Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North 16th Sydney 14th

Weather: Donza ?

Team Changes:
North:
Outs:
Aidan Corr (Suspension), Cameron Zurhaar (Injured),Curtis Taylor (Omitted), Darcy Tucker (Injured), Flynn Perez (Injured), Jack Mahony (Injured), Luke Davies-Uniacke (Injured)
In: Aaron Hall, Callum Coleman-Jones, Eddie Ford, George Wardlaw (debut),Tom Powell, Will Phillips
Emergency: Curtis Taylor, Ben Cunnington, Daniel Howe, Kallan Dawson

Sydney:
Outs:
Callum Mills (Injured), Logan McDonald (Injured), Marc Sheather (Injured), Tom Hickey (Injured)
In: Dylan Stephens, Lachlan McAndrew (debut), Peter Ladhams
Emergency: William Edwards, Angus Sheldrick, Corey Warner, Sam Wicks
(I'm hoping it is Gus, Sam has had a long break with shoulder injury, last week first game in VFL))​

Umpires
Leigh Fisher (3), Nicholas Brown (13), Eleni Tee (34), Jordan Fry (39)

AFL Match Centre

Broadcast Details:
Foxtel
Channel 504 from 1pm, with Mark Howard, Garry Lyon, Leigh Montagna, Nick Dal Santo, Kath Loughnan and David Zita.​
Kangaroos’ burning question: How do they respond to a week of significant turmoil?
Swans’ burning question: Do they need an easy kill to get their season back on track?
Channel 7 from 1:30 pm​
Team Stats:
footywire
2023 round 10 team stats.jpf.jpg

Last games North v. Sydney @ Marvel
from footywire
DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 21, 7 Aug 2022Marvel StadiumNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney88-126J. Simpkin 31
J. Stephenson 31
N. Larkey 7
Round 22, 14 Aug 2021Marvel StadiumNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney77-91A. Hall 30C. Zurhaar 3
W. Hayward 3
Round 3, 20 Jun 2020Marvel StadiumNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney60-71J. Simpkin 26B. Brown 3
Round 17, 15 Jul 2018Marvel StadiumNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney98-104S. Higgins 33J. Ziebell 5
B. Ronke 5
Round 8, 14 May 2017Marvel StadiumNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney78-120J. Kennedy 37S. Reid 3

From AFL Photos Round 21, 7 Aug 2022
2022 round 21 North.jpg
Today: No Hickey, Mills, Ronke (delisted), Reid

Sydney Swans By the numbers: Sydney v North Melbourne by Peter Blucher
Ground by ground​
Brownlow Medal​
Major possession-winners​
Major goal-kickers​
Highest scores, biggest wins​
The Ratten factor​

The Bloods by 29 points

#AFLNorthSwans #ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods

If anyone tries the “we’re a young side” excuse should we spud this game up:

a. We’re an older side than the Roos.

b. They have 10 players <50 games. We have 6.

Despite the injuries, a loss here would be inexcusable.

We were older against GWS and Fremantle and more games played on Average vs Port.

I wish I had donza's positivity, but I can honestly see us losing this one. We have a few promising players, but we're so insubstantial. Even if we win, even if we somehow make the 8, there's nothing there. Warner and Gulden aren't gonna win you the title. We're lamenting the absence of Reid, Rampe, Paddy, good Buddy, good Hickey, but they'll never be back (Rampe will but for how long?). What are we going to replace them with? Our list seems really barren all of a sudden, especially if you don't think Mcdonald is up to much like I don't. It might be a start of a period in the wilderness, which sounds really disappointing. Last year impressed me and I want more of that, but I don't see where it's coming from.

Last edited:
No matter the injury list, lose this and it's time to light a match under any unsigned player and exit a few that are signed up

There's a valid excuse for everything in life. Losing to this rabble is an exception to that rule

So, "effort"? We really should be beyond effort as our baseline. Effort should be a given. I cringe whenever Horse talks about "good intent" as a kind of excuse. When did we become North Melbourne anyway?
I think that everything rolls on the back of effort. You can be the most talented bloke in the competition but if you're half-arsing it then you won't play very well.

There's been too much of that this year. They probably don't even realise it. I'm sure our boys think they've been giving their all, but they haven't. Not even close.

I will post this video that I made last year (134 views!! woohoooo) If anyone can find me evidence of where we have played with this level of intensity this year even for a five or ten minute period, I'll knight them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two weeks ago I was convinced that things would click into gear. Now I am 50-50 that we can beat Norf. What a horrible season.

They need a confidence boost but don't think they will get it regardless of the result. I won't even bother with the Sportsbet account on this one.

Swans by 7.

So, "effort"? We really should be beyond effort as our baseline. Effort should be a given. I cringe whenever Horse talks about "good intent" as a kind of excuse. When did we become North Melbourne anyway?

This season I felt the Geelong game was a lowpoint where we seemed completely uncompetitive. From then on, I felt we had to focus on getting the basics right. Win the ball at the contest, be willing to run, tackle, pressure and cover for each other.

Will get up by 27

Warner and paply in the best

Francis best big man
I was going to say this is a very bold call, but remembered he's pretty much our only big man outside a first gamer, a geriatric and someone who needs a full time carer

Even the thought of losing to these perennial whingers makes me ilL.

They slinked into the comp around a century ago and have stunk up the joint ever since. Beyond Boomer, Noel Teasdale, Keith Greig, Les Foote and a handful of others they have produced few admirable figures. Horse and Shwatter aside.

I do not care we are missing a few players. There is no excuse. I am revising my winning margin to 65+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back