Game Day Richmond vs Sydney, Adelaide Oval, round 5, April 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season over. But that’s not a bad thing. Reality check needed. Our defenders are embarrassing. Midfielders marginally better

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Honest question as I don’t watch VFL and only see stats … where I often see Ryan taking 8-14 marks …. Does he struggle to mark pretty easy balls at VFL level, meaning it’s probably a confidence thing? Or does he drop them like this at VFL level also?

The major issue for me is the lack of game plan, as there is a lot of players running around like headless chooks. The game-style we had 17-20 is no longer, as Dimma threw it out & tried to re invent it. Players looking confused, frustrated & lost at the moment, much like most of our supporters. Not sure what the solution is, as we still have players that are more than capable of being competitive. We probably have been lucky not to be flogged before tonight, with more to follow I feel. I hope we get to look at some of the other kids over the rest of the season & see if we have something to look forward going into the next few seasons.

No one. Dimma doesn’t believe in tagging, despite Rioli and Dusty being sat on all game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, outcoached. Longmire knew Dusty was their biggest threat to us kicking a winning score so put their best player on him in Mills. Result? Dusty no goals and no influence. I would’ve put Rioli on Papley …. whilst he’s a good rebounder Rioli is also very good defensively.

We all knew Papley and Heeney were going to tear us a new one in this game with all their forwards out … except seemingly our coaching staff.

Why do the Geelong veterans last longer?

Because they get looked after better and the club tends to make the right call on them at the right time.

Yes they got Smith and Rohan (both looked like there was more footy in them) and Selwood, Hawkins, Duncan, Tuhoy still continue to roll on but most of those blokes have played pretty consistent footy to warrant going on.

People don't talk about their busts as often as they do about our blokes going on too long. Crameri, Dalhaus, Higgins, Steven, Jenkins, Henderson all came and went and contributed bugger all.

Our issue is that we are failing to accept that father time has won. We went all in on this year and unfortunately it's going to set our next premiership back.

The good news is that there's a LOT of cap space coming up. Riewoldt, Cotchin, Grimes, Dusty, Taz all going in the next two years. Prestia, Broad, Lynch, McIntosh, Marlion and Vlastuin after that (within 4 seasons in most cases). The bad news is we really need more picks and I'm not sure how we get them short of something like Shai going back home to WA.

Hahahaha we try and pinpoint a pass inside 50 when its bucketing rain and windy after having 20 chances to get it deep and put pressure on

Bunch of absolute morons

Yep … Sydney have no tall defenders …. why we didn’t kick the ball long to the hotspot 20m out in front of goal every time like Sydney did is dumbfounding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back