Review Round 10, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting game from Ah Chee. Half his disposals down back, mostly uncontested and with 0 tackles and 2 pressure acts

He had a few as the stopper late in quarters. They swing him back for the shutdown fist thing.

What was the deal with clugga getting subbed out?

Fages has had enough and he will play vfl until he re-signs. Is what it looked like to me.

I'm delighted for Kai getting a bag of five goals tonight.

Not only is he a very good player but he works his guts out pretty much all game.

It's a just reward for persistence at VFL level, then as many times sub in the firsts.

So happy he stuck fat with the club when the conventional thinking was that he'd walk at the end of last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gave Sharp a vote. Had some very good moments. Keeps this up and he’s a lock.

Usual suspects were Andrews, Lohman, Cameron and Morris.

Going to be hard to put Starce and Bailey back in after the last few weeks. If we can win against Hawthorne, St Kilda and the Dogs, the team is looking at a good shot to a late push.

The young players are awesome - they bring an energy boost and a swagger that is essential for winning teams.

Older players play their roles - it's a job. Younger players still have stars in their eyes and want fairytales.

Fagan would never have supported these changes without the injuries, but they are essential for our ongoing success.

Great to see the Lions put a team to the sword. The Tigers were really quite awful, but it would have been easy for this to turn into a 60 point win. Instead we went on with it.

Hawthorn have been pretty good recently (other than against Sydney). Here’s hoping our boys build on our improving form next week.

Awesome to see some good goal kicking. Hopefully the players can learn from it that kicking goals is the same action regardless of pressure. 7 behinds is our lowest talley since round 13 against Hawthorn last year when we kicked 11.7. Great stuff.

Last edited:
Genuinely excited with this young crop coming through, a whole lot of promise being shown by them all. Sharp needs to work on his craft to match his speed, Kai was sensational and I see glimpses of Johno Brown from Morris. I think Motty has future captain potential.

It was also great to see Charlie back to being busy, I hope it gets him back on track. Overall a great team performance, yes, against a battered Tigers team, but we still put in a big performance.

Gave Sharp a vote. Had some very good moments. Keeps this up and he’s a lock.

Usual suspects were Andrews, Lohman, Cameron and Morris.

Going to be hard to put Starce and Bailey back in after the last few weeks. If we can win against Hawthorne, St Kilda and the Dogs, the team is looking at a good shot to a late push.
Zac’s back for Hawthorn too isn’t he?

Morris is going to be a monster in a year or two. I love the way Reville kicks the ball. Wilmot, how good is he. Does anyone know what the record is for most games in a row from debut?
He is playing a more disciplined version of the ‘Doc’ Wheildon role. Great hands, mobile and hard to match up on. Wheildon had a yard on him for pace, but Morris looks like he is going to prove to be equally hard to match up on. I strongly suspect Morris will take his footy more seriously.

It’s good to see us back winning and having a bit of fun.

Our midfield seems to have got going now.

Lohmann is a player and it’s great to see. The more our young guys develop and if we keep winning anything will be possible.

He is playing a more disciplined version of the ‘Doc’ Wheildon role. Great hands, mobile and hard to match up on. Wheildon had a yard on him for pace, but Morris looks like he is going to prove to be equally hard to match up on. I strongly suspect Morris will take his footy more seriously.

Great memories of a very talented quirky player. Thanks 3KZ.

Back