Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

I do find it a little strange with all the loot box hoo-ha going on at the moment that RL never rates a mention.

It's more to do with the predatory tactics of the other games I presume. In RL you can turn off chests at least. RL is also pretty generous with rewards though in my experience, especially now with the challenges.

I bought a rocket pass this time around and after 100+ tiers I am swimming in cool stuff :cool:

It's more to do with the predatory tactics of the other games I presume. In RL you can turn off chests at least. RL is also pretty generous with rewards though in my experience, especially now with the challenges.

I bought a rocket pass this time around and after 100+ tiers I am swimming in cool stuff :cool:

I guess. Probably a personal thing - I'd rather pay $5 for something I actually want rather than $1 (or whatever) for a random chance, they would have got heaps more cash out of me by now.

How much is Rocket Pass?

I guess. Probably a personal thing - I'd rather pay $5 for something I actually want rather than $1 (or whatever) for a random chance, they would have got heaps more cash out of me by now.

How much is Rocket Pass?

That's why I got Rocket Pass. I think it was about $15? It cost 15 keys from memory, so you have to buy the keys and purchase it with those. I figured it was worth it day one of the season thing because there were a heap of keys along the way and more worth while items than spending the keys on opening chests. Of course it's not worth it now as the pass will end at the end of this month but if it's something you know you regularly play it's worth it day one as the rocket season thing lasts 2-3 months. With the challenges now too you smash through the tiers meaning more stuff.

I used to rock Octane for no other reason than it was the only car I had any cool animated skins for. Now I've got a heap of Guardian GXT versions and skins from this season alone so I've been able to switch.

Once you get through the tiers with rewards you get a key every 10 tiers too. With the weekly challenges and semi regular play it's easy to get another 2-3 keys a week on top of those initial ones as well.

Pretty sure you only get 10 in total? Maybe some of them are after the standard reward tiers, but I've had the last two passes and gone miles past the end of the fixed items and never ended up with more than 10. You get a few decryptors too along the way

Pretty sure you only get 10 in total? Maybe some of them are after the standard reward tiers, but I've had the last two passes and gone miles past the end of the fixed items and never ended up with more than 10. You get a few decryptors too along the way

That be the one. I call decryptors keys to because they all unlock chests lol. Just flicking through this season it looks like I got 5 decryptors, so 15 chests. So save confusion, when do the question marks kick in, about 70? Then it's a key every 10 levels up to 110 which is easy to knock out now with the challenges. Pretty easy to make the keys back now. I prefer shiny loot though as there is no guarantee I'll be playing as much for the next Rocket Pass.

That be the one. I call decryptors keys to because they all unlock chests lol. Just flicking through this season it looks like I got 5 decryptors, so 15 chests. So save confusion, when do the question marks kick in, about 70? Then it's a key every 10 levels up to 110 which is easy to knock out now with the challenges. Pretty easy to make the keys back now. I prefer shiny loot though as there is no guarantee I'll be playing as much for the next Rocket Pass.

Not sure, I'm up to tier 242. Last key was at at 110

If anyone else is in the same, excruciating boat as me where most nights your car feels like your driving in mud, turning and jumping so slow that you look like an absolute moron and spud of a player, I made a discovery last night that had me instantly back to how the game is meant to be. Apparently the "Heavy Car Bug" is a thing and the Devs put some settings options in for people to play with to try and fix it.

In the gameplay options there is a setting for Input Buffer. I changed this from Legacy to the bottom option (CS something) and next game my car was back to the agile machine it's meant to be and I was back to focussing my rage on dopey team mates rather than my car's inability to change direction.

This is on PS4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold 3 doubles... I have been plat but in a pretty bad form slump at the moment
Somehow after putting this game on the backburner for a good part of 8 months i have jumped back on and played myway into good form.
Good enough to consistently get MVP most games in twos. I was god awfull when i got back on though

I hover between plat and gold. Have made it to whatever is above plat in solo but there is so much luck involved in solo. I'd love a decent non ball chasing non rotating teammate or two, but alas my friends are not that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back