List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not trying to start a s**t fight, but has everyone heard how we have had the worst drop off in memberships this year at 7%?

Yeah, I'm curious how much of that 3,688 drop off is broken down:
Memberships without seats
Small batch memberships, I think we have 5 and 6 game memberships
Reserved seating memberships

When Ross was talking about the commercial reality of AFL in WA, stadium deal and the link to performance, this is to what he was referring.
That is pretty obvious however this is a thread about RTB. It's off-topic and I don't think belongs here but go ahead and connect as many dots as you like.

That is pretty obvious however this is a thread about RTB. It's off-topic and I don't think belongs here but go ahead and connect as many dots as you like.
You don’t think falling membership numbers are correlated with team performance? You don’t think team performance has anything to do with the coach? It’s not a hard to make the connection at all.

That said, I agree in that the actual breakdown would be interesting.

You don’t think falling membership numbers are correlated with team performance? You don’t think team performance has anything to do with the coach? It’s not a hard to make the connection at all.

That said, I agree in that the actual breakdown would be interesting.
I didn't say that. I think it's the wrong thread for membership numbers. Certainly team performance is a factor, should we add it into every player's thread as well?

I don't understand why Ross would stick around. We are going to lose both Hills and Langdon. Our midfield unit is going to be even more weaker, so where is the improvement going to come from?

I don't understand why Ross would stick around. We are going to lose both Hills and Langdon. Our midfield unit is going to be even more weaker, so where is the improvement going to come from?

The early draft picks that we’ll get. At $800k or so a year, he’s playing the long game, and why wouldn’t you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See how Cerra is talking about the win, this is the sort of article that should put seeds of doubt into the minds of even the biggest Ross fans

We all saw it on the weekend, it was brilliant, but this effort based game plan is unsustainable as a premiership strategy. You simply can't play like it for long enough even if you love the coach. It's gonna give you a lot of good moments but not a flag.

Freo's current 2019 memberships numbers are about equal to their 2015 minor premiership and still substantially higher than their 2013 GF season, but in simple terms, about the same as their 2017 numbers.
Generally speaking, clubs will increase their memberships when they are winning.
The dropoff appears to be more related to the new stadium. There was a 4,000 increase with the new stadium in 2018. I suspect the 4,000 decrease is because some members see little benefit in the new stadium memberships when they can just rock up to most home games when they feel like it and get a seat.
43,975 2011
42,918 2012
44,480 2013
48,776 2014
51,443 2015
51,889 2016
51,254 2017
55,639 2018
51,431 2019

See how Cerra is talking about the win, this is the sort of article that should put seeds of doubt into the minds of even the biggest Ross fans

We all saw it on the weekend, it was brilliant, but this effort based game plan is unsustainable as a premiership strategy. You simply can't play like it for long enough even if you love the coach. It's gonna give you a lot of good moments but not a flag.
Didn't the Bulldogs win a premiership based on an efforts based game plan, hence why they dropped off so much after it as they couldn't sustain the effort any more

Sounds like you need to find a little faith and stay the course
Haha honestly who knows anymore. Every time I jump off him we come out with a stellar performance and I find myself coming back over to his side. I reckon the best thing we can do is to completely devote next year to getting the best out of Ross (new assistants, maybe new medical team etc) and see if he can make finals. Makes it a lot easier to make a decision and means you can't really lose next year regardless of how it ends up.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't the Bulldogs win a premiership based on an efforts based game plan, hence why they dropped off so much after it as they couldn't sustain the effort any more
I would have said more like crazy brave ball movement by foot and a healthy dose of illegally throwing it out of contests by hand to get it to those kickers. Just how I saw it.

QUOTE="malpaso, post: 62186191, member: 11886"]
And this is in the RTB thread why?

It's Yakka. :p
[/QUOTE]

Lol. I couldn't be bothered making a new thread, and couldn't see anywhere else to post it. It's at least related to Ross a little bit. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make the problem go away.

Lol. I couldn't be bothered making a new thread, and couldn't see anywhere else to post it. It's at least related to Ross a little bit. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make the problem go away.

Yaka's right, is is related. If you take on a job as a bigwig at a car plant, if the cars don't sell there is trouble - even if it's something like being hit with a change in exchange rate or something out of your direct control, let alone for things that are in your control - Volkswagen fudging the data on emissions for example.

The club must have expected numbers to drop with a rebuild. There is no rocket science, do well and more people turn up, do poorly and people lose interest. With the new facilities being planned/developed they were probably shitting a brick or two about memberships and finance.

Nah, the questions were pathetic. He started off by congratulating the team & ross for Saturday, then it was Brad Hill, membership decline and can you play finals (Gaffaw). I'd be off to Ch 9 next year if I was Freo. I only watch that segment on Channel Wet Toast, and would switch to Ch 9 if they interviewed RTB

Memberships go up, memberships go down. It's not shocking in any way.
Doesn't Perth have a housing cost crisis at the moment?
Sure some people might not be able to afford it.
When the figures go up later and people want to get excited, then they need to realize at some point. ...... they will go down again.
But they'll go up again.
And down.
And up.

Back