Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

Warner stands up when most of the side fails...... Gee Rabbit you have some odd views.

Still looking good for a Strikers middle order spot DABM

Great win for Bangladesh. Would be great for world cricket if they can rise. Windies had a win over England too after a pitiful first test.

Calling it now - Strikers won't win a game

Redbacks on the other hand - I really like their squad. The shield is ours!

Warner stands up when most of the side fails...... Gee Rabbit you have some odd views.

Still looking good for a Strikers middle order spot DABM

Smith stands up when most of the side fails, Warner precipitates collapses because he has absolutely no idea how to construct a test innings, and is completely incapable of playing outside of Australia, or in the very Australia-like conditions of South Africa. That our middle order is also bad and prone to collapse doesn't change that he's a sketchy slogger who only functions on drop in roads, should not be in the test side, T20 and ODI only.

Great win for Bangladesh. Would be great for world cricket if they can rise. Windies had a win over England too after a pitiful first test.

Calling it now - Strikers won't win a game

Redbacks on the other hand - I really like their squad. The shield is ours!

They'd certainly want to have some decent signings up their sleeves. Still some capable players there who haven't had that many opportunities (Carey, Weatherald mainly).

Smith stands up when most of the side fails, Warner precipitates collapses because he has absolutely no idea how to construct a test innings, and is completely incapable of playing outside of Australia, or in the very Australia-like conditions of South Africa. That our middle order is also bad and prone to collapse doesn't change that he's a sketchy slogger who only functions on drop in roads, should not be in the test side, T20 and ODI only.
Sketchy bloggers don't average mid 40s in Test matches.

Quality test batsmen don't average 59 at home and 35 away, that's what home deck sloggers do
35 away for an opening batsman isn't too bad, but then an All-Australian jumper at 22 isn't worth much either

Putting Warner aside for the moment, it is an issue worldwide IMO that players can't play outside of their own conditions, at least on a consistent basis.

Many countries are all conquering at home and fail away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Warner next best?

Of the batsmen in the last test

Home
Handscomb 99
Smith 68
Khawaja 63
Renshaw 63
Warner 59
Wade 32
Maxwell -

Away
Smith 58
Warner 35
Renshaw 28
Handscomb 27
Khawaja 27
Wade 27
Maxwell 23

Worth noting that Handscomb and Renshaw don't have enough innings to make any reliable statistics yet.

Is Warner next best?

Of the batsmen in the last test

Home
Handscomb 99
Smith 68
Khawaja 63
Renshaw 63
Warner 59
Wade 32
Maxwell -

Away
Smith 58
Warner 35
Renshaw 28
Handscomb 27
Khawaja 27
Wade 27
Maxwell 23

Worth noting that Handscomb and Renshaw don't have enough innings to make any reliable statistics yet.
Could have just said yes

Warner is up there with the least of our issues. Why Khawaja and Wade are in the side boggles my mind.

O'Keeffe now goes over after Jon Holland tore it up in the practice match, and Agar is only there due to his batting ability.

O'Keefe can bowl and is well suited to those conditions. Has shot himself in the foot with off field garbage (and doing has hamstring v Sri Lanka) but I don't mind him getting another chance.

Ludeman, Richardson and Hodge all going to end up at the Renegades?

Reckon if Alex Carey has a good start to the Shield he will be right in the frame if/when Wade starts to struggle.

Lyon had the 4FA and now they're off the hook with Cummins looking like he's about to break down again

Lyon had the 4FA and now they're off the hook with Cummins looking like he's about to break down again
Taking an injury prone quick as the one pace bowler is a special kind of suicide

Question without notice

Where do we put Nathan Lyon in our list of great Aussie bowlers. Likely to end up with well over 300 Test wickets yet is still not looked upon favourably by many people.

IMO he's our best offie, not alot of competition in recent times. I think he's gotten better as he's gone on. He's able to read the game a bit better.

Question without notice

Where do we put Nathan Lyon in our list of great Aussie bowlers. Likely to end up with well over 300 Test wickets yet is still not looked upon favourably by many people.

IMO he's our best offie, not alot of competition in recent times. I think he's gotten better as he's gone on. He's able to read the game a bit better.
Definitely our best offie ever.

Warne, MacGill, Benaud, Grimmett, O'Reilly ahead of him overall (not in any order). I'd have him next though. He's an excellent bowler, way ahead of any other spinner we have floating around now.

Clarrie would have to be number 2 on the list by pure numbers, MacGill was unstoppable on his day but did bowl some tripe.

Reckon Lyon has been bowling slower the last few years and getting the rewards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back