Unofficial Preview Collingwood vs Swans Friday March 15th 7:40PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on record as wanting to see him doing more run pasts like Gulden. First receiver. Gives the inside guys more options.
Agreed. Despite getting bigger numbers now I still don't think Warner's ever been more impactful than he was in those first few weeks of 2021 when he first broke into the senior side, splitting his time between the wing and the inside. I like his work better in general play than in tight in stoppages.

Agreed. Despite getting bigger numbers now I still don't think Warner's ever been more impactful than he was in those first few weeks of 2021 when he first broke into the senior side, splitting his time between the wing and the inside. I like his work better in general play than in tight in stoppages.

At the moment though we unfortunately need him on the inside.

Heeney, Rowbottom and Warner need to do a lot of heavy lifting clearance wise until we get Adams and Parker back in 3 or so weeks time, and then Mills two or so months after that.

Nope, he is able to do both role roles and have a decent impact. Think you have underrated just how good he was in 2022.

Shower or two predicted for Friday night.

Tempted to drop Amartey, start Wicks and have Sheldrick as sub especially as Pies are a strong rebounding and contested side. Having said that, their defence struggled with the taller GWS forward line so can see the argument for an unchanged 23. Perhaps pull the trigger earlier on Wicks if talls are looking average.

Shower or two predicted for Friday night.

Tempted to drop Amartey, start Wicks and have Sheldrick as sub especially as Pies are a strong rebounding and contested side. Having said that, their defence struggled with the taller GWS forward line so can see the argument for an unchanged 23. Perhaps pull the trigger earlier on Wicks if talls are looking average.

Will be greasy, slippery and abject filth like McGuire.
Rise up rise up …. Time we slaughtered the Filth.

Thanks. The flu can take a while to get over too, especially if you lose a few kg's because of it.

i'm sure the story i saw said gulden not only had some flu or virus or whatever, but that it lingered a bit because he was still pushing himself in preseason training and he had to stop ... maybe around that time he missed one of those preseason scratch games (v giants?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also does anyone know why Gulden had a quiet game on Thursday? Was he used in a different way than he usually was in 2023?

I hope whatever it is Longmire helps him sort it out as we know he can play a lot better than he did against Melbourne.
I've noticed that his decision making, in particular whether to go short or long has been off over the three games he's played so far in 2023. Not terrible, just not elite like 2023 where pretty much everything he did turned to gold.

The best thing about last night - how overconfident Eddie’s boys were. They spent the summer drinking their own bath water and it showed.

Their supporters are also bath water drunks and Friday night will be the perfect time to expose that.

Really want to see Gus have a crack this week so Gus in, Roberts out for mine. If the talls are struggling, we need paps and heeney more up forward and less in the guts.

I’m concerned that Roberts won’t be able to handle the speed of the Collingwood players and make his tackles stick. Think the Melb game conditions suited him but not the Pies at the G.

Horses for Courses.

Really want to see Gus have a crack this week so Gus in, Roberts out for mine. If the talls are struggling, we need paps and heeney more up forward and less in the guts.

I’m concerned that Roberts won’t be able to handle the speed of the Collingwood players and make his tackles stick. Think the Melb game conditions suited him but not the Pies at the G.a

Horses for Courses.
What's your reason for leaving Roberts out? He played well and considering the way the Magpies forward press, the synergy in our backline is going to be key in getting the ball back out of our back 50.

The best thing about last night - how overconfident Eddie’s boys were. They spent the summer drinking their own bath water and it showed.

Their supporters are also bath water drunks and Friday night will be the perfect time to expose that.
Pies are not as strong as one might think. There are question marks all over the list. Pendlebury / Sidebottom / Mitchell / Howe all old. Played well last year but as we all know, at their respective ages, can fall off a cliff pretty rapidly. With questions over Murphy (imo should retire) and Howe's injury history and age, their tall defender stocks look thin. Also thin on the tall forwards. JDG had a great season in 2023 but just as likely to go missing. Not convinced about their rucks.

There biggest asset is McCrae - I think he's the best coach in the league. And strangely, is a good bloke considering the club he is at. He got the best out of an average list. Can he do it again?

What's your reason for leaving Roberts out? He played well and considering the way the Magpies forward press, the synergy in our backline is going to be key in getting the ball back out of our back 50.
Yes he played well - probably his best game for us thus far.

It’s more about giving relief to Heeney and Paps in the midfield rotation as I think we’ll need them up forward if Moore and co hold our talls. Pies defence was poor last night, don’t think that will happen next week so we need to find a way to kick a winning score.

Watching the pies last night, if you can clear their midfield they were poorly set up in defence in transition.

Admit I was a touch concerned on Thurs night when a Melb player streamed past Roberts and he couldn’t keep up. The Pies like to surge and they are a very fast team, this is a huge ask of any player let alone a newcomer. Fox could probably slot into that role if needed.

Roberts going well but for me, would omit this week. If it’s raining and slippery then amartey out, Gus in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back