so as not to break anything
    -If in a pressure cooker, put on lid and turn heat to high until first long steam, then turn off and let to rest until all steam is ejected from the cooker
    -If in a deep saucepan, put on lid and turn heat to high, cooking for 5 minutes, then tasting the peas to see if they're cooked all the way through & sweet
    -Leave to rest about 5 minutes

Some tips;
    Its best served with savoury rice - in that, there is a puddle of oil the size of a 20 cent piece with a teaspoon of Cardom seeds (or Ajwain) and a teaspoon of salt before it is cooked. All rice should be soaked 15-30 minutes before cooking and washed until the water they're washed in runs clear - be careful not to break them though.

Oh, & the first couple of times I cooked it, I noticed I put wayyyy too much oil in. There should be a kind of film of oil on top when its settled, and I like to take that away, but my mum says it makes the curry have a silky taste. I can't tell the difference. To your own taste!

Creme Patissiere
  • Watched Masterchef the other night, saw how many eggs they wasted using their creme patissiere recipe, so use mine.

50g flour
    10g custard powder
    100 grams sugar
    2 eggs
    600mls milk
    1 vanilla bean or a few splashes of vanilla extract

Bring the milk and 'nilla to the boil, while it's getting there, cream the eggs, flour, custard and sugar together.

Add half the boiling milk to the bowl and mix it up till well combined, put it back in the pan and bring back to the boil, but it's important at this stage that youkeep whisking and scraping up from the bottom because the mix will start to thicken and it'll stick to the bottom and burn if you're not constantly mixing and scraping.

When it gets thick enough, pour into a shallow dish, cover with some greaseproof paper to prevent a skin forming and put it on a wire rack so air can circulate underneath it.

Pipe into profiteroles or eat it off someone's naked body.

Lemon Chicken Schnitzel
  • Does anybody have a good schnitzel recipe?

How about this?

Lemon Chicken Schnitzel

400 - 450grams. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or strips
    Juice of 1 lemon or 2 to 3 tablespoon. lemon concentrate
    1/4 cup. all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon. salt or to taste
    1/2 teaspoon. thyme
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon. water
    1/2 cup. fine dry bread crumbs
    Dijon mustard or sweet and sour sauce for dipping (optional)
    Breadcrumbs (Italian crumbs is great)

Cut chicken horizontally into 60mm thick slices. Place between 2 pieces of waxed paper and flatten, using the flat side of a cleaver or bottom of bottle. Sprinkle chicken with lemon juice; let stand for 10 minutes. In shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and thyme; mix well. In another shallow dish, lightly beat egg with water. Dip chicken pieces into flour mixture, then into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs. Place on lightly greased baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes or in microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.

Honey Chicken
  • anyone got a nice honey chicken recipe??

or

a good pork stir fry recipe??

Cheers LH15

Honey Chicken:

1/3 cup of honey
    dash of lemon juice(fresh is best)
    dash of soy sauce
    1/4 cup of butter
    dash of garlic powder(or use fresh bashed to a pulp and then some)
    fresh ground salt and pepper
    6-10 pieces of chicken(depends what pieces)
    2/3 cup of sesame seeds

preheat oven to about 190, mix all ingredients in a bowl(except chicken and sesame seeds)
    brush/coat chicken pieces then place on 'ungreased' not stick baking tray and sprinkle with sesame seeds, cook for an hour-hour and a half, basting occasionally with pan juices until tender...mmm, serve with rice and beer and consume whilst watching footy, simple as..:thumbsu:

Garlic Prawns
  • LOL! I am in shock:eek:

Anyway.. my "signature dish" is Mousaka.

Absolutely begged this cafe owner (many yrs ago) to give me the recipe.

The differnce from "traditional" is a thick Bechamel layer on top.

I get raves ....but I have never got the Bechamel the same.:eek:

I vaguely remember the owners wife saying belatedly something like "lots!!! of eggs"

I wonder whether that was egg whites?

Is there any tips from you gourmet culinary esperts as to how to do it right?or what try next?

( I have tried less time,less heat ,more whole eggs etc ...but always comes out stiffer and not as creamy as the intended original )

:confused:

haha, why you in shock mate? A blokes gotta eat and if you love your tucker and if you want the best, you gotta make it yourself!...:thumbsu:
    Give us your Mousaka recipe and see if anyone has some 'tweaks'?
    When you live alone like I do, you dont bother with big recipes alot of the time, save em usually for guests or impressing a chick, um missus, well you know what I meen!
    Heres a quick one I just had tonight, use more of the ingredients for more people just do the maths!

Garlic Prawns (simple but restaraunt quality):

ingredients;
    About 250g of uncooked peeled prawns
    1/4 onion finely chopped (also chop a little spring onion for colour if you feelin fancy)
    3 cloves of garlic(plus one tsp of crushd garlic from jar, i ran out of cloves) finely chopped
    1 tablespoon of powdered chicken or veg stock, whatever you prefer, I used chicken stock
    1/2 a small bottle of fresh cream
    1 instant bag of rice

Throw rice into boiling pot, my brand takes 15mins or cook rice however you want.

throw onions into hot greased pan and lightly cook
    add prawns and mix/toss till they go a little white not too much though(1-2mins)
    add garlic, about 30 secs or garlic will go bitter
    then throw in cream and stock then simmer(reduce) to your prefered consistancy or until rice is ready

All under 15mins, pour straight from pan over rice and grab a beer...:thumbsu:

Chicken Casserole
  • Soz for the late reply Bez!

1 tbsp oil
    1kg chicken drumsticks
    1 onion, diced
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    3 medium potatoes, chopped
    2 zucchini, chopped
    1 carrot, chopped
    ¼ cup plain flour
    500ml chicken stock
    4 tbsp tomato paste
    2 tsp dried Italian herbs

1. Preheat oven to 220ºC. Heat oil in a large flameproof, ovenproof casserole dish over high heat. Add chicken & cook until well browned on all sides.

2. Add onion, garlic, potato, zucchini & carrot. Cook for 2 mins.

3. In a jug or bowl, combine flour with stock until evenly mixed. Stir in tomato paste & herbs then pour over chicken. Bring to the boil, stirring regularly. Cover & bake, for 30 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice, pasta or mash.

I did it with rice because a casserole with pasta seems a tad weird.

Absolutely fantastic!

French Toast Recipe
  • Lol Bez.

Hooley's Favouritest Bestest French Toast Recipe

3 tablespoons pouring cream
    3 eggs
    3 tablespoons caster sugar
    pinch of cinnamon
    pinch of nutmeg
    8 thick slices of bread, cut in half diagonally
    80g butter
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    12 slices proscuitto
    maple syrup, to serve

Combine the cream, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a wide, shallow bowl and mix togther. Soak the bread in the egg mixture, one slice at a time, shaking off any excess.

Melt half the butter in a frying pan, add 3-4 slices of bread in a single layer and cook until golden brown until both sides. Cook the remaining bread in batches, adding more butter as needed, and keeping the cooked slices warm in the oven.

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the proscuitto and fry until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Place the proscuitto on top of the French toast, drizzle with maple syrup, and serve.

Orange and Poppyseed Cake
  • Oh **** yes, haloumi is amazing! Love love love. I can't buy it too often because I just fry it all up with some lemon juice and devour it!

Orange and poppyseed cake was pretty good, it's a healthy version so I don't feel too guilty after having a couple of slices, haha. Don't want to undo all my hard work at the gym! I'm really enjoying finding yummy healthy recipes. Turned out a bit flat for my liking...I used baking powder and self-raising flour as per the recipe, so I'm not sure what went wrong? The cake also took WAY longer than 50 minutes to cook, don't know if my oven sucks or what. I also used more milk in the ricotta cream. Anyhoo, a decent first effort for me :thumbsu:

Orange and Poppyseed Cake

1 medium orange
    1/4 cup poppy seeds
    1/3 reduced-fat milk
    3 eggs, separated
    1/3 cup smart white sugar blend
    1/2 cup almond meal
    1 cup self-raising flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    Vanilla Ricotta Cream (recipe follows ;))

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Using a bamboo skewer, pierce orange all over. Place orange in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until soft; cool. Combine seeds and milk in a small bowl. Grease an 18cm round cake pan, line base with baking powder.

2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Cut orange into quarters, remove seeds and white membrane, then chop coarsely. Place in the bowl of a small food processor and process until pureed. Add orange, almond meal, flour, baking powder and seed mixture to egg yolk mixture; stir to combine.

3. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a medium clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold into orange mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

4. Make Vanilla Ricotta Cream as recipe directs. Top cake with ricotta cream.

Vanilla Ricotta Cream

200g reduced-fat ricotta
    2-3 teaspoons smart white sugar blend
    A few drops of vanilla essence
    1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk

Combine ricotta, 2 teaspoons sugar, vanilla and milk in a medium bowl; stir until smooth. taste, then add remaining sugar if necessary.

Grilled haloumi
  • Cooked myself lunch today (gotta love being home and not at college). Grilled haloumi (had some in the fridge), grilled capsicum, and a rocquette and parmesan salad (lemon juice and olive oil dressing), with a dollop of spicy green olive tapenade in the middle, drizzled with lemon juice. Rich, salty, delicious, and washed down with a mango and orange juice, which took the edge off the saltiness.

IMG_0469.jpg

Chocolate Fudge
  • Geez going to have to cook some of Hooley's old recipes on here.
    Few of them look great don't they.

Here's something simple that takes about 5 minutes to prepare and is ready to go in a few hours.
    Chocolate Fudge
    Ingredients:
    395g pack of Nestle choc melts
    390mL tin of Sweetened Condensed Milk
    50g of butter

Throw all ingredients into saucepan and place on low heat. Stir constantly making sure the chocolate at the bottom doesn't catch. When mixture is of smooth consistency and no lumps exist pour into a square cake tin lined with baking paper. Tap on bench to remove any air bubbles and place in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. When set, slice as desired (probably don't want slices to be too big).

Ricotta Fritters on Eggplant with homemade tomato relish
  • Another excessively healthy recipe from Ryan. Zucchini and Ricotta Fritters on Eggplant with homemade tomato relish. baja. If you were in awe of his professionalism before, check out his get up today. Next week, we want the chefs hat.

Tasmanian Curried Scallops
  • Have I missed any of ROK's recipe's GCB85 ?

Tasmanian Curried Scallops..

This one has been in my family for years I only remembered it because I got hold of some beautiful in season scallops.. Its pretty common in Tasmania where the nice scallops come from but you could use anything, Prawns, Chicken, Sausages, Fish whatever you want..

2 Tbls butter
    2 Tbls Plain flour
    1 chopped onion
    1 chopped red capsicum
    2 cups of milk (can use cream/coconut cream or milk and drop the flour but it combines better)
    1 lge Tbls of Curry Powder
    1 Lge Tbls Mayonaise (yep mayo its the kicker)
    1 Tbls Mustard, I use Dijon but any will work
    1 Tbls of sugar
    500 grams of fresh Scallops
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Melt butter add capsicum and onion then sauté
    Take it off the heat mix in curry powder, mayo, mustard and sugar
    Mix in Milk and Flour
    Place back on heat, add the scallops and mix until it becomes thick and creamy. With Scallops or Prawns it doesn't take long at all, other meats will take longer use common sense.
    Keep stirring until a minute after it boils on a medium heat, add salt and pepper then serve with mash or rice or pasta..

This recipe serves two, or one if you skip the mash, rice or pasta (get your carbs from the beer) but seriously an awesome recipe in under 15 minutes from start to finish, taste grouse with plenty of beers..

Chicken rice a rico
  • Yeah. With a teriyaki sauce and pre-cut stuff from the shops.I'll have egg as long as I can't taste it :pThanks, btw :)
    Okay. Here's one that is an old favourite of when I just moved out of home & won't break your bank. Also, everything can be stored except the chook. Will also make enough to allow at least another two meals. 1 you can freeze & the other you can have the next day. Tupperware is your friend...up until it multiplies in the darkness of your cupboardo_O

Ingredients:
    1: Packet of Chicken rice a rico http://www.mccormick.com.au/products/side-dishes/rice-a-riso/rice-a-riso-chicken.aspx
    2: 1 roast chook
    3: 1 large cup of mixed veg. http://birdseye.com.au/our-range/fr...t-vegetable-mixes/peas-corn-and-capsicum-500g
    4: 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or to taste
    5: Olive oil
    6: 2 cups of warm water
    6: You'll need a reasonable large deep pan. You'll need a lid. If your pan doesn't have a lid use one from another pan if you're able to cover most of the pan;)

Cooking:
    1: Peel the meat off your chicken. Use your hands to shred the meat a bit until the pieces are about the size of your fingers in length & breadth. I usually peel the skin off & give to cat. Set aside.
    2: Use a tablespoon of oil into pan on low/medium heat
    3: Add the rice only from your Rice a Rico & stir until mixed with the oil
    4: Keep stirring until the rice changes colour. Which can happen pretty quickly. You don't want the rice to burn, just get some colour.
    5: Add your chicken & the lge cup of frozen vegies. Mix in lightly.
    6: Use the flavour sachet from the Rice a Rico & shake evenly over the top
    7: Add your warm water & your Worcestershire sauce. Another bit of a stir.
    8: Wait until it starts to bubble then turn down to a simmer. Put your lid on.
    9: You want this to simmer away. Not boil. Otherwise your rice will not soften.
    10: Keep an eye on it and stir every 10 minutes or so. Try and keep the rice on the bottom of the pan to begin with so the water cooks it. As it dries out you can then mix the pan more.
    11: When all the water is gone, you're ready. Give it a good stir to make sure its not too moist. Should just be starting to stick to the pan. Viola.

Like I said. Super cheap & easy. I've also included in another post below one of my favourite Gordon Ramsay recipes. Enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back