VFL Game Day Round 10: Loss to Box Hille*

Remove this Banner Ad

Cat A rookie I see, dunno much about him, usually plays forward?
Nah, not a rookie at all. Plays everywhere really, mostly on a wing this year.

Look at the names rather than the number.

Gleeson
Phillips
Durham
Reid
Brand
Hird
McBride
Bryan
Johnson
Eyre

Only two senior players on that list. We know that most of these blokes are still going to be working on match fitness, the fact they haven't played in about a month hasn't helped.
Yeah I guess it makes sense that most of our senior listed players are at either end of the ground. Looking very slow through the middle of the ground which is mostly VFL listed guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad loss but a few positives

Phillips' second half was great, probably best on
Gleeson also lifted in the second half and played really well
Durham was our best to half time but ran out of puff
McBride showing signs as a key forward. Hope we persist with him forward for now

Of the VFL listers, the usual suspects of Smithson, O'Kearney and Conforti were very good. Kobe Brown showed a bit I thought, and Daniel Thompson was pretty good in defence.

Conforti looking more and more draftable, he’s like a mini Zac Bailey
If we don't trade for a small forward I'd have very little hesitation in taking him in the rookie draft. Small, quick, good skills and applies pressure. Exactly what we need more of forward of centre.

Bad loss but a few positives

Phillips' second half was great, probably best on
Gleeson also lifted in the second half and played really well
Durham was our best to half time but ran out of puff
McBride showing signs as a key forward. Hope we persist with him forward for now

Of the VFL listers, the usual suspects of Smithson, O'Kearney and Conforti were very good. Kobe Brown showed a bit I thought, and Daniel Thompson was pretty good in defence.
missed the game (greyhound meet up took priority :p )

How did Reid go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back