Moved Thread Repurcussions if Collingwood DON'T Win the Flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Clearly the best team. Possibly ever.

Have not only arguably the greatest coach ever - but he's also the best guy ever.

They have the best player to ever grace the field, and also the best brother-duo in history.

The standout best captain in the AFL. Honestly, I see a future Nobel Peace Prize winner there.

And they're also the most loved team. We've all fallen in love them. They're just too great to hate.

So what happens if they don't win the flag this year? Is it even possible that they don't??

If they fail in successive years, what will be the fall out?

Last edited:

Collingwood fans take grand final defeats quite well..contrary to popular belief.

Generations of little buck toothed Magpies are told bedtime stories by the elders of their clan who whisper painful memories about the 27 atrocious defeats on that magical day In September.

So they grow up not to expect too much and when they do win one they tend to roam the alleys of Victoria Park and steal street signs and other drunken escapades.

There’s never a guarantee on flag winning. Top of the ladder or not.
You have to be prepared to win a brutal pre-lim and get into GF final day..because that game has it’s own special rules.

Last edited:
We’re one of weaker top teams in recent memory.
Holy s**t a level headed Collingwood supporter all the ones I know say Daicos is the GOAT and the rest of the team are God tier

We’re obviously a good side with strengths but this doesn’t compare to the Richmond team or Hawthorns or even our 2010/11 side.
Comparing premiership sides is a pointless thing imo.

Every GF winner has the same type of recipe…3 or 4 elite backs in hot form..3 or 4 hardnut mids ..2 forwards who perform all day and a star of the day like Lil Gaz, Dusty, Hodge, Voss, Hird, Oliver etc
You don’t necessarily need a good ruckman…but it helps.

The 10 or 12 others are foot soldiers doing their job and doing it with no fumbles.

Clearly the best team. Possibly ever.

Have not only arguably the greatest coach ever - but he's also the best guy ever.

They have the best player to ever grace the field, and also the best brother-duo in history.

The standout best captain in the AFL.

And they're also the most loved team.

So what happens if they don't win the flag this year? Is it even possible that they don't??

If they fail in successive years, what will be the fall out?

lol?

Possibly ever?

Settle down.......

When they go an entire season losing 1 game and have an avg winning margin of 60+ we can talk. about them being best ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Collingwood don't win it this year, another team might. Maybe it'll be Melbourne.

But I wouldn't rule out Port Adelaide or Brisbane, as they are the other teams in the top 4 at the moment. And as I understand it, most premierships are won by teams that finish the H&A season in the top 4.

lol?

Possibly ever?

Settle down.......

When they go an entire season losing 1 game and have an avg winning margin of 60+ we can talk. about them being best ever.

Awkward how the best team ever only won one flag. I'm not saying you're wrong. It just doesn't feel right..... Well, as a Lions fan it feels great, but you know what I mean.

Comparing premiership sides is a pointless thing imo.
Most discussions here are pointless but here we are. OP started the comparison by claiming we could be the best ever btw.

Every GF winner has the same type of recipe…3 or 4 elite backs in hot form..3 or 4 hardnut mids ..2 forwards who perform all day and a star of the day like Lil Gaz, Dusty, Hodge, Voss, Hird, Oliver etc
You don’t necessarily need a good ruckman…but it helps.

The 10 or 12 others are foot soldiers doing their job and doing it with no fumbles.
There’s the same recipe I think the other teams I mentioned had the recipe with a couple of extras we don’t have.

Awkward how the best team ever only won one flag. I'm not saying you're wrong. It just doesn't feel right..... Well, as a Lions fan it feels great, but you know what I mean.

best team to me is a single season

teams change year to year and thus they are a different team Year to year.

I feel like I should apologise to you Lavender, its a worthy thread but unfortunately, I've got most of the Pie flogs jumping through hoops in the Daicos thread.

Not even the best Collingwood ever - 2011 - and they didn't win it. It will change nothing. I think teams will start to figure them out more next year regardless, but for now I think most Pies fans are just enjoying the moment.

Even though this is a piss take, it's also fact. Massive let down if they don't get it done from here.

Best team by a mile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back