Preview Round 15, Swans vs West Coast @ SCG, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating part is if we play well and look good there's gonna be nothing to take out of this game.

Not that that will make it any less enjoyable. Hope West Coast are every bit as crap as they have been all year. We fans deserve a relaxing watch.

Frustrating part is if we play well and look good there's gonna be nothing to take out of this game.

Not that that will make it any less enjoyable. Hope West Coast are every bit as crap as they have been all year. We fans deserve a relaxing watch.
Idk, maybe our set shots in the first quarter.

25% boost would be nice.

The rationale to bring them back is to get seniors game time in a softer game while also contributing to the chance of a win.
They could have played in the VFL. Sure. However I reckon the HP team/staff know both players base level of fitness.

I have no idea what selection integrity is? Is there a underwritten law that defines how selections should occur?

Maybe the medical staff have access to Issacs medical records and thus made a decision based on that?

BTW he was pretty bloody good playing off Cripps.

I think they are trying to ease Mills/McDonald back to match fitness against the bottom side. Then try to make an unlikely charge towards finals with close to a full strength side against Geelong/Richmond/Bulldogs.

I am guessing top 8 will be 13wins/10losses or possibly 12wins/11losses. So I don't think we will give up on the season till we hit 12 losses.

Re Fox.

I think we usually play 7 defenders, 8 mids/ruckman and 7 forwards.

Against West Coast we have selected 7 defenders, 9 mids/ruck and 6 forwards (assuming Sheldrick remains in the mids). So we probably can't select Fox as an 8th defender. So they keep Melican/Francis as the 2 tall defenders, Rampe as the 3rd tall, Cunningham as the small defender, Blakey/Florent as the running halfbacks and Lloyd as the 7th.

It is harsh on Fox. But if he is sub, he stays involved and is versatile to cover a few positions. And gets a chance to prove that he deserves to start.

We WERE a good side with two fit McCartins at the back, plus a fit Reid at the front.

Relying on McLean to kick goals and Francis to stop them isn’t the sign of a very good side.

We were a good side when Buddy was younger too or when Plugger played , but can't live in the past .

Reid and P Mccartin are done

We WERE a good side with two fit McCartins at the back, plus a fit Reid at the front.

Relying on McLean to kick goals and Francis to stop them isn’t the sign of a very good side.
We get Mills, Papley and Heeney back to AA form, Gulden and Campbell continued improvement into A graders, Logan fulfilling his potential, Tommy anchoring the backline, a few judicial recruits in the off season and we will be back.

The talent hasn't gone, it's just a matter of turning it back into performance. This season has just been a write off but these things happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I need a good cheer up so eagles can stink it up as much as they want.

Fox seems to have lost his place to Cunningham from last year in this side. I think he will be sub as he offers so much versatility and it will not be a “stereotypical” omission.

Cunningham just kept the current best small forward in the comp goalless so I have no arguments there.

You could potentially mount a case for Francis, but he is worth preservering with in the short term. Has some limitations but if you were to drop Francis you may start to impact on his confidence also, which would be impactful in the medium term.

Maybe a left field position could be as a mobile 2nd ruck? I may be in the minority but I don’t think we get a lot out of McLean. Happy to be wrong of course but he would only be depth going forward, 3rd choice ruck and 4th choice KPF.

I do prefer to have Fox in the team as he has proven to be able to perform in the most trying of circumstances, see last two games v geelong.

Would be very concerned if he is not sub, therefore a slight demotion based on team balance.

If you think I'm being emotional about Hayward, you don't read my posts. I've stated several times across threads that I am not in the "trade him" camp as some are, and I think being dropped would help him.

He's the type who plays well for a year or so (and it's not just goal kicking), then gets into a slump. First time earlier in his career, he got dropped, he came back well. Second time (2021 I think), the week I lost patience he came good again and was valuable through the rest of 21/22. Now I'm several weeks past wanting him dropped with no sign of anything changing. Meanwhile we boot others for less.
Why would we drop our best generalist forward? We don't have anyone who scores, creates, tackles, and marks like him. He is missing set shots and not marking as well as he can this year and it's pretty understandably giving fans the shits but he's doing his role better than a lot of the other players are doing theirs. He's not going to be dropped because the vibes are off and the board wants blood.

Why would we drop our best generalist forward? We don't have anyone who scores, creates, tackles, and marks like him. He is missing set shots and not marking as well as he can this year and it's pretty understandably giving fans the shits but he's doing his role better than a lot of the other players are doing theirs. He's not going to be dropped because the vibes are off and the board wants blood.
We get a say in match committee though? Yeah? 😂

I'd play Heeney deep. One out.
(no sub jokes pls).
Amartey in front at HF and McLean just getting around.

Hopefully they can sort out their leading structures and be more random.
All Swans supporters want to know; what is this "leading structures" you speak of?

Pretty interested to see Logan, McLean and Amartey taking charge

And importantly, getting on the scoreboard

10+ between them let's go
That will be fascinating. Maybe this supposedly easy game will help them build confidence and coordinate a bit.

I disagree, I don't think he's doing his role. I think he's been among our worst for several weeks now, and has only had a couple of good games this year. A bunch of us haven't just randomly picked on Will for the fun of it. It has nothing to do with "vibes".

Also, arguably our only "generalist forward".

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back