Preview Round 16 - Friday night lights Swans v Cats, Season defining game SCG, 7:50pm 30th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm.
No.
Richards. Rounds and rounds of injections prior to play.
Bolton. Had torn a ligament. Played with it torn. Dosed up by Gibbs .
Mummy. Shoulder injury. Also had painkilling injections prior to play.

Plus Goodes obviously during the match.

But at least Bradman refused to tour India....

geez ... i was a big fan of white ... to a point
he had all the physical attributes and a lot of skill but seemed to have almost no football brain, or he just didn't "love the game" enough
there seems more hunger to amartey, looks like he wants to throw himself, make an impact
Jesse was a good forward - if the game was played only in straight lines he'd have been an all-time great. Agility was his weak point IMO.
It was a shame his film career didn't take off after that one appearance as the robot in Interstellar.

1688041186544.png

Buddy tackles and chases pretty well. He's a lot quicker than McLean and he's wily. I think he's a tougher player to rebound off than McLean
Choosing between those two for forward pressure in 2023 is like trying to chose the smartest cheerleader at a Canturbury Bulldogs game though.
I mean someone has to win, but....

You are generous on him only dropping 5 in his current form. My main issue is our mids seem to think he's the only forward.

If he plays, get him off a wing and nowhere near a forward line, it might work.
I wonder if the game can still have a player like vintage Richo on a wing. I'd like to see it actually, but I doubt it's going to happen. Buddy low kicking it 50 meters from the wing before defenses could flood back into a two-on-two in the forward line with say Heeney and Papley...

geez ... i was a big fan of white ... to a point
he had all the physical attributes and a lot of skill but seemed to have almost no football brain, or he just didn't "love the game" enough
there seems more hunger to amartey, looks like he wants to throw himself, make an impact
White's problem was that he tried to make every mark a speccy, and was more about putting on a show rather than playing football

I wonder if the game can still have a player like vintage Richo on a wing. I'd like to see it actually, but I doubt it's going to happen. Buddy low kicking it 50 meters from the wing before defenses could flood back into a two-on-two in the forward line with say Heeney and Papley...

Yep it’s what I’ve wanted most of the year his field kicking is still top quality.

Cats mids will be licking their lips at chad being out
They'll be disappointed. No easy to tag guy standing stationary just off the contest waiting for the ball to spill out. They'll have to battle Mills for the actual ball, or face an opponent who might actually run around the edge of the contest looking for a receive.

Hayward back. Needs to do something. Done sweet F.A this year. Clearly Horse and Will have beers in the off season.
Bet he tags Stewart or something like that. Just goes the punch to disrupt their intercept marking ability and see the ball locked in up that end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back