Rider transfers for 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 13, 2007
Dorne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Cards Suns City Vics
Silly season is nearly upon us and we have our first massive transfer already. Please feel free to post any transfers you hear of, official or rumour. Just make it clear if it is a lewd, lascivious, salacious or outrageous rumour!

Nibali has headed to Vinostana. Sorry, Astana. He has brought some friends with him to the Kazakhstani squad, Agnoli and Vanotti. Good move or bad move? What does this mean for Kreuziger? What about Liquigas? I wonder if this is Nibali's season done, due to riders carrying their UCI points to their new squad. Hopefully he gets to ride Lombardia.

Didnt Kreuziger leave Liquigas so he didn't have to wait behind Basso and Nibali?
Kreuziger (Astana) to Saxobank Tinkoff Bank
Samuel Doumulin (Cofidis) to AG2R La Mondiale
Carlos Betancur (Acqua & Sapone) to AG2R La Mondiale

Stijn Devolder and Joost Posthuma have been dropped from their teams, but have not signed anywhere yet.

What will Green Edge look to do?

Remain on the stage victory/one day classics trail? Financially do they have any other option?
I think a majority of their riders are still signed for next season, so there won't be much going on IMO.

Interesting Nibali is exiting Liquigas. I suppose that means they are going to set themselves up for Sagan and stage wins rather than GC. Wonder where that leaves Basso.

Interesting Nibali is exiting Liquigas. I suppose that means they are going to set themselves up for Sagan and stage wins rather than GC. Wonder where that leaves Basso.
Basso will still ride the Giro. Having an Italian lead the top Italian team in the Giro d'Italia is a sponsors dream.

Valerio Agnoli and Alessandro Vanotti have followed Nibali to Astana.

Lots of riders leaving Liquigas. Have heard something about new sponsors coming on board, or possibly Cannondale becoming the title sponsor, which could mean the end of Liquigas being an Italian team, hence the Italian rider exodus. Whatever happens I hope Szmyd and Basso stay together. They are the Cav and Eisel of the climbing world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be really sad if Liquigas leave the team, cycling needs more than one major Italian team.

EDIT: Szmyd gone to Movistar! Capecchi gone too. Bad luck dman.

That would be really sad if Liquigas leave the team, cycling needs more than one major Italian team.

EDIT: Szmyd gone to Movistar! Capecchi gone too. Bad luck dman.
Dang :(

A lot of movement in and out of AG2R this season. Team IAM, a new pro continental team based in Switzerland have signed 3 riders from AG2R already. Cofidis also figuring prominently. Sammy Sanchez has renewed his contract with Euskatel.

Big Jens, who is a beast of a man, will be rolling around again. Signed with RSNT, so maybe they won't fold. Flecha is headed to Vacansoleil, and Pozzovivo is heading to AG2R, so we will get to see him at more races which is good.

Cavendish basically confirmed he is gone from SKY as they aren't able or willing to focus on two jerseys at the Tour.

The move was on Foxsport News last night. It would have to be very disappointing for GreenEdge as he is a potential star. Going to Rabobank is probably not going to hurt his development and might help if there are some committments to riding the big tours. He could lead that team in a couple of years.

Anyone got any goss on the personal reasons behind the move with a year remaining on his contract?

It is official, two year deal at Rabo. Disappointing result for OGE, he says that he wants to develop as a road racer and he must feel that Rabo is a better team to do that than OGE.

Kreuziger has gone to Saxo to be a super domestique for Contador, as well as leading the team at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back