Game Day 2023 Round 22 Swans v Suns Saturday @ 1:45pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nup ladhams is shocking keep him the * away

Thought he played more good than bad games this year.

Mclean could just start ruck I guess.

I don't think Hickey is as bad as some say, but he can't leap anymore at all

Warner will be in the bests in reports and had great goals

but he has been s**t i reckon

well maybe not s**t, but overall average

his key role is to break games open ... he did that a bit today, and finished off a couple
yes, he can do more, particularly defending, but we've won five in a row and he's definitely been better than his first half of the season
same with hayward and heeney, probably include cunningham too
that combination of improvement across those key players has been very significant

Stephens poor moments are bad reading of the play and soft attack at the opposition

but then he will go into a contest to get it well and runs his guts out

I can see both sides of the argument with him. For instance his fresh air that cost a goal was a shocker , but he had a missed free just before it in the middle then worked to the last line to be there

Adelaide, gws, dogs, stkilda and blues need to lose this weekend. Legitimate chance of them all losing too. Nice to have some skin in what would otherwise be dead rubbers

his key role is to break games open ... he did that a bit today, and finished off a couple
yes, he can do more, particularly defending, but we've won five in a row and he's definitely been better than his first half of the season
same with hayward and heeney, probably include cunningham too
that combination of improvement across those key players has been very significant

My problem with Warner is the disinterest when he doesn't haven't the ball, he wants to do the champion glory part and does at times, it looks great. But his many many turnovers come from biting off more than he can chew and being selfish imo

Stephens poor moments are bad reading of the play and soft attack at the opposition

I can see both sides of the argument with him. For instance his fresh air that cost a goal was a shocker , but he had a missed free just before it in the middle then worked to the last line to be there
We can either over analyse and argue over Stephens, or we could just wait for Jmac to come back in and demonstrate what a real top notch winger looks like.

Not s**t, just not as good as his stats appear.
Problem is he thinks he is still playing under 11’s. Does some really selfish things especially his ground positioning when calling for the ball. Defensive work off the ball not great and defensive running poor. Bonus is he is still young has all the tools to be a gun but if he doesn’t change his attitude all he may win are individual awards.

There's definitely something to work with there. He's too good for reserves. Will either be a frustrating journeyman or a good player. Not sure which yet or which team will be willing to find out

We're in the 8. Destiny well and truly in our own hands now.

yes, and five in a row under pretty much sudden death pressure ... and with personnel hiccups and issues almost weekly
it has not been pretty, or even convincing, but it's hard to criticise the lift in intensity from earlier in the season
this was a pretty good win

There's definitely something to work with there. He's too good for reserves. Will either be a frustrating journeyman or a good player. Not sure which yet or which team will be willing to find out
He'll end up at Carlton. Always seen him as a typical Carlton type player, follower not a leader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the swans rang me and said you choose we keep stephens yes or no

I'd keep him (no consideration for cost there) the good still outweighs the bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back