Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

mbWj1mU.png

First tournament win of 2023, on the first day of the year yeah boy :p. Two hurdles, the QF could have gone either way, other than that we smashed everyone else. The second leg of the final was a lot closer, I helped score the winning goal with a break away assist starting from the last line of defence, Dribbled the ball half way before I boost launched it against the wall for my teammate to slot in with just seconds left!

Also I've had a lot of wins get decided by "shots scored" over the last few nights, bloody tense (don't want to concede a goal when we've had 8-15 scoring shots and our opponents only 3-4 haha... funnily enough that has happened twice, one match we were the team that scored the goal when overtime was almost over.... there was another game where we only had to hang on for 20 seconds.... but we conceded a goal and it was by a dumb teammate error (not me I swear lol)).

And yes I believe the servers do lag - albeit deceptively. Like I can zip around, have perfect touch/timing one game, the next it just disappears and its like my button presses are delayed to the action on screen.

We were ahead 4 - 0 (one teammate had 2 goals, I had the other 2 goals)

Opposition scores 1 goal making it 4 - 1

Opposition scores again and it's now 4 - 2 with 90 seconds left

The forfeit vote pops up

I was like ARE YOU BLOODY KIDDING ME ?

As I'm typing a long winded message saying WHY FORFEIT WE ARE STILL IN FRONT AND WILL STILL WIN.

The teammate who likely instigated the forfeit vote "left the match"

LOL

The third teammate who did barely anything during the match, scored not long after making it 5 - 2 and the other team forfeited to end it!

We were ahead 4 - 0 (one teammate had 2 goals, I had the other 2 goals)

Opposition scores 1 goal making it 4 - 1

Opposition scores again and it's now 4 - 2 with 90 seconds left

The forfeit vote pops up

I was like ARE YOU BLOODY KIDDING ME ?

As I'm typing a long winded message saying WHY FORFEIT WE ARE STILL IN FRONT AND WILL STILL WIN.

The teammate who likely instigated the forfeit vote "left the match"

LOL

The third teammate who did barely anything during the match, scored not long after making it 5 - 2 and the other team forfeited to end it!
I don't get forfeiting when your down by 1 let alone on front ffs.
And you can always pick who it generally is just off a hunch.

When you and your teammates aren't in sync with each it usually stays like that throughout the whole game is when I vote to FF -forfeitting while in front I think makes them think they cool or better or something I don't know😂

I find slot of teammates don't have a strategy when playing -its funny watching a replay of all 3 going for the one ball in the cnr making it a 90% defensive zone with no on in it🙄

I'm trying to train myself to play the game a different way (re: not use the flip/roll forward) when using the ball as often as I do. It's a good tactic to say ally oop or do a volley ball spike shot. But I get caught out when using similar tactics in defence.

It's a bit of a mess right now as I'm trying to adjust the controller sensitivity settings on both Xbox and Playstation. Xbox was perfect until I mucked around with it, now I'm trying to fix it. Playstation has always been a case of the controls being too stiff or too loose (which means my ball use is even more sloppy).

2 Funny matches tonight

In one tournament we made a run to the finals (and lost) but in the semi final we faced a more aggressive team that should have beaten us EASILY - if not for their main strategy. Which was power shots from medium to close range. If they were on target, we'd have lost 10 - 0, however the majority missed and either hit the top or the sides..... rebounding nicely enough (as in over their cars) allowing us to get a rebound goal :D.

You'd think they'd learn to stop it after 2-3 times, but nope it was their go to move and it cost them victory :p

The second match was a 2 v 2 affair, the opponents played the man just as much as they played the ball (I do like the bully tactics, when I'm doing them, not so much when I get treated like a dodge em car). Anyway they were doing a lot of showboating at 4 - 0. However they made a few mistakes that we took advantage of and it went down to the wire 3 - 4. I missed a shot at goal with 10 seconds left :( - another Travis Cloke style miss as well, it almost went in! We had one more chance to try to force it to over time, but the opponents bumped us off the ball as the clock went to 0.

Last edited:
Just won the second chance 2 v 2 tournament, went about 20 minutes longer than it should have. As my teammate kept going idle every second goal in the semi final and the final itself (guess he wanted a challenge - we were also trailing in both deciding matches of the semi and the final!! only for him to wake up and help get the win in both games).

Bfn9GXq.png

Still felt like
61a849d54b91f86d9571c5d2aa501fdd15-hump-.rsquare.w700.gif
at the end. It was a magical win :D

Made the final of tonights 3 v 3 tournament

Would love to tell everyone who won - but we've been waiting in the lobby for 15 minutes - the team has won 2 legs 9 - 0, 20 - 0 and are playing a third leg 18 - 0). I think the game has glitched out tonight!
I've got a decent tournament glitch story.

It's the semi finals. Other team wins a tight game 1. We win a right game 2. Both games were one goal wins. Both teams are extremely evenly matched, it's one of those where you can tell by play style and such.
So game three comes along and it's neck and neck the whole match. We're down 3-4 bit equalise in the last minute. Over time goes for a while, 2.5 minutes I think.
Eventually I hit the winning goal, 5-4, series 2-1, onto the final....

Except the game decided to start game three all over again as if none of the above had ever happened.
I cracked the shits and lost concentration, one guy went idle and the other tried but was off his game too... It was truly soul destroying as far as rocket league goes.

I've got a decent tournament glitch story.

It's the semi finals. Other team wins a tight game 1. We win a right game 2. Both games were one goal wins. Both teams are extremely evenly matched, it's one of those where you can tell by play style and such.
So game three comes along and it's neck and neck the whole match. We're down 3-4 bit equalise in the last minute. Over time goes for a while, 2.5 minutes I think.
Eventually I hit the winning goal, 5-4, series 2-1, onto the final....

Except the game decided to start game three all over again as if none of the above had ever happened.
I cracked the shits and lost concentration, one guy went idle and the other tried but was off his game too... It was truly soul destroying as far as rocket league goes.

Wow!! Have had the drop in form happen before. Funny when it happens in the final final match lol. There have been many tournanents where I've played well - scored at least 1 goal in every round (usually 2 or 3). Then nothing in the final.

Also last nights tournament we won, the gane finally loaded into the final and we were being killed. Lost the first leg, and were about to lose leg 2. Out of nowhere the game just ended and the tournament win info popped up on screen. I'll upload screenshots later and you'll see the out of whack stats.

oIBi8n6.png

Top left was me starting an exhibition match (sometimes when the "next match" screen hangs if I start an exhibition or training match the actual online match will kick into gear and load up. Top right - the match abruptly ends when we were losing badly.

Bottom left, the lopsided stats - we were having an average tournament (literally winning 1 - 0, 2 - 0 etc). Bottom right shows the state of play right before the "forfeit" and our victory ?

Very strange!!

Their ball movement was very strange, it was like some of their ball handling resembled the powerups from the rumble match type. EG: flying with the ball pretty much connected to the car (not on the bonnet, but right in front etc).

Last edited:
Tonights 2 v 2 tournament playing on the ps5 (dodgy controller and all). Managed to pair up well with someone, complimenting our styles to beat most opponents convincingly. We make it to the semi final - opponents lose leg 1. One teammate quits making it 2 v 1, then my teammate randomly drops out making the rest of the match 1 v 1.

My opponent just beats me with 2 lucky goals toward the end.

Then he quits in leg 3, taking me to the final (which I lost) hahahaha!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By no means I'm great at this game but faark me there are Soo many faarkin shiit kuunts in ranked have no faatkin idea,a little understanding of reading plays or rotating wouldn't go astray 🙄 if you're getting beat in the air constantly maybe try ground ball shiit instead ey and vice versa😂

11,000 matches, 70% win rate with not a lot of MVPs continues to make zero sense to me 😅

It's like MMR is disabled for you or something

Well you've seen some of the stat sheets of tournaments I play in and I rarely top the scoreboard in the categories, so I'm not always going to get MVP at the the end of matches (strangely enough I was MVP in R1 and R2 of the 2 v 2 tournament I entered at 10pm lol. But I scored some lucky rebound/reflex goals there). Plus a fair chunk of the matches on both profiles are 1 v 1 duels - thus I don't get awarded MVP for the wins there!

A lot of my random pair/individual matches before the tournament were close contests. Lost two, would win the next four in a row. Lose again, won the next two etc. It took a while to get back to 69% on the PC/Switch/PS profile. Currently it takes 3-4 losses for a percentage loss, and only 3 wins in a row to gain percentage.

The Xbox profile would be the one that accurately reflects where I'm at - as mentioned (history lesson again) started playing Rocket League on Xbox wayyyyyyyy before I got it on pc/ps/switch. Later on when Epic did the account migration, I couldn't merge the Xbox profile with the rest as my Xbox account is tied to an older Epic profile. I was more annoyed at having to merge the Switch profile data as that was my best performing console by a huge margin (Rocket League is easier for me on the Switch Pro controller).

Well you've seen some of the stat sheets of tournaments I play in and I rarely top the scoreboard in the categories, so I'm not always going to get MVP at the the end of matches (strangely enough I was MVP in R1 and R2 of the 2 v 2 tournament I entered at 10pm lol. But I scored some lucky rebound/reflex goals there). Plus a fair chunk of the matches on both profiles are 1 v 1 duels - thus I don't get awarded MVP for the wins there!

A lot of my random pair/individual matches before the tournament were close contests. Lost two, would win the next four in a row. Lose again, won the next two etc. It took a while to get back to 69% on the PC/Switch/PS profile. Currently it takes 3-4 losses for a percentage loss, and only 3 wins in a row to gain percentage.

The Xbox profile would be the one that accurately reflects where I'm at - as mentioned (history lesson again) started playing Rocket League on Xbox wayyyyyyyy before I got it on pc/ps/switch. Later on when Epic did the account migration, I couldn't merge the Xbox profile with the rest as my Xbox account is tied to an older Epic profile. I was more annoyed at having to merge the Switch profile data as that was my best performing console by a huge margin (Rocket League is easier for me on the Switch Pro controller).

Even then, 61% and you're only plat? I don't understand how that maths out.

I'm not always playing ranked matches!

I suppose that works, but even then your casual MMR would be going up and presumably lead to more losses.

I know on the odd occasion I jump into casual I'm still normally playing people at my level.

It must just be greater variance at the low ranks or something

How do you not rank up in tourneys? You seem to win a lot of those too 😂

I'm finally on the precipice of Champ in standard, my usual teammates have improved and I think we should make it this season.

I don't think we will go much further than that but top 10% of players is good enough for me 😅

How do you not rank up in tourneys? You seem to win a lot of those too 😂

I'm finally on the precipice of Champ in standard, my usual teammates have improved and I think we should make it this season.

I don't think we will go much further than that but top 10% of players is good enough for me 😅

I lose more tournaments than I win, remember I post more about my victories than losses (unless a funny/stupid thing happens that you can only laugh at). But 4 tournament wins since January 1 is pretty good, better than my Season 8 so far :p

I lose more tournaments than I win, remember I post more about my victories than losses (unless a funny/stupid thing happens that you can only laugh at).

I get that, you do still seem to win fairly often though!

I'm almost always out by the second round 🤣

I get that, you do still seem to win fairly often though!

I'm almost always out by the second round 🤣

Well yeah 3 tournaments a night, bound to get lucky at some point. I've had my fair share of 1-2 round (or QF) exits. Other great looking tournaments turn bad in the SF or the final round itself.

Hence why I think it was good to have a break for a few days, came back refreshed, timing was a bit better than usual. Did have one funny blooper "goal", got on a run, dribbled the ball and faked out a few players..... took a shot on a bit of an angle, thought it went in... Started celebrating - only to see play was continuing as someone what a saved it :(.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back