Preview Round 15, Swans vs West Coast @ SCG, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If aliens come and give buddy an anti aging shot and he regakns the form and fitness of a 28 year old, but has still the experience (and psychological tiredness) of him now at 36, does he get to 2k goals?

A few things

1- you assume our talls will all play well

2- you also act like Buddys been worse than everyone else , I dispute that

3 - we probably get another injury this week

also Sydney care too much about milking Buddys marketing appeal

If aliens come and give buddy an anti aging shot and he regakns the form and fitness of a 28 year old, but has still the experience (and psychological tiredness) of him now at 36, does he get to 2k goals?
Pretty sure there'd be a probe and the AFL would give us a trade ban.

Hope we can get played into form and get some much needed revenge next Friday night
Oh Troy.......
Laughter Oh Stop GIF by The Vibe is Right

I think they don't rate their mediums/smalls without Ryan. Melican and Francis competing for a spot next week.

One of their KPFs is in the running for the Coleman, the other is Jack Darling who is a career under achiever but can have a day out. Aside from Ryan and McGovern, most of their best players are in the team. I am not counting Naitanui who was re-signed for PR purposes and is now the size of a small wheat silo.

I doubt the Worst Chooks have given up on the idea of winning and will fancy their chances against a poor Bloods outfit.

I hope our team does not display the faintest hint of complacency. If Mills and McDonald show signs of being underdone, then the first sign of complacency was shown at the selection table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of their KPFs is in the running for the Coleman, the other is Jack Darling who is a career under achiever but can have a day out. Aside from Ryan and McGovern, most of their best players are in the team. I am not counting Naitanui who was re-signed for PR purposes and is now the size of a small wheat silo.

I doubt the Worst Chooks have given up on the idea of winning and will fancy their chances against a poor Bloods outfit.

I hope our team does not display the faintest hint of complacency. If Mills and McDonald show signs of being underdone, then the first sign of complacency was shown at the selection table.
You're on fire Uncle.
"A small wheat silo"
"Worst Chooks (Ever?)"
Giving a nice chuckle before bedtime.

Outside of the north game Foxes last half a dozen have been pretty average. Still surprised to see him omitted though.

I wonder if something has happened behind the scenes.

Nah, debut Buller against a top 4 defence then drop him a week later when he doesn't perform and act like you didn't know it was coming 🥴
I think he was simply our only option as third tall last week. This week Logan is back (albeit surprisingly) so he's not needed. Simple as that really.

It's about putting the best team on the park, not putting out a team that best suits Bullers development.

Even if there wasn't a spot in defence for Fox, why not play him forward instead of the guy playing like a piece of spaghetti?
He didn't exactly look great, even in comparison to that piece of Spaghetti.

No score, no tackles. Not great for a forward.

I'd be finding a place in defence for him though

It seems obligatory to have an opinion on Fox's omission so here goes.

Fox was poor last week in a fwd role on Coleman.

And yes playing one poor game in an unfamiliar role should not be a hanging offence, but why was he playing there in the first place?
I'd suggest because there wasn't considered a role in defence for him.

Robbie is only 185cm. For comparison Rampe 188cm, Francis 193cm, Melican 194cm.
He's done well previously as an undersized defender on a tall or taking a mid/small.
If you like the Rampe/Cunningham positions.

With those two in the team I'd argue he is competing against the two KPDs.
Oscar Allen 196cm, Maric 193cm, Darling 191cm and Jack Williams 198cm.
Possible one of those go back, but do we really want only one plus 190cm (plus Blakey) in our defence?

I think Fox has been squeezed out primarily due to the presence of Cunningham & Rampe, the wish for the match committee to continue to assess Francis and Melican, with potentially Tom Mac back in the firsts next week and simply defensive structure.

Harsh, but I can see a logic in it.

hahaha ... you'd learn to love him in the colours ... of red, white, orange and whatever that dark streak is the giants where ... good grief, like someone blew up hr pufnstuf
Nup. I think he’s a worm.

For the record, I thought Barry Hall was a thug and was glad to see the back of him.

Nup. I think he’s a worm.

For the record, I thought Barry Hall was a thug and was glad to see the back of him.

strangely enough, i thought hall was "misunderstood" when he joined us, and copped a bad wrap from the vic football media ... then he seemed to decide he'd just be the dckhead thug everyone said he was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back