Preview 2024 Round 01 Thursday March 7 v Melbourne 7:20 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are there other members only able to see last year’s tickets in the swans app and nothing for tomorrow’s game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this team a winning formula for tomorrow night's game?

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's hard to say. It makes sense in theory to play a flexible team. But imo we're a bit disjointed when we revert to that. Add that to a experimental forward line - we have to execute everything to perfection or Dee's will break our backs after half time.

David King brought up on AFL360 a few minutes ago that Swans were leading at 3 quarter time in 17 games, and we only converted that to 11 wins.

I forgot until this moment how crap our last quarters were last year until this moment.
Definitely some shocking fade-outs; hated that loss to GWS. And a few games in there where we kicked ourselves out of it (Collingwood, Geelong draw as well as Melbourne and Carlton late), too many injuries. A season to forget!

I hope Roberts gets to really start showing something this year. A bit vanilla IMO but I hope the added versatility by being in the backline in pre season can unlock more of his potential
Agree. Clearly the coaches love his application but at the moment it hasn't reverted to any impact. He's just there and does the basic things to an acceptable standard. But he needs an end product. Every other player in the team has a clear strength, style and purpose.

The game has moved past vanilla players. They're the types who are crammed into the last 3 in middle of the pack squads because they're alright and don't have anyone better.

I'll be watching him very closely tomorrow to hopefully see what I haven't yet noticed.

Agree. Clearly the coaches love his application but at the moment it hasn't reverted to any impact. He's just there and does the basic things to an acceptable standard. But he needs an end product. Every other player in the team has a clear strength, style and purpose.

The game has moved past vanilla players. They're the types who are crammed into the last 3 in middle of the pack squads because they're alright and don't have anyone better.

I'll be watching him very closely tomorrow to hopefully see what I haven't yet noticed.
??? He's played 4 full games in his career ???

I also don't agree at all that the game has moved past vanilla players. Vanilla is good. It means reliable, it means doing the basics. I would argue it's something we need more of in our team. Have said this many times before but we spend so much time hyping up flashy moments and players but the times when those flashy, perfect moments of really attractive footy happen account for about 1% of a footy game. The other 99% is the meat of the game and what a win is built on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back