Robbo cries for his beloved Albert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the same article.

Others thought it brilliant and inspiring and when the chanting and clapping began, he came across as a leader in war times. “We'll fight them on the ... forward flanks.”

Robbo has an unhealthy obsession with war?

And then he finishes with this.

The only positive in that scenario would be Hird gets an opportunity to tell his side of the story — the whole lot — including where all the bodies were buried.

Maybe it's wiser to keep him in the camp than out of it.

Sounds like a bit of internet speak to me. Could he be listening?
More his delusion that wars were fought so James Hird could stop the truth being told!
Can just imagine the rallying cry as the troops depart for the fields of Flanders.
All the young lads from remote Qld stations, Adelaide/Sydney factories etc being told that although they may believe they are fighting for God, King and Country, it is really for Truth, Justice and the Essendon Way, for unless we stop the Hun in Europe the Golden Child may never be born as prophesised, born to lead the Essendon faithful to glory and beyond, "Whatever It Takes".
Inspirational really.

Haha -Robbo really needs to stop now as its getting seriously weird. The war analogy stuff is quite bizarre. If he is writing that stuff with a straight face( hard to believe he is) then the poor bloke has lost his marbles. He has to be trolling us all.;)

Robbo today is trying to work out why Hird didn't get the bullet. He can up with this blinder.

"Hird is owed $1.5 million, but that could be raised in an afternoon by the money men who want to get rid of him. No, it's not the money."

A lazy 1.5 is nothing to the boys at Tulla apparently. What an idiot.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...er-board-meeting/story-fnp04d70-1227081795903

This is my favourite

Fans and members have been furiously loud. The Herald Sun was told there were tens of thousands of emails and phone calls received at the club in the past five days, most supporting Hird and some desperately calling for him to be sacked.

And 99% of the fanboy cultists pro Hird emails/phone calls were drunken dials from Robbo.

This article is surely his worst- it is honestly beyond embarrassment now.

Surely, HS are only keeping him on for the lolz??

The only positive in that scenario would be Hird gets an opportunity to tell his side of the story — the whole lot — including where all the bodies were buried.

Maybe it's wiser to keep him in the camp than out of it.

there's an irony in championing hird's appeal with its wider implications and in regards to the player interviews, 'quashing evidence', and then sitting back and taking solace in the idea that hird will one day 'provide evidence' and tell his story (not to speak of how truthful he might like to be when he does this). unless it's in court, i suspect hird's side of the story will only come out after offers of 'inducements', paid interviews and whatnot.

So very true, but unfortunately not the case.
I don't think we ever set out to contravene the law. Work outside the box yes, and that in itself is dangerous enough that if you opt for that path you should make sure your plan is watertight and every loose end is covered.
That was not the case and we have/are paying for it. And so we should.

But given the level of scrutiny Hird has copped, you can't begrudge him the avenue to fight.
He is not devoid of responsibility, but I don't think he intentionally set out to break the law, and his name was in the gun from very early on.
I think it was Rd3/4 last year when calls for him to step down were made (Not evans, goodwin, bomber, corcoran, just Hird). Ever since, he has had a target on his back. Im not surprised by the way he has responded. Its just a shame it couldn't be left to run its course away from the public eye. Too much opinion and innuendo has poisoned the waters now. Either way, there will be no winner.

Hird has had a target on his back justifiably because of his role in all of this. Hird was active in this PED program from the outset and there is enough information out in the public domain for me to form that opinion. When did the text messages from Dank to Hird come out...March / April 2013. And it was at that point in time that people started calling for his head.

Hird knew about the program. Hird gave the thumbs up re the program. Hird himself got injected with PED's (not against rules itself but shows state of mind that he's ok with injecting PED's to feel better about himself). Hird lied about who he spoke to overseas (NY pharmacist / doctor). Have I missed anything?

From today's offering

Hird is no longer confused and disappointed because, back in early October, it was a confusing and disappointing time for many people at Essendon.

Robbo makes my head hurt.

In some ways that was an interesting article, as it was not square with Harvey on SEN this morning.

He was putting a more positive gloss on things, with Bomber "around the club". I thought it sounded a very unconvincing PR spin, sort of like when a player has been told they are being delisted but the public face has to be all is rosey.

548x1j.jpg

Loved Robbo's , "guys why can't we all just be mates" article this morning.

He should have sorted out Duck and Stevo. Guys you need to talk.

Have Carey and Stevens had a falling out? Well... I didn't think anything could displace my concerns about that bloke from The Batchelor and the girls from that, but this might be the news that does it. Just feel desolate hearing this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent pic.

I well remember Robinson's first Back Page article for The Hun in the mid/late 90's.

"NATURAL BORN KILLERS" screamed the headline....followed slavishly by an article dripping with red & Black hero worship. The EFC Half Back line of Hardwick, Wallis and i can't recall the other HBF'er, were the subject of Robbo's weird combat fetish and adulation.

Memories of the Coliseum were invoked.

The guy and his weird outlook haven't changed much in all this time. Not much maturing has been achieved...i dare say not even sought.

So today we get Robbo writing another puff piece about Albert.

Its not about the money according to Robbo, Hird is standing up for the little people.

He also shows his lack of basic math, reckons Alberts legal bills would be around $1m. Considering he has to pay ASADA's costs from yesterday's judgement, estimated at $250k, plus his own, at least the same, then add the initial case where he lost and was told to pay, plus all the lawyers during the AFL commission hearing, it's well on its way to $2m IMO.

It was hardly a classic Robbo puff piece, he wasn't exactly supportive of Hird either. He clearly doesn't think Hird should appeal. He said Hird sees himself as the little people, not necessarily that he thinks he is that.

I tried to place a comment on News.com site advising that they should be subsidizing Hird's court costs for all the ghostwriting he does. Almost always the posts criticizing the HS don't get published. Would't be surprised if Rupert moderates it himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back