SorryIHammerChicken

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2005
Cameron White
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Team Carbonaro™..........
What are everyone's thoughts on this movie? Would you rank it among Tarantino's best? Just picked this up with a spare $5 from JB. Gotta love the monologue at the start :D

Yep, this is Quentin's best film.

Pulp is the most famous of course, because he was on the map at that time. But he was only on the map becaue of Reservoir Dogs.

Reservoir Dogs is an amazing film. It's about a heist, but you never see the hesit. You never see the bank, and 90% of the film is filmed in a warehouse. Great dialogue, great humour, and great pacing, especially with the flashbacks.

A true classic. RIP Chris Penn, and Lawrence Tierney.

dammit! i thought i picked up a bargain when i got it for $8 from ezyDVD.

brilliant movie but too hard to pick between it and pulp fiction as quebtin's best.

Tarantino's best IMO, and I really liked Pulp and Romance.
I thought True Romance was directed by Tony Scott - Tarantino had a hand in writing the film from memory.

Just on True Romance, you know you're getting old when you remember how smoking hot Patricia Arquette was in that film, and these days she is a total frump in Medium. Seeing her in Medium for the first time shattered my dirty thoughts about her in one fell swoop...

I reckon Jackie Brown is Tarantino's most underrated film. Loved the scene in the shoppng mall that was shot from 3 different perspectives - very innovative without trying too hard.

What are everyone's thoughts on this movie? Would you rank it among Tarantino's best? Just picked this up with a spare $5 from JB. Gotta love the monologue at the start :D

$5?!?! Bargain. I paid about $15 for it!!

Good movie, but i like Pulp Fiction better and LOVE Kill Bill. Uma rocks :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, this is Quentin's best film.

Pulp is the most famous of course, because he was on the map at that time. But he was only on the map becaue of Reservoir Dogs.

Reservoir Dogs is an amazing film. It's about a heist, but you never see the hesit. You never see the bank, and 90% of the film is filmed in a warehouse. Great dialogue, great humour, and great pacing, especially with the flashbacks.

A true classic. RIP Chris Penn, and Lawrence Tierney.

The heist was of a jewellery store and on the director's cut you see some of it.

Anyone else know james Woods was offered the role of the undercover cop initially, but his agent turned it down without even consulting him (becasue Tarantino was so unknown) or having him read the script - Woods' promptly fired that agent.

I like it better than Pulp because Steve Buscemi is in it, probably my favourite actor.

The opening credits sequence is brilliance - the score (Little Green Bag) and the slow motion - first time I watched it from that point on I knew I was going to love it.

And then the Stuck in the Middle scene was just as good; the performances of Harvey Keitel and Tim Roth just capped it all off.

The opening credits sequence is brilliance - the score (Little Green Bag) and the slow motion - first time I watched it from that point on I knew I was going to love it.

And then the Stuck in the Middle scene was just as good; the performances of Harvey Keitel and Tim Roth just capped it all off.

Keitel and Roth were good but Buscemi stole the show imo.

Keitel and Roth were good but Buscemi stole the show imo.

Bah. Rubbish.

180px-Ltierney2.JPG

Toughest. ****. Ever.

Bah. Rubbish.

180px-Ltierney2.JPG

Toughest. ****. Ever.

Pffft...

reservoir_sm.jpg

mrpink.jpg

Mr. Pink: I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's ********ed up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government ********s in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bull******** I got two words for that: learn to ********in' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big ********in' surprise.

I thought True Romance was directed by Tony Scott - Tarantino had a hand in writing the film from memory.

Just on True Romance, you know you're getting old when you remember how smoking hot Patricia Arquette was in that film, and these days she is a total frump in Medium. Seeing her in Medium for the first time shattered my dirty thoughts about her in one fell swoop...

I reckon Jackie Brown is Tarantino's most underrated film. Loved the scene in the shoppng mall that was shot from 3 different perspectives - very innovative without trying too hard.
Yeah I've always classed True Romance as a Tarantino film. He really should have directed it as well, but it was obvious that he wrote it.

Agree with you re Jackie Brown as well. That movie has really grown on me.

Yeah I've always classed True Romance as a Tarantino film. He really should have directed it as well, but it was obvious that he wrote it.

Agree with you re Jackie Brown as well. That movie has really grown on me.

Not sure why Jackie Brown gets the bad rap that it does. It's not too bad at all. I remember going to the cinemas to see it and some people were walking out halfway through it.

I think Tarrantino is grossly overrated. Having SAID that, i don't mind his films and definitely agree with the posters who claim Reservoir Dogs is his best film.

Some of the dialogoue is sensational. Like when Mr blonde after Mr white's rant about him shooting the jewrly store up.

Mr Blonde: "If they hadn't of done, what i told them not to do, they'd still be alive"

and
Mr Pink: but why am i Mr Pink
"cause you're a ************.... that's why"

:D :D

Pffft...

Mr. Pink: I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's ********ed up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government ********s in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bull******** I got two words for that: learn to ********in' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big ********in' surprise.

Gold..

I think Tarrantino is grossly overrated. Having SAID that, i don't mind his films and definitely agree with the posters who claim Reservoir Dogs is his best film.

Some of the dialogoue is sensational. Like when Mr blonde after Mr white's rant about him shooting the jewrly store up.

Mr Blonde: "If they hadn't of done, what i told them not to do, they'd still be alive"

and
Mr Pink: but why am i Mr Pink
"cause you're a ************.... that's why"

:D :D

Probably the two funniest lines in the movie imo.

I also piss myself when Mr.Blonde pops his trunk to reveal a cop bound and gagged, and starts spitting on him. Just makes me laugh.

And yeah, Tarantino is over rated, he "borrows" a hell of a lot from Japanese and Korean cinema.

Probably the two funniest lines in the movie imo.

I also piss myself when Mr.Blonde pops his trunk to reveal a cop bound and gagged, and starts spitting on him. Just makes me laugh.

And yeah, Tarantino is over rated, he "borrows" a hell of a lot from Japanese and Korean cinema.

You have a marvelous sense of humour and good taste.

Yeah that's it, he was the first guy in the western world to market an already existing genre. He's alright, but not great.

Anyone else know james Woods was offered the role of the undercover cop initially, but his agent turned it down without even consulting him (becasue Tarantino was so unknown) or having him read the script - Woods' promptly fired that agent.

Apparently he also offered George Clooney a role, before Clooney was anyone and he said no, 'his heart wasn't in it.' :confused:

I always thought this would be your favourite dialogue rj

Mr Pink: You kill anybody?
Mr White: A few cops.
Mr Pink: No real people?
:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back