Preview The official book version of the Swans vs Pies Round 1 (really round 2) Saturday 16th March 8:40am MCG Preview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh on Warner !
His final quarter was A+, but there were at least 3 times in the first half where he had the opportunity to chase and tackle Dees players around their F50, didn't bother. He just jogged around, looked disinterested in doing the hard, less glamorous stuff.

His final quarter was A+, but there were at least 3 times in the first half where he had the opportunity to chase and tackle Dees players around their F50, didn't bother. He just jogged around, looked disinterested in doing the hard, less glamorous stuff.
Wow we this will come back to bite you on the ####

I just think you're being too harsh , he always puts in
I'm not being harsh at all. He failed to do the team thing several times in the first half, regardless of what you think always happens.

Hopefully we see a more consistent effort, that's all.

Based on the stats the Pies looked good last weekend. Things that had worked for them in the last two years didn’t influence the results. Forward 50 pressure, inside 50 count and scores from turnovers were all up against the Giants. They probably just lacked the clinical finishing that has helped them over the last few years. No doubt they will come out stronger this week.

However, although the Swans won last week it wasn’t a great performance with our tall forwards a bit hit and miss. Last year’s corresponding game, Swans led at half time but a non-existent second half hurt us. Improve in those areas and we are a chance.

Swans by 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard he was subbed off with an injury, an inside mid in Macrae is coming in, thought maybe it was a possibility
Could be . Do you think we will go in unchanged ? personally i'd have Amartey out and in Reid and Horse said when he's fit he's in , if not maybe Warner jnr

Could be . Do you think we will go in unchanged ? personally i'd have Amartey out and in Reid and Horse said when he's fit he's in , if not maybe Warner jnr
As you know I'm a fan of our three young talls, but Amartey hasn't done himself any favours with his three outings so far (vs Melbourne and also the two pre-season matches.)

I want Wicks in the 22.

Not tag , but Fox to run with him, Fox is quick
He may have the speed and endurance to run with him but Daicos will run to spots driven by pure footy IQ. Fox does not have that in his repertoire. He is an extremely hard match up. Nothing stupid or undisciplined but the physical approach is the best bet with him.

He may have the speed and endurance to run with him but Daicos will run to spots driven by pure footy IQ. Fox does not have that in his repertoire. He is an extremely hard match up. Nothing stupid or undisciplined but the physical approach is the best bet with him.
Agreed. Give him the Gawn treatment from last round. Team effort to work him over all around the ground.

I think it will be important for us to keep our forward structure this week. Collingwood's defence pushes really high up and set up so well between the arcs, it's a big part of their intercept --> rebound --> repeat forward entries. But it can make them prone to getting exposed if the ball gets out the back. GWS numerous times were able to get a loose forward or two inside 50 because the Pies' defenders had pushed up too high and GWS' forwards held their position and their mids got it in there quickly.

Obviously Howe will help their defence but this was also how the Pies back six operated last year and though successful it still did get exposed the same way, like in the GF a couple of times. So it's a definite weak spot for them if we can successfully exploit it.

I think it will be important for us to keep our forward structure this week. Collingwood's defence pushes really high up and set up so well between the arcs, it's a big part of their intercept --> rebound --> repeat forward entries. But it can make them prone to getting exposed if the ball gets out the back. GWS numerous times were able to get a loose forward or two inside 50 because the Pies' defenders had pushed up too high and GWS' forwards held their position and their mids got it in there quickly.

Obviously Howe will help their defence but this was also how the Pies back six operated last year and though successful it still did get exposed the same way, like in the GF a couple of times. So it's a definite weak spot for them if we can successfully exploit it.
It might seem strange but all three of the talls are quite good at sneaking out the back as well as Hayward and Papley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back