Moved Thread Recreational Drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricmel

Premium Platinum
Jul 13, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Apparently Garry Pert has addressed the club CEOs meeting on the matter of recreational drug use amongst players and the AFL's need to do something about it. I think anyone who has spent time out and about in Melbourne knows that recreational drugs are widely used. We have had players suspended by the AFL and by clubs for using rec drugs. Is it as big a problem as Pert seems to think?

Absolutely not! The AFL's rigorous testing regime ensures there is no possible way that rampant consumers of narcotics can go undetected in the manner of a Ben Cousins...

Whether AFL players should be tested is a separate issue, but the prevailing view of drugs as a "health issue" is a virtual a green light for young people to go ahead and use. Decriminalisation be ****ed.

Of course they do it, but who cares? Most of them are kids and don't get to enjoy the kid (young adult) because they get brought into this strict lifestyle straight away. As long as its not performance enhancing I couldn't give a s**t to be honest. There is nothing more relaxing in this world than just sitting down watching tv, whilst smoking a joint.

Depends what you mean by 'big problem'. People doing drugs in general is not a big problem, especially if they exercise some restraint.

Players doing drugs, if it's written into their contract that they aren't allowed to, is a big problem because they are deliberately breaching their contract.

If the the AFL came out tomorrow and said that players could use recreational drugs, I wouldn't care, but while their contracts say that they aren't allowed to, then it pisses me off that we ever hear about. I enjoyed taking drugs but my current employer has a 'no drugs' policy, so I stopped using them because I wanted my job. If the players want to be AFL footballers, and the AFL says no, then too bad, so sad.

Of course they do it, but who cares? Most of them are kids and don't get to enjoy the kid (young adult) because they get brought into this strict lifestyle straight away. As long as its not performance enhancing I couldn't give a s**t to be honest. There is nothing more relaxing in this world than just sitting down watching tv, whilst smoking a joint.

Yes there is. Sitting down and watching Tv after smoking a second joint.

As long as Kronic is still legal then nothing will really happen.

Has anyone seen what Northern Lights and Zeus does to you? Far out.
Kronic is not legal anymore, got banned almost as soon as it got hype in the media.

As long as players are 100% committed to training/gameday and drugs don't affect their fitness, then thats the best you can wish for. Just never go full Tom Liberatore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drugs offer nothing positive, i'm always very disappointed with anyone that chooses to use, nothing wrong with having a beer or scotch to relax. Drugs are for the uneducated.
alcohol is a drug. You're very disappointing to me

Drugs offer nothing positive, i'm always very disappointed with anyone that chooses to use, nothing wrong with having a beer or scotch to relax. Drugs are for the uneducated.

Um, ok.

definitely against decriminalisation of drugs and hope the AFL keeps it's rigorous standards and strong anti drug image/policy. Can't imagine how much society would degenerate with the legalisation of drugs.

Who cares. I know atleast one captain of a club does whippa. I know atleast two of our young blokes do it. Aslong as they don't rock up to training cooked and still play great footy I see it as irrelevant what they do on a Saturday night.

Especially draftee's. Being the same age bracket as them you notice how many people do it. I'm 19 and half the blokes I went to school with have half their face falling off when you see them out.

Aslong as they don't pressure others to do it, doesn't bother me.

Aslong as they don't pressure others to do it, doesn't bother me.

That's a good point, if a player wants to do it then go for your life. It's your career you could be throwing away if you're caught but don't pressure others to do it.

As long as Kronic is still legal then nothing will really happen.

Has anyone seen what Northern Lights and Zeus does to you? Far out.

I don't know about Zeus, but when I was a bit younger I actually had a fair bit of Northern Lights (White Widow). The crazy stuff is the synthetic weed, a mate of mine (who smoked regularly) had half of a cone and passed out.

o_O Liberal minded there, you do realise alcohol is one of the most harmful drugs of all, personally some dope is more relaxing and has less impact on you the following day, but I don't mind a beer or red wine myself, just don't fool yourself that your drug use makes you any better or more educated than people that choose other drugs for their relaxation.

There is nothing more relaxing in this world than just sitting down watching tv, whilst smoking a joint.

Yes there is. Sitting down and watching Tv after smoking a second joint.

I love how any threads relating to drugs quickly turn into a dick measuring contest in which posters make sure everybody else knows that they are hard core and do drugs themselves. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back