Game Day 2023 Round 24 Swans v Demons @ 3:30 @ SCG. Thanks Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe it is some footy thing I just dont get, but seems an easy way to at least try to fix our ability to run out games
Plus I reckon Francis should be playing. We looked too short in the backline last year with Tom, Paddy, and Rampe.

Now we're rolling with a smaller backline most weeks.

Didn't hurt us today because the Dees key forwards aren't particularly good.

we cant carry Amartey based on flashes against dud sides

he stopped dead in the last.
Franics competes all game, rather play him or even Melican and one less tall forward.

I know must prefer Amartey, but he was a liability most of the game and its not just this week, has 0 tank

If we can get Mills, Warner and Gulden firing consistently with Sheldrick, Rowbottom, Papley and Parker also in the rotations that looks a pretty strong midfield. Remains to be seen!

Plus I reckon Francis should be playing. We looked too short in the backline last year with Tom, Paddy, and Rampe.

Now we're rolling with a smaller backline most weeks.

Didn't hurt us today because the Dees key forwards aren't particularly good.

yeah agree

If we can get Mills, Warner and Gulden firing consistently with Sheldrick, Rowbottom, Papley and Parker also in the rotations that looks a pretty strong midfield. Remains to be seen!

Parker looks cooked

you are an idiot. I hope the best players play at their best each and every week.

wishing any player gets hurt is a dog act.
What are you, the thought police?
You do realise I'm not a witch and can't influence events, right? So it's not a "dog act", it's not an act at all.

I thought Stephens really looked like he belonged today, got involved with 2nd efforts and pushed back well into defense. That mark in the defensive 50 towards the end was pleasing too.

Yeah he looked like he did late last year, but pushed back more

that play he did end up turning over unfortunately, but side stepped two dees on the far wing was awesome, went back into danger a bit too

Papley a huge out with the way he's played the last 6 weeks or so, goals and clearance wise.
If we can't cover one guy then we have no place in finals. In fact we gave no place in the comp. It means our recruiters are incompetent. Clarke was shitful. Totally useless. Harry the same. We can't win the hard games because we are not fit enough. Simple. Once we have gone 3 quarters of hard footy we are gone. Dead.

We need to have a good look at the list now Bud's pay is no longer on our cap and get rid of all the 3rd graders like Clarke. Will Harry stand up in a pressure game? Nothing he did today tells me he will. Players like Campbell, Rampe & Chad need to know that against the best teams in high pressure games the don't argue don't work.

The umpires should have given 3 free kicks against Pickett in the last. He just jumped into our players. He was not even looking at the ball in the last one, his back was to the ball. Had no intention of going for the ball. Then he blatantly pushes in the back. Well the umpires helped get them over the line because they do not want us having a home final as Lions have one and it will take games away from Docklands.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd agree the previous few weeks yes, today he looked a lot better and more involved, game high clearances etc.

He really carried the midfield mid season for a while there so I'm not surprised he had a down patch

I presume he is still sore,

he had some good moments, so cooked is harsh, but he looks off in tight , and is slower to react at the moment,

His marking forward was great

If we can't cover one guy then we have no place in finals. In fact we gave no place in the comp. It means our recruiters are incompetent. Clarke was shitful. Totally useless. Harry the same. We can't win the hard games because we are not fit enough. Simple. Once we have gone 3 quarters of hard footy we are gone. Dead.

The thing with x factor/A grade players is they're extremely hard to cover, that's why they're A graders. If Petracca wasn't out there in the 4th quarter the game would have looked very different, for example.

I agree though that we do lack depth currently.

With the state of our backline not surprised they are going for McKay and hoping he is still not Norfed by the time he gets here. Basically indicating we can fix him and become a star KPD.

The Melican experiment has dragged on and with numerous injuries, it doesnt look like it will work out.

Competed well for 3 quarters but simply ran out of gas after playing must win footy for nearly 2 months.

Good hitout against a good side. I reckon the week off will do us the world of good and we'll towell up the Saints.

One of the very best inside mids at that. I was thinking during that final quarter we just don't have many game breakers in the side currently. Gulden is our X factor, Warner certainly last year. Papley at his best too. Apart from that... ??
We've kinda engineered things to be that way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back