Roast Robert Walls

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that he's embraced the "Gee" and I like the whole "Did I say that?" thing.

On LeCras: “Gee did I say that (he should retire)? Anybody who plays 200 games of AFL football’s a very good player. You have to be, to survive that long,” Walls said.

“Gee some of those young boys — (Liam) Ryan looked like he’s gonna be a good player for them, (Brad) Sheppard’s improving all the time."

“Did I say that (West Coast would finish last?) One swallow doesn’t make a summer — and let’s face it: yesterday they played a team that had three missing in the last quarter — a pretty good team,” Walls said on AFL Tonight.

I like that he's embraced the "Gee" and I like the whole "Did I say that?" thing.

On LeCras: “Gee did I say that (he should retire)? Anybody who plays 200 games of AFL football’s a very good player. You have to be, to survive that long,” Walls said.

“Gee some of those young boys — (Liam) Ryan looked like he’s gonna be a good player for them, (Brad) Sheppard’s improving all the time."

“Did I say that (West Coast would finish last?) One swallow doesn’t make a summer — and let’s face it: yesterday they played a team that had three missing in the last quarter — a pretty good team,” Walls said on AFL Tonight.
Alzheimers setting in plus damning by faint praise.

Last edited:
Funny how he (and just about everyone) make reference to us losing so much experience with guys like Mitchell retiring. Petrie is usually thrown in there too. As if they were mainstays of our club for years. They just dont seem to get it.

Robert Walls
2Sqz0aC.gif

Funny how he (and just about everyone) make reference to us losing so much experience with guys like Mitchell retiring. Petrie is usually thrown in there too. As if they were mainstays of our club for years. They just dont seem to get it.
Plus the fact I think we're still the 5th oldest team or something, not like we don't still have a heap of experience on the list

Everyone used to complain about Walls until they realised that his replacements as special comments guys are far worse. I don't mind him despite him being a bit negative at times, he is certainly entitled to his opinion, though I don't agree with this one about us being last and he will be wrong.

Everyone used to complain about Walls until they realised that his replacements as special comments guys are far worse. I don't mind him despite him being a bit negative at times, he is certainly entitled to his opinion, though I don't agree with this one about us being last and he will be wrong.
he is utterly biased against wce.

next week wce will be putting his nancy blues in for the spoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sensational.

He was not good enough to be considered as the candidate for the WCE coaching job in the late 80s. Malthouse got the job, hence sour grapes since...

Nice to see the comments haven't been forgotten among the media either.
Even Vic centric media types know a f***wit when they hear one.
From 7 things we learnt:
1. We're heading for a cracking Western Derby that nobody expected
You would have been laughed out of town before the season started for claiming the round six Western Derby could be one of the year's most-anticipated matches, but the scene is set for a blockbuster at Optus Stadium next Sunday. Who would've predicted the regenerating Eagles would be sitting pretty as the only team to win four straight games by now? Certainly not Robert Walls, who backed them for the wooden spoon.

I'm honestly surprised at how much this is blown up. I mean he has to tip somebody right? Every commentator tips A TEAM to finish last.

When i heard, i just thought "doubt it dickhead" and forgot all about it. But i'm honestly being reminded of it every week by the media and eagles fans jumping up and down over 1 commentator out of 50 making a bold, albeit stupid, prediction.

If you're honestly offended over someone you've never met tipping the football team you support to finish last, you've lived a sheltered life fam :seenoevil:

I'm honestly surprised at how much this is blown up. I mean he has to tip somebody right? Every commentator tips A TEAM to finish last.

When i heard, i just thought "doubt it dickhead" and forgot all about it. But i'm honestly being reminded of it every week by the media and eagles fans jumping up and down over 1 commentator out of 50 making a bold, albeit stupid, prediction.

If you're honestly offended over someone you've never met tipping the football team you support to finish last, you've lived a sheltered life fam :seenoevil:
Spot on.

i am sure nearly all people on this board would have predicted us to be lower on the ladder than we are. i had the eagles at 12th or worst. lets remember, its still only 5 games in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back