Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

Bust ?? How so ??

He's struggled to stay healthy which could impact his athleticism in the long term (and noting in recent history, key forwards have struggled with durability), and I don't think the contested marking will hold up at the next level, not without something changing through gym work.

I do reckon he has a very high ceiling, seeing if he can get his body sorted and develop some explosiveness in his leap, the world is his oyster with that profile. That is not a sentence that gives me much solace at this point in time though.

Like the player, don’t like the fit. Won’t melt though, will give him time to show why he’s got.

He's struggled to stay healthy which could impact his athleticism in the long term (and noting in recent history, key forwards have struggled with durability), and I don't think the contested marking will hold up at the next level, not without something changing through gym work.

I do reckon he has a very high ceiling, seeing if he can get his body sorted and develop some explosiveness in his leap, the world is his oyster. That is not a sentence that gives me much solace at this point in time though.
I think he's got a great marking technique, always takes the pill at the highest point.

He'll be an animal to stop IMO.

And that last sentence is exactly why we have Tim Parham and are chasing Burgess

I am in the “hope to be proven wrong” group. And also the “we better not be using pick 2 on a ruck” group.

As a draftee he has limited scope for physical development, and lots of scope for learning forward craft. Banking on our development coaching to turn his raw physical attributes into leading forward.

I can see him being a slow build like Himmelberg and Fogarty. Let’s see how he develops.
BS mate, just because he way 100k doesn’t mean he’s physically strong yet. Will build muscle and become a lot stronger. He will become a force in 2 or 3 years

Best position: Key forward/ruck
Height, weight: 201cm, 100kg
Recruited from: West Adelaide
Projected draft range: 1-10
Plays like: Tom Lynch (Richmond)
September ranking: 6
Rationale: Freakishly quick and can play either as a key forward or through the ruck. Thilthorpe has held his own at SANFL League level, and despite struggling with groin issues this year he still managed to feature in the bests in five of his nine appearances. Thilthorpe's move up one spot comes on review of his ceiling.
Strengths:
Contested marking, marks at the highest point and has sticky hands overhead, clean at ground level, hands in close, decision making under pressure, leap, takes on the game at speed, speed, endurance, agility, x-factor, finishing around goal, skills, size and strength, performances at SANFL League level, versatility to play key forward, through the ruck or up on a wing, still growing.
Weaknesses:
Unclear best position, consistency of impact, conversion in front of goal, durability.

Great player, addresses the flight risk which no kidding has been a massive issue for us.

All great here.

I think he's got a great marking technique, always takes the pill at the highest point.

And that last sentence is exactly why we have Tim Parham and are chasing Burgess

Problem is more in how little he's jumping, and how little power he is generating which is getting me worried. It looks very exploitable, especially in the pack.

Problem is more in how little he's jumping, and how little power he is generating which is getting me worried. It looks very exploitable, especially in the pack.
The power certainly has to come, but he's got many strings to his bow.

My interest is now what we do with our talls....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The power certainly has to come, but he's got many strings to his bow.

My interest is now what we do with our talls....

The problem is of course, is you can have many strings to your bow, but they do need to be useful strings. Otherwise you end up a Jenkins ;)

The good thing with the talls is we don't have to rush Thilthorpe into our best 22, which is probably for the best in the mid to long term. Will Fogarty finally be demoted to a third tall is probably the main thing I'm hoping for in the long run.

The problem is of course, is you can have many strings to your bow, but they do need to be useful strings. Otherwise you end up a Jenkins ;)

The good thing with the talls is we don't have to rush Thilthorpe into our best 22, which is probably for the best in the mid to long term. Will Fogarty finally be demoted to a third tall is probably the main thing I'm hoping for in the long run.
I hope so too, some strong conversations to be had with Tex and Lynch

Great player, addresses the flight risk which no kidding has been a massive issue for us.

All great here.
Nothing addresses the flight risk except money, or extraordinary peripheral opportunities to make more money. If other teams come for him with money, he will go, just like any other footballer from any other team.

Welcome Thrillo.

9bf3cf7d5ab39360a8822c3094e32d54.jpg
That jumper looks great

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reminds me of Tippett, but a Footballer.

Tip was clean with marking, hit the ball high.

RT seems to be as well.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back