List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast 1 goal 12 points in 1989.
In 2014 R4 vs GE at Kardinia, WC kicked 4.1 in the first quarter, followed by 7 more points for a 75 point loss.

Another stat I found curious, since 2012, the following H&A record for both WA teams at tough away venues, Kardinia, York Park & SCG;
FR (15-1-1-13): 5 games for 4 losses & 1 win vs GE at Kardinia, 5 games for 5 losses vs HA at York Park & 5 games for 4 wins & 1 draw vs SY at SCG.
WC (7-0-0-7): 3 games for 3 losses vs GE at Kardinia, 1 game for 1 loss vs HA at York Park & 3 games for 3 losses vs SY at SCG.
Notice how Freo have had more than double the games at those difficult away from home venues.
& don't get me started on the Free Kick differentials.

Maybe I’m just a generally more positive supporter than some, as I always try to see the good even in a crappy loss.

I’m hearing people say Freo haven’t improved, but I question that. Last season we won 8 games, we have already done that with more games to come. The number of large blow outs are down + we are pumping games into quality yoof.

Some people may be impatient, but when you step back and have a good look, we are improving. We are definitely not in reverse.

Would like to know what is occurring with his hair in this pic

Receding badly and probably in the midst of a very stressful season because it looks like it all fell out at once. Also this photo looks like it was taken before he was wealthy enough to consider hair plugs and a decade long dosing regime of finasteride. And i say power to him, let’s all keep our physical prisons in tip top shape while we can

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So,Dale Alcock stated that the FFC club would not be entertaining a contract extension with RTB with RTB having a year still to run on his current contract.
Is the FFC board forcing RTB to make a decision by sitting on their hands?

I reckon Ross is an unlucky coach.

He missed one flag by a bad bounce, missed another by poor kicking, had a couple of flag campaigns ruined by late injuries to key players and his last few years have been destroyed by injuries again.

Napoleon once famously said that he would prefer a lucky general to a good one.

Ross is jinxed.

Dunno, he's been employed for 13 years straight. That's not bad for an AFL coach.
He's taken $8 mill off Freo, so I don't see much of a problem if he gets the chop

I reckon Ross is an unlucky coach.

He missed one flag by a bad bounce, missed another by poor kicking, had a couple of flag campaigns ruined by late injuries to key players and his last few years have been destroyed by injuries again.

Napoleon once famously said that he would prefer a lucky general to a good one.

Ross is jinxed.
Prepare yourself...

C077B9C9-977C-4FEF-B744-F258DBA35F4B.gif

Maybe I’m just a generally more positive supporter than some, as I always try to see the good even in a crappy loss.

I’m hearing people say Freo haven’t improved, but I question that. Last season we won 8 games, we have already done that with more games to come. The number of large blow outs are down + we are pumping games into quality yoof.

Some people may be impatient, but when you step back and have a good look, we are improving. We are definitely not in reverse.

Benchmarking against yourself is ok as one measure of performance...What if we have been crap and just getting slightly less crap each year through improvement.

To me the more important Benchmark is against other teams. Are we improving as much as other clubs that are in a similar position and timeline for rebuilding. Should we have done better with our rebuild than we have?

I think recruiting has hurt the rebuild and we should of gone for more draft kids and less recycled. I think a lot of decisions across recruiting and game plan and assistant coaches would have been influenced by Ross... So if our results this year and over the period of the rebuild are on track for a premiership then give him a tick.

But I think looking forward, it wont happen.

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has dismissed speculation about his future, again committing to the club and saying he has no problem entering the final year of his contract without a new deal.

The footy rumour mill has run wild in recent days with Lyon linked to coaching positions in Victoria.

Contracted until the end of next season, Lyon said he would definitely be at Fremantle next year and would happily coach without the security of a longer tenure.

“I don’t think it is unusual,” Lyon said of his contract.

“The term was to the end of 2020. That’s what both parties committed to.

“There were no options or clauses put in that there’s a rider that you need to be re-signed.

“You’re making a number of assumptions - a) that I want to continue to AFL coach, b) that I want to coach here and c) that I need to coach.

“They’re all assumptions people are making. I’m committed to my job.”

Lyon wouldn’t answer questions about whether other clubs had make inquiries about his availability.

He said the AFL industry was filled with agendas and that was why speculation about him both being sacked and chased by other clubs were continuing.

He said nothing would distract him from his job.

“I get my back up and work harder,” he said.

“I find I’m best when I focus on my work.”

Lyon expects Nat Fyfe (elbow) and Rory Lobb (shoulder) to both play against the Western Bulldogs this weekend.

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has dismissed speculation about his future, again committing to the club and saying he has no problem entering the final year of his contract without a new deal.

The footy rumour mill has run wild in recent days with Lyon linked to coaching positions in Victoria.

Contracted until the end of next season, Lyon said he would definitely be at Fremantle next year and would happily coach without the security of a longer tenure.

“I don’t think it is unusual,” Lyon said of his contract.

“The term was to the end of 2020. That’s what both parties committed to.

“There were no options or clauses put in that there’s a rider that you need to be re-signed.

“You’re making a number of assumptions - a) that I want to continue to AFL coach, b) that I want to coach here and c) that I need to coach.

“They’re all assumptions people are making. I’m committed to my job.”

Lyon wouldn’t answer questions about whether other clubs had make inquiries about his availability.

He said the AFL industry was filled with agendas and that was why speculation about him both being sacked and chased by other clubs were continuing.

He said nothing would distract him from his job.

“I get my back up and work harder,” he said.

“I find I’m best when I focus on my work.”

Lyon expects Nat Fyfe (elbow) and Rory Lobb (shoulder) to both play against the Western Bulldogs this weekend.

Strange comments to say the least

Back