Game Day 2023 Round 08 Collingwood v Bloods Sunday 3:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot dispute that but what I call BS is imbeciles who could not hit the side of a barn when he does manage to work off his man with a perfect lead through sheer hard work and will. Unfortunately his penetration on kicking sees these shots from more than 30-35 and massive mountain to climb for him now as well. What I also call BS on is the same people continually trying to write a narrative for him being a major factor in our massive drop off. The same footy ignorant hypocrites who will be probably be there at his last game applauding and lauding his efforts at the club. It’s ****ing ignorant and frankly piss weak.
So you agree that he “can’t move and we need a goal from him”, but then claim that anyone who says he’s a major factor in our drop-off is a “DH” and “footy ignorant hypocrite”.

Righto. Guess that settles it then.

The bogans booed buddy all day, can only presume they are racist bogans?
Not because he played on a few years too many?
You immediately go the BS racist bogans/

Back that up or STFU.

Back that up or STFU.

Well booed from his first touch , who had he hurt

so you claim it's because he is old? not much better reason anyway, what a pile of s**t

all i see is a group of fans who booed Goodes for years and replaced him with Buddy, what do they have in common? sure maybe it's not racist but its still scum bogan behaviour. Booing an all time great , shameful behaviour.

Also who invited you here, you can't go into someone else's place and get all pissy with what you see, mind your own business

I am sick of the excuse 'we've got injuries'. Everyone has injuries and we are not far off our best team. Amartey, Paddy, maybe Hickey, Rampe and that is about it. We are not missing players form the mids and that is where we are losing games. DeGoey was allowed to wander around at will in the last. Pendelbury was alone more times that Gretta Garbo.

We can't kick a winning score. Only 48 points again today, from 18 and three OOF. We had enough entries but we simply could not turn them into scores/ There is a huge disconnect between the players up the ground and the forwards. So many times the ball went ot the wrong player. A player surrounded by opponents when others were free. It seems we have a game plan and our players don't know how to change from the game plan. I think that plan involves far too much Buddy Franklin and kicking long to a pack.

Who will make us better? I am not sure what we do. I thought Francis was really good once he came on.

I know we are undersized in the backs and they did take advantage a few times. But I thought in general, our backs were very good. They helped each other. The Mihocek mark on the goal line had nothing to do with lack of height but with a brain fade by McCartin who just let him go to the line and stayed 3 metres off him. Then did not react when the ball fell short. Tommy had his head in his hands after that so he knew. Johnson was always dangerous and if he had gotten a hold of us then I would have said height had a huge say. But our backs kept them to 22 scoring shots and save the day when it looked like they had easy goals.

Quanor and Noble had far too much of the ball and were allowed to roam around free for far too much of the game. Will and Isaac (on Noble I think) need to tighten up.

We need to learn how to score again. It certainly is not going to happen by justy bombing the ball in. We need to be fast and methodical. Obviously we were running out of petrol toward the end so went slower. That just played into thair hands. It was a bad call but maybe the only call the coach could have made due to lack of fitness in the group.

Back that up or STFU.
Calm down Rambo

Calm down Rambo
No Rambo but the "racist" call is over the top populism.
Sort of crap Murdoch makes his money from.
I've never booed Buddy in my life.

It was obvious he was way below his best and probably has played a year too many.
Half the Swans board agrees.

It was obvious he was way below his best and probably has played a year too many.

I think its more he kicked almost 50 last season so a 1yr extension was almost a certainty.

Its tough one to get right.

True but his field kicking is equally horrific. Had Buddy in acres of space in the 4th and completely shanked it.

if we are doing that I’m pretty sure mcdonald and mcinerney also missed targets through shanks in the last.

im sure the ball was a bit wet - clutching at straws

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst we can’t go back to it and it was over half way through the prelim last year. Our main difference is missing Reid or his attributes.

Nearly always took an overhead mark up forward or down the line. If he didn’t he brought it straight down and followed up with great pressure.

We could reverse a lot
Of the issues with that type of in.

So as Reid ain’t coming back how do we replace what’s missing. Francis is a partial answer but I think we need to target Himmelberg not to replace Franklin but to directly replace Reid. It’s almost like for like with an upgrade on goal kicking.

I reckon it may have been a fair bit tongue in cheek……

Whilst we can’t go back to it and it was over half way through the prelim last year. Our main difference is missing Reid or his attributes.

Nearly always took an overhead mark up forward or down the line. If he didn’t he brought it straight down and followed up with great pressure.

We could reverse a lot

So as Reid ain’t coming back how do we replace what’s missing. Francis is a partial answer but I think we need to target Himmelberg not to replace Franklin but to directly replace Reid. It’s almost like for like with an upgrade on goal kicking.
Great post

We could reverse a lot

Yep, we have been different since losing Reid. Himmelberg is a good call.

if we are doing that I’m pretty sure mcdonald and mcinerney also missed targets through shanks in the last.

im sure the ball was a bit wet - clutching at straws
Admirable

IF any of you three could even read english you would see that I have never booed Buddy.
Not this week, not any week.

One of your posters brought racism up as the reason he was booed, which is simply the first resort of the idiot.
Nothing but salty tears for a loss.
I understand.

Your board raised the issue.
Blame you own.

Have another chardonnay number 7.

To be fair, Collingwood have a history of booing indigenous champions of the swans which has historically been reinforced by your heirarchy.

However, you are on OUR board after a loss. So please kindly head back to your board.

IF any of you three could even read english you would see that I have never booed Buddy.

One of your posters brought racism up as the reason he was booed, which is simply the first resort of the idiot.
I understand.

Blame you own.

Racism ? Oh ! He called out a 13 yr old girl ! Your s**t stained club was the major factor in Goodes getting booed out of the game. Get back to Centrelink with your mates.

I understand.

Blame you own.

No one accused you or asked you to comment , you came here and started responding, then took offence.

I reckon it may have been a fair bit tongue in cheek……
Hopefully we're adult enough to discuss a result without always going lowest common denominator abuse.
It was a clutch game for both sides with plenty on the line.
Both had their issues, especially accuracy.
It's a step forward for the Pies beating the side which knocked them out last year, so meaningful.
Swans are still in the mix but every win is important.

So the Pies fans booed him because he underperformed ? 😂😂😂😂😂

From his first kick

yeah makes sense

To be fair, Collingwood have a history of booing indigenous champions of the swans which has historically been reinforced by your heirarchy.

However, you are on OUR board after a loss. So please kindly head back to your board.
Admire your ability to be able to communicate what I Was trying to say in a respectful manner. I can’t unfortunately show their supporters as a collective any respect at all. Anzac Day and then today were the last straw for me. They are a blight on the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back