Retirees starting 6 v the best now

Remove this Banner Ad

stylish

Debutant
Oct 7, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
My 20 year asked me tonight whether a starting midfield of ; Naitanui, Cunnington, Shuey and Cotchin with Seedsman & Smith on the wings would be better than any teams current starting 6. Note - the proviso is the retirees are at their peak.

My answer was absolutely with only Melb coming close.

Thoughts?

My 20 year asked me tonight whether a starting midfield of ; Naitanui, Cunnington, Shuey and Cotchin with Seedsman & Smith on the wings would be better than any teams current starting 6. Note - the proviso is the retirees are at their peak.

My answer was absolutely with only Melb coming close.

Thoughts?

No doubt. People forget how good Cunnington was at his peak - as formidable as any extractor.
With NN winning the ball and Cunnington getting 1st hands on it, Shuey & Cotchin are very talented deliverers.
Add Issac Smith & Seedsman's kicking skills (vs I'm guessing Hunter & Langdon) it's a no brainer.
Imagine that group having Buddy and Riewoldt to kick to.

No doubt. People forget how good Cunnington was at his peak - as formidable as any extractor.
With NN winning the ball and Cunnington getting 1st hands on it, Shuey & Cotchin are very talented deliverers.
Add Issac Smith & Seedsman's kicking skills (vs I'm guessing Hunter & Langdon) it's a no brainer.
Imagine that group having Buddy and Riewoldt to kick to.
Not as good as Hewett, Ginbey and Reid tho.😉

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back