Review Round 10, 2024 vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy definitely boasts about the 13-wins-in-a-row. You waiting for the DVD?
13 in a row gets a run here

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jon Ralph saying they stopped the clock and Port had an extra 19 secs is laughable.

I remember when the clock kept going after a goal that took 10 secs off the clock.

The media cockroaches need to try and drum up controversy everywhere. Can't just let an amazing finish sit for a few days. Don't pay them any attention.

The umpiring was disgusting for the first half, no mention of that. We got a decent run/even up in the last of course. No surprises thats when we were able to peg back the lead.

This timekeeping blunder being put out by that idiot Jon Ralph would never, ever happen. A bloke I knew use to timekeep for the crows and he told me that both timekeepers are being adjudicated by a boss adjudicator and if they are even 1 second out there will be a please explain. So in real time that boss adjudicator would have kicked a couple of bums and therefore a 19 second time error would never happen.
Fun fact. The timekeepers use to be employed by the clubs until there was some problems at, I think a Freo game, and the AFL said stuff that and that from now on the timekeepers are now our employees and they will come under the control of the Umpires Department.
Jon Ralph is basically trying to stir up some controversy - flavour of the month use to be the goal umpires, then it was the boundary umpires, then it was the guys checking the video to see if it was a goal or not, then the doctors checking for concussion, now let’s pick on the timekeepers. Next it will be the groundsmen, the bar staff. ……….!

This timekeeping blunder being put out by that idiot Jon Ralph would never, ever happen. ....
Ralph is blaming the umpire for being slow in blowing time back on. I'm sure if you added up all the delays in umpires blowing time off/time on in every AFL game you could come up with a net of at least 19 seconds on average.

The answer is NO.

Time on/time off calls made by umpires are not an exact science. And discrepancies happen in every AFL game in every round.

But typical Ralph here referencing one single discrepancy when time on was called in one moment in the game (which happened with 7:35 minute left on the clock and Port still 3 goals down) and saying it influenced the end of the game is peak click bait BS.

So FRO losers. (P.S. No one in the AFL is whining about this btw, certainly no one at Hawthorn. It's made up media BS)

Last edited:
This timekeeping blunder being put out by that idiot Jon Ralph would never, ever happen. A bloke I knew use to timekeep for the crows and he told me that both timekeepers are being adjudicated by a boss adjudicator and if they are even 1 second out there will be a please explain. So in real time that boss adjudicator would have kicked a couple of bums and therefore a 19 second time error would never happen.
Fun fact. The timekeepers use to be employed by the clubs until there was some problems at, I think a Freo game, and the AFL said stuff that and that from now on the timekeepers are now our employees and they will come under the control of the Umpires Department.
Jon Ralph is basically trying to stir up some controversy - flavour of the month use to be the goal umpires, then it was the boundary umpires, then it was the guys checking the video to see if it was a goal or not, then the doctors checking for concussion, now let’s pick on the timekeepers. Next it will be the groundsmen, the bar staff. ……….!
Jon Ralph= click bait.

This is universally known.

Defo not Chadbro, I am just a normal ****wit member like many of you. Sick to ficking death of coming onto this forum for years with all the sack Hinkley bullshit. Sure we haven’t won the premiership that we all crave but out of the current 18 coaches there is only 3 coaches with a better win/loss record than Hinkley. They are Longmire, Chris Scott and Macrae. I just don’t buy into the bullshit of changing a coach is going to win a premiership. Ask Carlton how that has gone.
I could say ask Collingwood how it went?
Brisbane how it went. The coaches you named all won a premiership.

Yes don’t change coaches every two years for sake of change however there has been enough form to show what we are going to get with this coach! We started against the Hawks like we did against the Dogs the 2021 prelim how did that work out

Yep, a Jed tackle saved us from being 10th
Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

Defo not Chadbro, I am just a normal ****wit member like many of you. Sick to ficking death of coming onto this forum for years with all the sack Hinkley bullshit. Sure we haven’t won the premiership that we all crave but out of the current 18 coaches there is only 3 coaches with a better win/loss record than Hinkley. They are Longmire, Chris Scott and Macrae. I just don’t buy into the bullshit of changing a coach is going to win a premiership. Ask Carlton how that has gone.
Maybe yes, maybe not, but not changing the coach is almost a guarantee of not winning a premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Props to Drew for that lightning handball to Butters under pressure too

That was superb, just kept the ball moving to best possible person

Imagine if someone told you beforehand that we'd only win by a point. That would have been the most unsatisfactory result possible by any measure.

It's amazing what a finish like that can do to a game of footy.
lol, it still was unsatisfactory, but I get your point.

The key I guess is that we won. If we lost that it would've been a huge dent to the entire season. In that last moment, we at least kept some flicker of hope alive.

YARTAPUULTI midfield coach Josh Carr says the outcome of Sunday’s incredible win over Hawthorn has not overshadowed some of the side’s shortcomings identified in the team review.

Had we actually applied the same lens instead of drinking our own bathwater after the horrible last 2.5 qtrs against Geelong, we may never have gotten into the position we did. Thank **** that at least the right messaging is coming out this week. We are blowing away sides in small patches and we are having big scores/turnarounds put up against us at other times. The latter is a huge concern.

YARTAPUULTI midfield coach Josh Carr says the outcome of Sunday’s incredible win over Hawthorn has not overshadowed some of the side’s shortcomings identified in the team review.

Had we actually applied the same lens instead of drinking our own bathwater after the horrible last 2.5 qtrs against Geelong, we may never have gotten into the position we did. Thank heck that at least the right messaging is coming out this week. We are blowing away sides in small patches and we are having big scores/turnarounds put up against us at other times. The latter is a huge concern.
Why can't Ken say normal sentences like this?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see this link in this thread, but on my Twitter notification's by Lace Out, who a few years ago did a whole lot of great longer videos from Fox Footy and 7 on his Youtube Channel before Fox Footy put the squeeze on him.

This is a 4 way call of the last 40 seconds or so, as ball was about to be bounced after the Rioli goal, by the 4 radio stations, SEN's AFL Nation, ABC, MMM and AA. I can't work out if its Campo or Timmy G pissing themselves laughing after DBJ kicks the goal. The high pitch initial laugh I think is Campo then Tim joins in, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
After having lived thru one of the 3 below, plus also losing after the extra time siren in 2017 EF to WCE it was great to do one of these games where you lead for the first time with 1 second to go and see it achieved without waiting for an after the siren result like we have seen with Robbie and Houston in the past.

When DBJ kicked the goal it was as loud as I've heard it at AO.

Without 6-6-6, no way do we kick the last goal. Everyone bar the 4 in the middle for the hawks, would have been in their defensive half.

And I don't feel sorry for Mitchell. The little shit was there in 2017 EF playing for the Eagles.

Haha the only reason it says we were in front for 58 seconds is because of the 45 second commercial break and then the umpire walking in to bounce the ball after he got the ok that the commercial break was over.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back