Analysis Robert Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey would have to go mighty close to getting the St. Kilda job I feel.

Good luck to him if he decides to throw his hat into the ring for any/all the senior positions that are becoming available. I personally don't see him as a senior coach in waiting. Not even sure he has those asperations.

I'd actually be more worried we might lose Longmuir.

The talk is that he is a great strategist, but not so much with communication

Only those on the inside would know for sure

I've always wondered about this. For a great tactician we get picked apart at centre clearances consistently. That's a pretty key indicator for an area that falls under Harvey's control. I know theres a big chunk of speculation in that but i've always got the impression he's overrated.

I've always wondered about this. For a great tactician we get picked apart at centre clearances consistently. That's a pretty key indicator for an area that falls under Harvey's control. I know theres a big chunk of speculation in that but i've always got the impression he's overrated.
He survived the Footy Department review when others got chopped, so there must be a strong reason he remained

I understand he has missed out even getting even close for coaching positions elsewhere....even missed out on being interviewed on one of them

Alastair Clarkson is a very nice bloke too.

I think it would be more accurate to say that Clarkson can be a very nice bloke, he hasn't always acted in that manner. :)

Pendles was gushing about him in the Jock and Journo podcast today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The talk is that he is a great strategist, but not so much with communication
Only those on the inside would know for sure
You're right, but i find it hard to be believe that the RH who talks inside the club is that different to the very famous, much-interviewed player we have known and seen for dcades now on TV - a guy who who never struck me as much of a speaker or communicator. Now, i'm not saying a man of few words can't be a good communicator, it's just that Harvs has never struck me as one in the dozens of times i've heard him talking. Just my outside opinion obviously; he is clearly a much-loved, respected, and knowledgeable legend of the game.

You're right, but i find it hard to be believe that the RH who talks inside the club is that different to the very famous, much-interviewed player we have known and seen for dcades now on TV - a guy who who never struck me as much of a speaker or communicator. Now, i'm not saying a man of few words can't be a good communicator, it's just that Harvs has never struck me as one in the dozens of times i've heard him talking. Just my outside opinion obviously; he is clearly a much-loved, respected, and knowledgeable legend of the game.

He's just very low key, calls a spade a spade. Not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of coaches are calm and methodical now.

The days of huff and puff and bluster are over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back