List Mgmt. Rory Lobb

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, I did not get a good vibe from Leon's post match comments when asked about the Lobb rumours. I know the questions were asked in the shadows of a gut wrenching defeat, but it wasn't just how he answered the questions. It was also the politician like answers. Not very direct or convincing at all.

Geez, I did not get a good vibe from Leon's post match comments when asked about the Lobb rumours. I know the questions were asked in the shadows of a gut wrenching defeat, but it wasn't just how he answered the questions. It was also the politician like answers. Not very direct or convincing at all.

Not much he can do.

It seems these days contracts are not worth much. Clubs know that the AFL is a toothless tiger and has not set up a system that procludes poaching.

Freo openly waived an open chequebook at McCarthy and will get their man (albeit a year late). Now they are doing the same with Lobb.

They have Pav retiring, Ballas on the outer and Sandilands nearing the end so they have an open chequebook.

I have no doubt they have offered him 900k which would be more than double than his current deal with us. They've probably offered him a 5 year deal too.

How do we compete with that? And what if Freo say that money is yours if you come in 17 otherwise it goes to Hogan??

These are all the games going on in the background. The managers start it, then they get their little whores in the media to spread rumours which then leads to a pressure point and a final outcome.

Happens every year, now that Lobb's form is so irrepressible it is unfortunately our turn...

Pick 3 and ballaz would have to go close...or lose him next year for much less? Pick 3 gives you Marshall...a solid replacement.

Mate, he left home at 14 to go work up at Mt Tom Price (so clearly has no problem living away from family). Has said he's got a big family in WA but it gets a bit intense when he gets home with all the attention.

Think he's happy where he is.
For your mobs sake... i hope your right. For my clubs sake...i hope your wrong.

I hope we do get Lobb n Sunshine. Will lift us back up quite fast and send a message that its open season at the Giants for all to plunder.
You could just tell you were busting to put a cheap shot in. Hope you feel better about yourself now. It's ok, little one you'll be big boy one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we do get Lobb n Sunshine. Will lift us back up quite fast and send a message that its open season at the Giants for all to plunder.
Up to the pantheons of failure you're so accustomed to?

Wow.

What a pathetic existence you must lead.

Haha. Can here you whistling through the gaps in your teeth as you speak. Collingwood have had there fair share of players nominating the pies over the years.

Seriously moving to either one of the WA clubs would be a dick move at this point.

West Coast are the next Carlton/Richmond/North Melbourne - a team that thought it was good enough but wasn't quite and will now go through a slow process of denial until ultimately conducting a rebuild.

Fremantle is a complete and utter basket case. Its champion players Pavlich/Fyfe/Sandilands are retired/chronically injured/old, its midfield too slow and its offence and defence mediocre.

Both of these clubs are 4-6 years away if they make every post a winner in their next few off seasons and hope other teams like us and the Western Bulldogs regress.

Given Rory's age profile his career sweet spot fits ours like a glove.

Hopefully he sees that, plenty of time for him to buy a mansion in Margaret River when his career is over!!

Seriously moving to either one of the WA clubs would be a dick move at this point.

West Coast are the next Carlton/Richmond/North Melbourne - a team that thought it was good enough but wasn't quite and will now go through a slow process of denial until ultimately conducting a rebuild.

Fremantle is a complete and utter basket case. Its champion players Pavlich/Fyfe/Sandilands are retired/chronically injured/old, its midfield too slow and its offence and defence mediocre.

Both of these clubs are 4-6 years away if they make every post a winner in their next few off seasons and hope other teams like us and the Western Bulldogs regress.

Given Rory's age profile his career sweet spot fits ours like a glove.

Hopefully he sees that, plenty of time for him to buy a mansion in Margaret River when his career is over!!

Or WCE are the next Geelong. One bad season and bang.

Everyone knows clubs will go after GWS players like there is no tomorrow. Still a salary cap to fit everyone. Not every midfielder will be able to be paid 800k.

Or WCE are the next Geelong. One bad season and bang.

Everyone knows clubs will go after GWS players like there is no tomorrow. Still a salary cap to fit everyone. Not every midfielder will be able to be paid 800k.

Like they went after Hawthorn players and Geelong players and Brisbane players...how did they go?

We will lose players, we have already lost players, we will replace them with others.

It's a lot easier to keep them once you start winning.

We overcame Treloar, we can overcome anything.

Tommo was apparently dead keen on moving to Carlton last year and that has now flipped on its head. I seriously doubt Lobb will be traded even if he asks. A lot can change in 12 months for young men that age. McCarthy is the exception rather than the rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back