Moved Thread Repurcussions if Collingwood DON'T Win the Flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

If they don't win it from here, the supporters of every other team in the comp will laugh our asses off all summer and possibly in to the coming years. Collingwood have talked themselves up as the best team in the comp, meaning they've also set themselves up for ridicule if they don't get it done. Unfortunately, I can't see anyone stopping them. 2nd best case scenario for me (behind an unlikely Port Flag) is Pies beating someone else by 120+ and taking away our most unwanted record.

I never felt any team was a certainity to win it other than Essendon in 2000.

If you look at the odds right now, they are paying $2.75, which means that the field vs Collingwood is more likely to win. So yes, it's more likely that someone else will win other Collingwood this year.

giphy.gif

Clearly the best team. Possibly ever.

Have not only arguably the greatest coach ever - but he's also the best guy ever.

They have the best player to ever grace the field, and also the best brother-duo in history.

The standout best captain in the AFL. Honestly, I see a future Nobel Peace Prize winner there.

And they're also the most loved team. We've all fallen in love them. They're just too great to hate.

So what happens if they don't win the flag this year? Is it even possible that they don't??

If they fail in successive years, what will be the fall out?

I agree. I’ve never seen such depth. Regulars such as Cox, WHE, Bobby Hill, McStay, Markov, Frampton and Johnson … i can’t see how they won’t win the next 7 flags when superstars like that fill their team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clearly the best team. Possibly ever.

Have not only arguably the greatest coach ever - but he's also the best guy ever.

They have the best player to ever grace the field, and also the best brother-duo in history.

The standout best captain in the AFL. Honestly, I see a future Nobel Peace Prize winner there.

And they're also the most loved team. We've all fallen in love them. They're just too great to hate.

So what happens if they don't win the flag this year? Is it even possible that they don't??

If they fail in successive years, what will be the fall out?
1690426555352.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The repercussions will be minimal, they have a team that should hang around for a few years at the top, but they wiill hit some bumps along the way. They are the best team in it this year, but anything can happen at finals time, they are not as good as Brisbane, Geelong or the Hawthorn eras just yet. Remember when the Bulldogs won from 7th p[osition when there were three teams who finished 1, 2 and 3 with 17 wins. It's hard winning premierships. Collingwood will find it just as hard come September. They should win and are the most likely winners, but.....

Most discussions here are pointless but here we are. OP started the comparison by claiming we could be the best ever btw.

There’s the same recipe I think the other teams I mentioned had the recipe with a couple of extras we don’t have.
Your extras look ******* good to me.

Foot soldiers who do the basics very diligently every week..ie Mitchell, the other Daicos, Noble, Adams, Pendlebury and the old Shepparton grunt working baldy gem…Sidebottom.
These are the blokes who will grind you to victory.

You’re in the box seat. Pray for no injuries to Darcy, Milochek..and all your small forwards.
Cox is handy. Very handy.

And it’s 1990 all over again..momentum and the will to win is everything.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back