Game Day 2023 Round 16 Swans v Cats Friday 30 June @ 7:50 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it wasn't as though heeney wasn't trying ... you can see he was busting it ... but his finishing touches were awful, and unfortunately that's where he's judged ...
and in a game like tonight's ...
Agree with that. He's not lazy or lacking in talent either. Seems psychological. He spends half the game shaking his head at himself

No excuses for Fox. He's experienced enough to kick that. It was virtually unmissable. I would seriously drop him for that.
No way he should get dropped for that, was bad yes but then you are pretty much dropping all the forwards bar McDonald lol

but it wasn't as though heeney wasn't trying ... you can see he was busting it ... but his finishing touches were awful, and unfortunately that's where he's judged ...
and in a game like tonight's ...

fair point, its not an effort issue on the whole

But he has a level he is expected to be at and not getting there

Parker cant kick for s**t thats the problem

he hacks to the other teams advantage picks up 25 touches and people will chuck him a vote

Last 5 minutes , ill watch a replay but seems to me it was gulden and blakey, even sheldrick driving it forward, not Parker

blakey outstanding ... not everything works but he will never die wondering

Despite it being 99% our own fault you can't help but feel that lady luck shat on us too

Luck hasn't much to do with it when your main forward kicks more out on the fulls than goals/behinds and other miss easy shots. Pathetic

blakey outstanding ... not everything works but he will never die wondering

If you want it bashed forward with a game on the line its guys like gulden, blakey, sheldrick, even lloyd, jmac who generate the opportunity
rowbottom in and under

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with that. He's not lazy or lacking in talent either. Seems psychological. He spends half the game shaking his head at himself

yeah, he does ... the higher the expectation, the harder it is to watch that

I'm really bummed about not beating the cats. As the commentators noted, this game should've been on ice at half time.

But I guess on the positives, we had the moral victory against a good side, aided as usual by some shockingly one eyed umpires.

After an amazing first half, Logan was quieter but he has shown enough for me to say we need to lock him up beyond 2024. With regards to the rest of the team, it was pleasing to see Sheldrick, Campbell and Jmac step up tonight. Errol was in everything. Amartey and McLean chipped in with some useful acts. Melican and Francis steady down back. Blakey plays with such disregard for his safety - love his attack but I do worry for his safety....

All up, a really promising performance, more so with a view to 2024 and beyond. Just wish we could kick for goal.

Heeney can calmly slot it in from the same kind of set shot against the worst team I have ever seen with no pressure but yet absolutely shank it when the game is there to be won, 90% of the game is once again played above the shoulders.

Imagine seeing your leader just being able to just slot it straight through the middle... sets the tone.

No way he should get dropped for that, was bad yes but then you are pretty much dropping all the forwards bar McDonald lol
Everyone was bad but it came down to Fox to save us. He had it. The glory and the fame, it was on him to keep our season alive. To fail so miserably from 5 metres out running into an open goal is not excusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back