Game Day 2023 Round 08 Collingwood v Bloods Sunday 3:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood 1st v. Bloods 11th

Young Bloods will run hard all day, running into spaces, running to receive a handpass from their blood brother, running into the forward line delivering bullet passes to the leading forwards.

AFL Match Day

Umpires: Nick Foot (2), Matt Stevic (9) :mad:, Robert O'Gorman (10), Andrew Heffernan (29)

FootyWire Team Selections

2023 round 08 team stats.jpg

#ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods

Collywobbles will get the Collywobbles so the Bloods will win in the upset of the round.

Bloods win by 11 points

Last edited:
I had to really ponder the long sleeves matter.

I’m not sure any of our players have precedent?

Errol seems most likely, with perhaps Sheather the dark horse.

In less critical matters - is there any basis to the “Rowy is doubtful” rumour?

As much as I’m eager to see Gus in the guts, Rowy out would be a significant blow.

3 keys IMO.

PRESSURE Pressure the ball carrier, they will often have handball chains, break that down and create the turnover.
KICKING Forget handballing through Collingwood as they will swarm. Cut them up with precision kicking. Stage set for Campbell, Gulden et al.
FORWARD STRUCTURE Collingwood tend to run 3 lines in waves and can be hit, particularly on the turnover, as their defenders can push well up the ground. We need to stretch the ground and keep at least one fwd inside the 50, for an over the top kick.

And kicking straight wouldn't hurt either.

It's all been about Collingwood's comebacks, but to do that they have had to be down beforehand.

I think we can win this.

PS Long sleeved Tom already in celebration mood;

E5bzmi7VkAIYvXT.jpg

We are one of the few teams that can match the pies pressure, transition and foot skills. The contested game is the worry however. Need to be good post centre clearance. If we can breakeven in there, we can win this game. Form is massively against us, lets hope the lads turn up.

I've had a few. Just came back from Freo vs Hawks. What rubbish teams they are. **** them, love the Swannies
That'll be me tonight when I stumble back into my Alabama motel room for a 12:20AM first bounce. I made it through the Giants game in similar condition/time last week (intent was key), had unfortunately sobered up for the last quarter.

Can't decide which Luke Parker will wear the sleeves.... no.26 or no.27...

That'll be me tonight when I stumble back into my Alabama motel room for a 12:20AM first bounce. I made it through the Giants game in similar condition/time last week (intent was key), had unfortunately sobered up for the last quarter.

I'll be warming up for a half marathon at first bounce. Man I hope this isn't a thumping. Big difference between running angry and running on clouds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for those lucky enough to be going today. (Win lose draw or flogged, I always felt ‘lucky’ to be going to the footy)

1. Wear layers, plus a hat, beanie or beret. Swans scarf, preferably wool and knitted by Aunty Flo or your great grand nephew Bill.
  2. Gloves. Failing gloves make sure your coat is old, buy two Spring rolls pre game, put in coat pockets, use as hand warmers. At half time, buy two replacement Spring Rolls ( if you were crackers and ate them) or tell the staff the original snacks were bought cold and insist on them nuking them in the microwave. Old Dermie trick.
  3. Prep and pack 2 Thermos; one with soup, the other with coffee and whisky.
  4. Throat lozenges to keep your voice in earth shattering form.

Winning is a habit and we need to get back to that habit ASAP.

Unfortunately, I'm just not seeing it against a team who are almost drug dependent in that area.

Pies by 27.

This week I want to see our Coaches in better form. I believe they were more damaged by the GF than the players and whatever lessons absorbed were the wrong ones.

Horse must be in the Coaches Box. Last week he was close to out of control at ground level. An unedifying spectacle that is out of character and not good for the players. Maybe try Cox there.

I want to see us take on the game and rediscover our offensive transition, not seen since the first half of the PF.

I want to see us actually defend. Shut down the big American, and keep Daicos below 30 touches. We do that and we have a chance.

Plus get back to our long chains to find a good inside 50. I feel like one of our biggest let downs this year have been our entries inside 50, even in the Richmond win, it was hard to watch.

If we can't be competitive then massive changes are needed.

Sadly I have no hope unfortunately, hope they surprise me

I actually don't mind going into this game with the mentality of "we are going to lose by a lot" as it means if we do lose by a lot I won't be upset as I will be expecting it and if we only lose by a little I will be pleasantly surprised and if we actually win I will be thrilled.

If we can't be competitive then massive changes are needed.

Sadly I have no hope unfortunately, hope they surprise me

The changes most needed are the thinking in the coaches (not the personnel).

The slaughter at the Litter Box began before the game started. We tossed in the towel playing Mills on the wheat silo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back