Richmond Related DT/SC Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have from our team Newman, Astbury, Foley, Morton and Conca on the bench.

I went with a lot of first year players as emergencies, and quite a few GC players aswell.

Toy, Tape, Day and Swallow as emergencies will probably bring Swallow in depending on his form after a couple of games.

My back 7 are, Gibbs, Newman, Obrien, R Shaw, Bartram, Astbury and Tarant with Heppell, Tape and Toy as emergencies.

My midfield is, Swan, Goddard, Ablett, Mundy, Foley and Scully with Conca, Swallow and Polec as emergencies.

My rucks are Sandilands and Seaby, with Lycett and Campbell as emergencies.

My forwards are, Rioli, M Morton, T Walker, J Bennell, C Knights, Banfield and Petrie with Day, Mzungu and Harper as emergencies.

Thoughts are welcome, no doubt will change quite a bit in the lead up to Round 1.
is this for SC or DT? and are you interested in league or overall?

my general advice would be that your forwards and backs are very light and your mids are too expensive. even your cheapies (Conca, Swallow and Polec) are the more expensive ones.

MIDS: i'd lose Ablett, at his price he's too much of an unknown with two early byes, some limitation to his pre-season and the new club. Scully is also pretty expensive after such a good debut year, he basically has to become a superstar now to justify paying that much. he may become one, he may plateau a bit, i'd rather you select a D Harris or another cheapie in there. JGreen or Beams from Brisbane, Weller from GC, ISmith from Hawthorn, Wallis from the Bulldogs are some of the cheaper rookies to look at.

BACKS: Needs more Deledio. :) O'Brien, Bartram, Tarrant are pretty iffy for me and i had R Shaw last year and he was terrible when he started to get given run-with roles. Andy Otten will save you money in one slot, Broughton/ Scotland or similar will score much better than any of the three mentioned above. Not sure if Tape is best 22 just yet, BJacobs from Port or Duigan from Carlton are pretty likely to play and score alright.

RUCKS: If you're playing Petrie in the forwards then Hale or JTippett on the ruck bench will give you good DP cover. Dunno about Seaby.

FORWARDS: Walker, Bennell and Banfield are similar to Scully in that they've risen in price but we don't really know what they're going to do this year; Walker for example can have games where he hardly touches the ball. I think you're better off downgrading one or two of them to the likes of CRichardson from North, Matera from GC, or even Krakouer and then upgrading the others to a Franklin, Riewoldt, Sylvia or Waite. Also not sure whether Day will score well in his first year.

is this for SC or DT? and are you interested in league or overall?

my general advice would be that your forwards and backs are very light and your mids are too expensive. even your cheapies (Conca, Swallow and Polec) are the more expensive ones.

MIDS: i'd lose Ablett, at his price he's too much of an unknown with two early byes, some limitation to his pre-season and the new club. Scully is also pretty expensive after such a good debut year, he basically has to become a superstar now to justify paying that much. he may become one, he may plateau a bit, i'd rather you select a D Harris or another cheapie in there. JGreen or Beams from Brisbane, Weller from GC, ISmith from Hawthorn, Wallis from the Bulldogs are some of the cheaper rookies to look at.

BACKS: Needs more Deledio. :) O'Brien, Bartram, Tarrant are pretty iffy for me and i had R Shaw last year and he was terrible when he started to get given run-with roles. Andy Otten will save you money in one slot, Broughton/ Scotland or similar will score much better than any of the three mentioned above. Not sure if Tape is best 22 just yet, BJacobs from Port or Duigan from Carlton are pretty likely to play and score alright.

RUCKS: If you're playing Petrie in the forwards then Hale or JTippett on the ruck bench will give you good DP cover. Dunno about Seaby.

FORWARDS: Walker, Bennell and Banfield are similar to Scully in that they've risen in price but we don't really know what they're going to do this year; Walker for example can have games where he hardly touches the ball. I think you're better off downgrading one or two of them to the likes of CRichardson from North, Matera from GC, or even Krakouer and then upgrading the others to a Franklin, Riewoldt, Sylvia or Waite. Also not sure whether Day will score well in his first year.

Cheers for the advice. :thumbsu:

A lot of my iffy picks are due to the expensive midfield I went with, Scully I felt was more of a accumulator last year and felt he may have a similar year in which he bags around 80 points a game with the odd 100+ point game here or there.

With the backs it was really hard to choose because a lot of the choices such as Scarlett and the like are getting on in age and I felt they may have a down year and not worth the price tag they had.

Up forward was slim pickings due to the heavy price tags my midfield is carrying.

Will definitely make some changes though, and I'll post my team again once I have made a few changes. :thumbsu:

Also this is for SC I also do a DT but will have to change that around I think. :D

The Word From The Bottle Shop!!!

Half Richmond's coaching staff live in this neck of the woods - I almost mowed Lade down a couple of months back.

Anyway, my local bottle shop owner loves Dreamteam and Super Coach etc...

Dimma dropped in today and Matty asked him for a bit of a scoop for his teams. The (not so Earth-shattering) news was to expect Conca and Bachelor to play from the start.

Re: The Word From The Bottle Shop!!!

Great news, got both in my DT/SC teams Batchelor on the bench for now, but will most likely have Conca starting for Round 1 to see how he goes.

I would appreciate some thoughts on Nathan Foley. Has he completed the pre-season thus far? Terrific value at 364K if he returns to form.
Since Xmas he has been training with the main group, but still sits out the occassional drill. If it helps Campbell was on 3AW tonight and said that everyone is on track for round 1.

We know Tugga not going to win many games in DT if Cotchin was your first pick.

He'll do good but your first pick gotta Swan in the midfield.

Get on Mitch Morton :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see alot of you guys giving props to Morten even though he only played 12 games last year?

Im juggling between Morten, Houli or Edwards on the forward line in my SC team.

Edwards played a fair bit of footy and had a breakout year with the Tiges, Houli has alot of potential that we know and Morten was hampered by injury/form?

Which out of the three would you favour and why? With the bye this season, its important not to stack too heavy to favour 1 club and having already selected Reiwoldt.

Who is the most likely to be consistent out of the 3 tigers mentioned and how has their overall preseason form given indication to your choice?

comments appreciated

Cheers

Most of us have Morton penciled in for a break out year this season. He missed twelve games last year because he approached Hardwick about his desire to play midfield and Hardwick approved of the idea stating that he thought Morton had elite disposal that was damaging to the opposition, so the more he had the ball, the better.

But Dimma told him he would have to go learn the trade back in the VFL hence the 12 games missing. When he returned he played on the wing and high HFF and racked up the touches while kicking at least 2 goals a game and averaging over 100 points in both DT and SC.

Most of us are hoping for that role and form to continue.

Most of us have Morton penciled in for a break out year this season. He missed twelve games last year because he approached Hardwick about his desire to play midfield and Hardwick approved of the idea stating that he thought Morton had elite disposal that was damaging to the opposition, so the more he had the ball, the better.

But Dimma told him he would have to go learn the trade back in the VFL hence the 12 games missing. When he returned he played on the wing and high HFF and racked up the touches while kicking at least 2 goals a game and averaging over 100 points in both DT and SC.

Most of us are hoping for that role and form to continue.

Ok, so the VFL stint was purely based on a change of play style vs injury/form. Good to know.

Yeah, with Morton, just check out his individual game scores for last year... First half a dozen games he averaged probly around 50-60. Last half a dozen games (after moving to midfield) averaged around 100. Even if not a keeper, will be nicely under-priced.

Cotchin should break out either this year or next, obviously hoping it's this year ;)

I see alot of you guys giving props to Morten even though he only played 12 games last year?

Im juggling between Morten, Houli or Edwards on the forward line in my SC team.

Edwards played a fair bit of footy and had a breakout year with the Tiges, Houli has alot of potential that we know and Morten was hampered by injury/form?

Which out of the three would you favour and why? With the bye this season, its important not to stack too heavy to favour 1 club and having already selected Reiwoldt.

Who is the most likely to be consistent out of the 3 tigers mentioned and how has their overall preseason form given indication to your choice?

comments appreciated

Cheers

If you already have Riewoldt in your team than I wouldn't be getting another tiger in your forward line. Unless you are planning on trading either of them by round 11. You wouldn't want to be trading out these players though, as you would hope for them to be 'keepers'.

Of the players you mentioned Morton is my pick. He slimmed down, fit and ready to continue is late season form of 2010.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back