Preview The official book version of the Swans vs Pies Round 1 (really round 2) Saturday 16th March 8:40am MCG Preview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ok with either:

Out: Amartey
In: Wicks
Sub: Amar...just kidding. IDK, Corey, Mitchell?

Out: Jordon
In: Wicks
Sub: Jordon

It would also not shock me if we dropped Amartey, but put Reid in as sub. Disclaimer: I would never do this.

I really want to keep Amartey in the team as the conditions should suit him more at the MCG and also Collingwood are a bit short in defence so I would like to be able to exploit that by having McDonald, McLean and Amartey there.

Does anyone have stats on how much time Lloyd played on the wing compared to defence? I found it strange that we selected 8 players who would normally play defence (McCartin, Melican, Blakey, Rampe, Florent, Cunningham, Roberts, Lloyd) for the game against Melbourne.

Does anyone have stats on how much time Lloyd played on the wing compared to defence? I found it strange that we selected 8 players who would normally play defence (McCartin, Melican, Blakey, Rampe, Florent, Cunningham, Roberts, Lloyd) for the game against Melbourne.
Only possession map from AFL app. It says he had 13 touches, but has 14 dots. 8 in D50, half back or back side of square. 2 true wing. 4 at HF/in F50.

A bit worried about this game. imo collingwood were a bit flat last week, possibly thinking ahead to their flag unveiling night. On the other hand we had a massive build up to hosting opening round & 150th celebrations.

I wouldn't be surprised if they come out all guns blazing while we're comparatively slower. Imo we need to withstand the 1st quarter energy from the pies. Grundy will be immense in order to get 1st touch. Watch out for Mason Cox to have the game of his life.

I would play Amartey because he can shift momentum quickly, kick 2-3 goals in a quarter. Sub him out at 3/4 time like last week. Nervous about this match.
Hang on is this the real Nuggetz or a Pies fan who’s hacked his account ? I swear I read an almost verbatim comment on the Pies board about our 150th and their flag unfurling as to why they’ll be up and we’ll be flat.

Mods - you need to investigate !

Not to mention Campbell. It was almost like running a rotating backline.

Here's his heat map;
match-124250001-295342.png
DEF 50 <---> FWD 50

Certainly watching on TV his starting point was seemingly always on the wing, but he clearly covered a bit of ground.
FWIW I quite like him on the wing, with licence to roam.

Here's his heat map;
View attachment 1927633
DEF 50 <---> FWD 50

Certainly watching on TV his starting point was seemingly always on the wing, but he clearly covered a bit of ground.
FWIW I quite like him on the wing, with licence to roam.
Maybe it's just me but Lloyd running and carrying is as enjoyable for me as watching Isaac Heeney pick up a groundball, or Nick Blakey arching his back and taking off, or Errol Gulden kicking a goal on the run. It just looks really easy and natural.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EMG: Caleb Mitchell, Peter Ladhams, Corey Warner

Maynard to Logan to bash him.
Moore to McLean or Amartey to try to run off him. Ditto Howe.
Fox to Quaynor.
Papley and Hayward don't look to have strong matchups.
As long as we can keep the crowd out of our heads I reckon we've got this.

Looking at the Pies midfield options, and the absence of Mitchell, seems clear to me they're going to try and use speed and agility in the guts rather than contested hardness. If Heeney plays mids again there is a genuine chance we go into this with more hardness at the contest than the Pies. Hope we capitalise if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back