Game Day 2023 Round 15 Swans v West Coast 4.35pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney 15th West Coast 18th

For those lucky enough to attend the game - arrive early to celebrate the Duanwu Festival
FzIIucZaYAAFN4q

Team Changes:
Sydney
In:
Callum Mills,Isaac Heeney,Logan McDonald
Out: Dylan Stephens (Sub), Jack Buller (Omitted), Robbie Fox (Omitted), Sam Wicks (Suspension)
Sub: Ryan Clarke, Robbie Fox, Lachlan McAndrew, Jack Buller
Let's hope the sub is Robbie​
Logan has his kicking boots on​
FzRHS7AaYAIVaA9
West Coast
In:
Elijah Hewett, Jack Williams (not to be confused with "Basher" who played 1939 - 1946) , Liam Duggan, Tom Barrass
Out: Campbell Chesser (Omitted), Greg Clark (Injured), Luke Foley (Injured), Xavier O'Neill (Omitted), Zane Trew (Sub)
Sub: Campbell Chesser Xavier O'Neill, Zane Trew, Harry Barnett

Umpires: Leigh Haussen (5), Robert O'Gorman (10), Cameron Dore (28), Brent Wallace (33)

Match Centre:

Team Stats:
footywire
2023 round 15 team stats.jpg

Compare the Pair
Recent Matches:

Sydney have won the last three games at the SCG since 2016
DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 5, 15 Apr 2022Optus StadiumWest Coast defeated by Sydney58-121C. Mills 28L. Ryan 3
I. Heeney 3
Round 16, 4 Jul 2021GMHBA StadiumSydney defeats West Coast118-26D. Sheed 37L. Franklin 3
I. Heeney 3
Round 5, 4 Jul 2020Heritage Bank StadiumWest Coast defeats Sydney77-43J. Lloyd 26O. Allen 3
Round 12, 9 Jun 2019SCGSydney defeats West Coast116-71J. Lloyd 42L. Franklin 5
T. Papley 5
Round 13, 15 Jun 2018SCGSydney defeats West Coast72-57O. Florent 29
E. Yeo 29
-
Round 1, 25 Mar 2018Optus StadiumWest Coast defeated by Sydney86-115L. Parker 32L. Franklin 8
Round 4, 13 Apr 2017Domain StadiumWest Coast defeats Sydney91-65J. Kennedy 33J. Cripps 3
Round 5, 23 Apr 2016SCGSydney defeats West Coast88-49A. Gaff 32-

#AFLSwansEagles #ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods

Lets hope we win by at least Bashers last jumper #32

Last edited:

Reckon we'll be well out of gas by the fourth quarter. Our two fittest runners not selected, and a couple back from injury and Sheldrick.
Hopefully we'll have beaten them up prior to that.
All eyes on Logan and Amartey, can they deliver on the promise?
Personally I'd rather we got a game into Arnold & Stretch. But if Logan and Amartey can kick 3-4 each this will be worthwhile.

Sydney 15th St Kilda 18th

For those lucky enough to attend the game - arrive early to celebrate the Duanwu Festival
FzIIucZaYAAFN4q

Team Changes:
Sydney
In:
Callum Mills,Isaac Heeney,Logan McDonald
Out: Dylan Stephens (Sub), Jack Buller (Omitted), Robbie Fox (Omitted), Sam Wicks (Suspension)
Sub: Ryan Clarke, Robbie Fox, Lachlan McAndrew, Jack Buller
Let's hope the sub is Robbie​
Logan has his kicking boots on​
FzRHS7AaYAIVaA9

In: Elijah Hewett, Jack Williams (not to be confused with "Basher" who played 1939 - 1946) , Liam Duggan, Tom Barrass
Out: Campbell Chesser (Omitted), Greg Clark (Injured), Luke Foley (Injured), Xavier O'Neill (Omitted), Zane Trew (Sub)
Sub: Campbell Chesser Xavier O'Neill, Zane Trew, Harry Barnett

Umpires: Leigh Haussen (5), Robert O'Gorman (10), Cameron Dore (28), Brent Wallace (33)

Match Centre:

Team Stats:
footywire
View attachment 1719848

Compare the Pair
Recent Matches:

Sydney have won the last three games at the SCG since 2016
DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 5, 15 Apr 2022Optus StadiumWest Coast defeated by Sydney58-121C. Mills 28L. Ryan 3
I. Heeney 3
Round 16, 4 Jul 2021GMHBA StadiumSydney defeats West Coast118-26D. Sheed 37L. Franklin 3
I. Heeney 3
Round 5, 4 Jul 2020Heritage Bank StadiumWest Coast defeats Sydney77-43J. Lloyd 26O. Allen 3
Round 12, 9 Jun 2019SCGSydney defeats West Coast116-71J. Lloyd 42L. Franklin 5
T. Papley 5
Round 13, 15 Jun 2018SCGSydney defeats West Coast72-57O. Florent 29
E. Yeo 29
-
Round 1, 25 Mar 2018Optus StadiumWest Coast defeated by Sydney86-115L. Parker 32L. Franklin 8
Round 4, 13 Apr 2017Domain StadiumWest Coast defeats Sydney91-65J. Kennedy 33J. Cripps 3
Round 5, 23 Apr 2016SCGSydney defeats West Coast88-49A. Gaff 32-

#AFLSwansEagles #ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods

Lets hope we win by at least Bashers last jumper #32
Might want to correct who our opposition is in the heading mate!

Kind of glad I don't get to watch this match today due to the time. It really is a nothing match for us, nothing good can come from it. If we won and it's only by a few goals, that's bad, if we smash them, that's par for the course, but if we lose, then all hell breaks loose!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice winters day in Sydney and I get to take my kids to the game. So the irrelevant time slot works for me.

Swans by 50.
Good to see someone positive about the day.

Really don't understand this 'oh well if we win by heaps, it doesn't matter, it's only West Coast'.

I like seeing the Swans win, I'd like to see the guys up and about, get a bit of confidence & cohesion.
As I've said previously would Ken Hinkley still have a job, would Port have gone on their run, if Florent's kick had carried a bit further?

Confidence is a crucial ingredient in any sport.
Collingwood, Port have it at present, we had it last year after the Essendon match.

Build into next season.
It has to start somewhere, today is as good a game as any to start.

Good to see someone positive about the day.

Really don't understand this 'oh well if we win by heaps, it doesn't matter, it's only West Coast'.

I like seeing the Swans win, I'd like to see the guys up and about, get a bit of confidence & cohesion.
As I've said previously would Ken Hinkley still have a job, would Port have gone on their run, if Florent's kick had carried a bit further?

Confidence is a crucial ingredient in any sport.
Collingwood, Port have it at present, we had it last year after the Essendon match.

Build into next season.
It has to start somewhere, today is as good a game as any to start.
Win well today and win vs Geelong.
and we could be in the 8

All is not lost!

Clarke would make more sense

so Fox it is

Clarke had a shocker in the 2s, so will be the Sub. This is inevitable if you follow the Horse form line.

I predict we will win by 4 points with Darling missing a sitter after the Final siren.

Can totally get why as supporters some of us aren’t all that pumped for this one, I just really hope that same attitude isn’t what the players are feeling. No disrespect to West Coast but this needs to be an energetic, positive 50+ point win, not a disinterested 20-30 point one (or worse still a loss).

Anyway I’m strangely looking forward to it. Still love my footy even in a down year and it is a perfect Sydney winter’s day for it. There’s actually lots to like.

Airport train not running?

Odd.
Yeah there’s trackwork. At least they waited until after Vivid I guess… doing it in the middle of that would have been a very Sydney thing to do 😂

Should we lose, you guys will need to reach for the top shelf tonight!
I'll have broken the top shelf off to use as a weapon or to start a fire, as the Swans board descends into rage filled anarchy. Together we'll march on the Royal Hall of Industries, demanding the installation of our wise teacher and rightful leader, Robert the Fox.

Swans by 53.

Can totally get why as supporters some of us aren’t all that pumped for this one, I just really hope that same attitude isn’t what the players are feeling. No disrespect to West Coast but this needs to be an energetic, positive 50+ point win, not a disinterested 20-30 point one (or worse still a loss).

Anyway I’m strangely looking forward to it. Still love my footy even in a down year and it is a perfect Sydney winter’s day for it. There’s actually lots to like.
I haven't been to the footy in ages due to catching every cold known in the space of a month. Sooo looking forward to seeing a game live again. Nothing like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back