Preview Round 3 vs Richmond @ MCG, Sunday 4.00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final 23 announced in 20 minutes or so? Fox and Warner Jr into the 22 for mine with some shuffling around to accommodate the absence of Harry. Lloyd into the back 7 rotation. Fox in the forwards rotation. Mitchell sub for mine.

Ouch (for them).

I really hope the maturity that has been acquired over the past few years leads to a focused, disciplined performance and they don’t get ahead of themselves. There were a few times in the first half last week where they tried to be overly cute and fancy and turned the ball over in places where one never wants the ball turned over. They were far more disciplined after half-time.
Agreed, Liz. They got way too cute with the ball in the first quarter last week. Silly tap ons that resulted in turnovers and goals when they should have been marking the ball.

Who cares how you debut

Team first
I reckon the player might care?

I mean sure at the end of the day playing your first game is going to be special no matter what, and at least you're pretty much guaranteed to get on the park these days, but I think it would be better to prepare to be in the action from the first quarter.

I reckon the player might care?

I mean sure at the end of the day playing your first game is going to be special no matter what, and at least you're pretty much guaranteed to get on the park these days, but I think it would be better to prepare to be in the action from the first quarter.
I wouldn't care. Getting on the park would be my main aim anyway I can. I am now an AFL player. Woohooo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His form has been poor & perhaps he’s been carrying an injury.

In past years, it’d be a huge out.

In 2024 - not so much.
He is in the Buddy zone in the last couple of years of his career. Never going to tear games apart as he used to but contribute still with the odd game where you remember how great he once was with an out of the box masterclass. Like Franklin Body will have the final say how often that happens.

Probably travel with the side

i haven't checked where the ressies play
He’s not a named emergency so one wouldn’t expect him to travel with the side.

Given he was listed as omitted (rather than injured) it could be due to a personal matter, or could be disciplinary (which doesn’t have to relate to this week’s hot topic - he might just have been late to training. I know of at least two instances where players have been stood down for disciplinary reasons. No doubt there are many more.)

I wouldn't care. Getting on the park would be my main aim anyway I can. I am now an AFL player. Woohooo.
That's fair enough. I just reckon for most players, a degree of predicability would be better than potentially hanging around into the late 3rd or early 4th.

In the long run, yeah it doesn't matter. Also as a fan it would be great to see him on the park early in the game.

Absolutely. He is a champion bloke. Nobody kinder and more caring in our team. I rate Rowy in this department too.

Fortunately we do have a modicum of mongrel in our team too. Do we have enough mongrel? Apparently we do although winning a flag would be more conclusive. Ladhams seems to have mongrel but isn't playing seniors, and he also lacks discipline. I guess when you have mongrel but also discipline then you get called hard and tough. Exhibit A would be Parker. Can't get harder and tougher than him. Wicks has got mongrel and plenty of it. Papley? I'm not sure. Probably.

Is Harry "hard"? I'm doubtful. He's certainly brave and goes when it's his turn (as he showed on the weekend). But I'm not sure he wants to hurt opponents as much as he legally can.

What is 'hardness'? It seems to be more than bravery and a willingness to take contact. It has a flavour of combat and being an enforcer, almost a little cruel. Makes me think of players like Hodge, Selwood, Parker. Also players like Zurhaar, Mummy & Sam Powell-Pepper. Rowy is more in the vein of JPK - tough and strong and brave but maybe less menacing and so less 'hard'??

Getting a bit philosophical here... Back to Sunday's game. Let's crush the Tiges like walnuts.
Chad, Ollie & McInerney are all hard. All first in for the biffo lol.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back