List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute p!ss poor that this guy got treated like this.

This is in my section (513) and I have been told off by security before for being too loud (I'm with my wife and 3 kids FFS)
I will be moving next season as I am made to feel guilty for supporting my team.

Cuppa tea and a biscuit anyone?

Completely agree. Even during the 2015 finals series I got told off for being too loud and “disruptive”. I wasn’t swearing or being abusive, simply trying to help my team into a grand final. Irritates me.

Agreed. He was bloody excited his team were thumping us.

Completely uncalled for, if he wasn't 6"6 + 130Kgs they wouldn't have bothered removing him.
It is also highly likely (based on my experience), that someone actually SMS'd or called security on the bloke (as they did with me)

Should spend more time supporting your team and getting involved then trying to get people kicked out.... get a life

It is also highly likely (based on my experience), that someone actually SMS'd or called security on the bloke (as they did with me)

Should spend more time supporting your team and getting involved then trying to get people kicked out.... get a life

I had my wife and my 5 month old son with me, never felt threatened at all. It was probably more amusing to watch than the insipid performance we put on against Brisbane!

Absolute p!ss poor that this guy got treated like this.

This is in my section (513) and I have been told off by security before for being too loud (I'm with my wife and 3 kids FFS)
I will be moving next season as I am made to feel guilty for supporting my team.

Cuppa tea and a biscuit anyone?

Yeah I hate that. I had the same in Melbourne at a Carlton game though, all the over 65's couldn't stand my good natured barracking, I was looking for a laugh and they were all threatening to get security.

Just move, it is the only way sometimes and there are plenty of decent barracking areas around.

The smiles and pure joy on the young blokes faces and the camaraderie shown towards each other as they walked off after the game was fantastic and they didnt give a stuff how the game was won they just loved the win. All those young guns are enjoying each others company and the club. Why any true supporter cant see what is happening with the young group growing together is beyonnd belief. Watching those young fellows enjoying the win was something I wont forget,
It has that feeling of the Geelong and Hawthorn premiership winning sides; young (early) draftees developing together, going through the tough times at the start and then contending for a good 5-7 years.

Mate you can tell by your posting and one of the mods checked out your IP address and it's the same as a prominent West Coast supporter.
I've posted on the West Coast board maybe twice. I post here more often than anything. And why the hell would you bother checking my IP? Waste of time isn't it. Just let it be man. I'm a Freo supporter and nothing else

Woodside is on the way out though after the contract finishes according to my family member who is very close with the top of the hierarchy there. Though I was told that well before the Ross likes budding boobs (RBB) media blow up. I'm sure when it happens though the media hacks will all come out swinging like it's all RBB's fault for his off field antics, atrocious game style, and for testing PEDs on animals and anything else they can accuse him of (just like how they blamed Simpson when SGIO announced they would stop sponsoring the bin chickens after 30y...)

Probably more to do with too many Poms involved in management most of them seem to hate our game and pine for the days when we all play soccer or rugger like the mother country does have noticed this at a few major companies in Perth with alot of British management involved they know where the airport is.

Probably more to do with too many Poms involved in management most of them seem to hate our game and pine for the days when we all play soccer or rugger like the mother country does have noticed this at a few major companies in Perth with alot of British management involved they know where the airport is.

Harsh, Woodside MD is a Vicco, who is a Saints fan !

This guys was in our section 513

Was simply supporting his team vocally and yelling out things like "cmon the bears"... no swearing, just very animated. The security guy that has hi in a head lock is the same guy that told me off during this game for being loud! I think there are some real conservatives in this block who would rather knit scarves then watch the game

I have no problems with the cops, they do their job well when required at the footy, but a good number of the security people are wannabe authoritarian thugs !!!.

They are wannabe cops, but would not make the grade ( unfit is a nice term ). At Subi, I regularly saw security telling "genuine fans" to keep the noise down !!!!. I sure as hell can tell the difference between "genuine fan noise" and "boofheads", why can't security ?.

Chairman Richard Goyder I'm pretty sure grew up on a WA farm, also doubt he hates footy.
The guy who is also the AFL Chairman? Nah he can't stand footy, wants all the rules to be changed so it becomes a whole new sport :) #notbeingserious

edit - and a former Fremantle FC Board member

That totally sucks and is so un Australian.
Maybe the librarians that have the security guards number on speed dial all mashed their phone buttons.
To be fair there have been a lot of plain clothed Eagles fans coming to Freo games to cheer on the opposition over the decades that have driven many older Freo fans to treat any opposition fan not wearing their teams colours with suspicion.

Especially when Freo fans are feeling disheartened with Freo getting flogged in a home game they were expected to win comfortably. It was the sort of game that drove me to anger to the point of leaving five minutes into the third quarter. It drove many Freo fans into all sorts of angry and upset driven moods.

Otherwise he was pretty stiff to cop that. I copped similar treatment in an A League match for refusing to leave due to intoxication 10 freaking minutes into the match from 457 visa Indian security guards. So I understand how he feels.

The best advice for an opposition fan is that at Freo home matches there are always blocks designated to opposition fans. Get a seat in those and as close to the cheer squad as possible and these problems can be minimised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair there have been a lot of plain clothed Eagles fans coming to Freo games to cheer on the opposition over the decades that have driven many older Freo fans to treat any opposition fan not wearing their teams colours with suspicion.

Especially when Freo fans are feeling disheartened with Freo getting flogged in a home game they were expected to win comfortably. It was the sort of game that drove me to anger to the point of leaving five minutes into the third quarter. It drove many Freo fans into all sorts of angry and upset driven moods.

Otherwise he was pretty stiff to cop that. I copped similar treatment in an A League match for refusing to leave due to intoxication 10 freaking minutes into the match from 457 visa Indian security guards. So I understand how he feels.

The best advice for an opposition fan is that at Freo home matches there are always blocks designated to opposition fans. Get a seat in those and as close to the cheer squad as possible and these problems can be minimised.

Yea I get that.

But if he was a diehard Brissie fan after what they have dished up the last few years and to be there to witness that win. I can kind of understand him being a bit over excited.

Happened to hear Matera interviewed on radio while in car this morning. In the first two home games he I thought he played well and hit a few long range set shots. Cox says he's the best set shot kicker in the squad. However he had a chat to Ross after his first few games and which resulted in him running away from goals trying to make more tackles and probably playing worse. Has 2 goals in the last 8 games?

Was only beaten to spud of the round by McCarthy last week (https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2018-falling-star-award-round-17-cam-mccarthy.1189184/) but when asked what Ross thought of his game (loaded question) Matera said RTB told him he was going well. WTF is going on? So Matera is doing what he's been asked keeping RTB happy and no chance of being dropped.

Happened to hear Matera interviewed on radio while in car this morning. In the first two home games he I thought he played well and hit a few long range set shots. Cox says he's the best set shot kicker in the squad. However he had a chat to Ross after his first few games and which resulted in him running away from goals trying to make more tackles and probably playing worse. Has 2 goals in the last 8 games?

Was only beaten to spud of the round by McCarthy last week (https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2018-falling-star-award-round-17-cam-mccarthy.1189184/) but when asked what Ross thought of his game (loaded question) Matera said RTB told him he was going well. WTF is going on? So Matera is doing what he's been asked keeping RTB happy and no chance of being dropped.

Cool man

Matera said RTB told him he was going well. WTF is going on? So Matera is doing what he's been asked keeping RTB happy and no chance of being dropped.

I'm sure if Grey, Switty & Ballantyne were all on the selection table Matera wouldn't be playing right now.

Chris Mayne Syndrome

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm sure if Grey, Switty & Ballantyne were all on the selection table Matera wouldn't be playing right now.
Bennell not Ballas? I liked how Matera was playing initially but most can see he's been struggling for a few weeks. The question was asked to see if he he was possibly being dropped or to see if RTB was giving him something to work on. But no ... all good apparently.

He's dropping into the Freo forward abyss with McCarthy ... need help quick.

Back