Unofficial Preview Collingwood vs Swans Friday March 15th 7:40PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood's midfield looked a mess against the Giants. I'm keen to see our young mids go up against theirs. Collingwood generally don't pay enormous attention to opposition guns, so it could be an opportunity for Gulden to really launch into his season. #FreeRowbottom to hopefully continue for another week. Warner to hopefully pick up where he left off in the last quarter.

But I'm most curious to see how Grundy & Heeney go, and not just because they were our two best against Melbourne.

Heeney's got to back his performance from the other night up. Historically he's gone very well in the first game of the season, polling an average of 3.4 POTY votes in round 1 matches and receiving votes every year between 2018 and 2022. He'll likely poll again from his performance on Thursday night. So he's had this knack of getting our hopes up that he's going to have a super season and then not quite getting there.

And I'm looking forward to watching how Grundy goes at the MCG. Have heard a lot of commentators talk about how he'll thrive on the SCG because of it's smaller size (take a shot!), but I reckon he'll like the space to work with at the G. He looked like he really wanted to run and take the game on and was pretty dangerous on the spread from the contest against Melbourne.

Collingwood apparently ran 14km less than GWS during yesterdays game. If that is true I think we need to follow a similar path and try and run them off their feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back