Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swans 15th v Bulldogs 7th

Team Changes:
Sydney
In:
Corey Warner,Joel Amartey,Sam Wicks
Out: Aaron Francis (Sub), Angus Sheldrick (Injured), Jake Lloyd (Injured), Tom Hickey (Omitted)
Subs: Aaron Francis, Tom Hickey, Dylan Stephens, Ryan Clarke

Bulldogs
In:
Sam Darcy
Out: Bailey Smith (Illness),Rory Lobb (Omitted)
Subs: Riley Garcia, Buku Khamis, Robbie McComb, Jordon Sweet
[I confess I've not heard of any of the Bulldog subs]​

Umpires:
Justin Power (4), Hayden Gavine (14), Jamie Broadbent (20), Simon Meredith (21)​
Team Stats:
footywire
2023 round 18.jpg
Recent Matches Swans v Bulldogs @ SCG
Swans have won only 1 game out of our last 5 at SCG :(
DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 17, 8 Jul 2022SCGSydney defeats Western Bulldogs120-67A. Treloar 32I. Heeney 4
Round 4, 25 Jun 2020SCGSydney defeated by Western Bulldogs39-67L. Parker 25T. Papley 4
Round 12, 8 Jun 2017SCGSydney defeats Western Bulldogs88-42J. Kennedy 37L. Franklin 3
Grand Final, 1 Oct 2016MCGSydney defeated by Western Bulldogs67-89J. Kennedy 34-
Round 15, 2 Jul 2016SCGSydney defeated by Western Bulldogs79-83J. Kennedy 34
L. Parker 34
L. Franklin 5

Yes, Longmire is celebrating his 30th game, but boys, this is the same as Heritage game day last week.

Whatever our Jumper
jumper 1909_.jpg

skilton-jpg
2018 Marn-Grook.jpg
jumper2023.jpg
jumper 2023 heritage.jpg

Besides, we do not seem to be very successful in milestone games.
#AFLSwansBulldogs #ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods

Bloods to win by 19 points

We'll lift for horse 300th. First 4 quarter performance of the year. Papley, buddy & heeney to combine for 10+ goals. Parker & mills dominate the mids.

English is in the Luke Darcy school of ruckmen - lots of talent but close to averseto physical contact. (Wallace was scathing about Darcy’s lack of heart)

English is not a great tap ruck but is effective around the ground and is skilled below his knees. He would have flogged the crippled RJ. I reckon the Match Committee has made a good call. While undersized HMac has the physicality and mobility to give English a hard time, hold him to account, run with him and limit his influence. Kudos to them.

It is ridiculous but our Mids will miss Gus who was proving a point of difference. (am very sad for Gus, who will probably miss the rest of the season). A healthy Gus would have been vital in combatting the Footscray Mids.

Wicks and Co Warner merit recalls. Who knows how they will go.

I am mystified why we are favourites. I am tipping us to get the win more in hope than any confidence.

English is in the Luke Darcy school of ruckmen - lots of talent but close to averseto physical contact. (Wallace was scathing about Darcy’s lack of heart)

English is not a great tap ruck but is effective around the ground and is skilled below his knees. He would have flogged the crippled RJ. I reckon the Match Committee has made a good call. While undersized HMac has the physicality and mobility to give English a hard time, hold him to account, run with him and limit his influence. Kudos to them.

It is ridiculous but our Mids will miss Gus who was proving a point of difference. (am very sad for Gus, who will probably miss the rest of the season). A healthy Gus would have been vital in combatting the Footscray Mids.

Wicks and Co Warner merit recalls. Who knows how they will go.

I am mystified why we are favourites. I am tipping us to get the win more in hope than any confidence.
English will run McLean/Amartey ragged, wouldn't suprise me if he gets BOG.

English will run McLean/Amartey ragged, wouldn't suprise me if he gets BOG.

Would have been hot fave for bog with a busted up RJ. The MC is relying on HMac having the tank, if not the speed, to run with English and to apply physical pressure which English does not like. English may still play but will lack the level of influence he would otherwise enjoy. I’d expect Amartey to only have very brief periods in the ruck and then only whenEnglish is on the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How we cope without Lloyd will be critical.

The descent into headless chookism after he was “Nanked” last week was obvious.

Lloyd is a huge out & Sir Dane is going to have a massive task organising the chooks.

Having said that - the Bravedogs don’t have Stevic or Gianfagna to drag them over the line.

We’re a solid chance.

Lloyd is a huge out & Sir Dane is going to have a massive task organising the chooks.

Having said that - the Bravedogs don’t have Stevic or Gianfagna to drag them over the line.

We’re a solid chance.
Yeah, it was nice looking at the Dogs lineup and not seeing any dangerous names amongst the 4 of them.

Zero expectations for this game now, so should probably quite enjoy it.
Agree, no expectations at all, only unfortunate part is that has also flowed through to no excitement at all.

Hope that means a solid effort tonight.

English has been a thorn in our side for a fair few games, hopefully the changes with ruck show some learnings from coaching staff. You would think with arguably the best ruckman to play the game in our coaching staff we would have a few more strings to our ruck strategy, bow!!

I actually don't mind how our team looks coming into this week.

Obviously prefer to have Chad or Gus over Corey Warner, but at the end of the day we don't and can't do anything about it.

Think match ups wise: McCartin on Naughton, Melican on Darcy, Rampe on Ugle Hagan, Cunningham on Weightman.

I think our Forward line is stronger than their backline (on paper), so if we can level the game in the midfield, we should be able to kick a winning score.

We’re a solid chance.
I imagine that Fox will replace Lloyd down back, with Heeney going into the mids to replace Gus. That leaves Wicks to take Heeney's spot up forward. Dos into the ruck with chop out by Amartey when up forward, leaving Bud and Logan (and occasional Amartey) to be our forward presence. Cunningham to go to Weightman and our mids to go head to head with theirs.

I also imagine a world with no war and food for all.

I imagine that Fox will replace Lloyd down back, with Heeney going into the mids to replace Gus. That leaves Wicks to take Heeney's spot up forward. Dos into the ruck with chop out by Amartey when up forward, leaving Bud and Logan (and occasional Amartey) to be our forward presence. Cunningham to go to Weightman and our mids to go head to head with theirs.

I also imagine a world with no war and food for all.
Drive-thrus for all.

The Sam Reid Utopia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back