Game Day 2023 Round 16 Swans v Cats Friday 30 June @ 7:50 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skills were spot on first half. Soon as the goal kicking inaccuracy and missed opportunities started to eat into confidence our decision making and lack of purpose crept in. We were hoping to hit targets second half rather than knowing we would with our foot skills. Lack of purpose can kill you.

exactly! but for a lot of the past two months, when that's happened we've been smashed
not tonight
we took plenty of hits but kept coming, and hitting back ... at least we saw that fight tonight

I found myself nodding along - until the “Armatey and McLean chipped in with some useful acts” part.

Personally, I thought they were both poor.

My view:

Our mids dominated the bulk of the game.
Our forward line failed to take advantage.
I'm thinking it was more Heeney, Papley and Haywood failed to take advantage. They are the guys who should be icing the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He may have but the forwards lost us that. Yes Gulden and others missed goals too, made mistakes, but we also out played the cats because of the likes of Gulden.
Of course. Gulden was excellent overall, but was guilty of some inexplicably dumb kicks in the last that led to Geelong goals.

Heeney was the most wasteful tonight and Hickey had two very gettable goals missed, lots went wrong goal kicking but we should have won the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back