Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swans 13th v Cats 9th

Team Changes
Swans
Ins:
Will Hayward, Robbie Fox
Outs: Chad Warner (injured), Ryan Clarke (omitted)

BacksHarry CunninghamDane RampeAaron Francis
Half BacksOliver FlorentNick BlakeyJake Lloyd
CentrelineErrol GuldenJames RowbottomJustin McInerney
Half ForwardsCallum MillsLogan McDonaldTom Papley
ForwardsHayden McLeanJoel AmarteyIsaac Heeney
FollowersTom HickeyLuke ParkerAngus Sheldrick
InterchangeLewis MelicanBraeden CampbellRobbie Fox
Will Hayward
EmergencyTom McCartinRyan ClarkeLachlan McAndrew
Corey Warner

John Longmire re T McCartin
"We’ve discussed what best preparation is going forward and we felt that he needed another VFL game to make sure his match fitness is ready to go," Longmire explained." TEAM: Hayward, Fox return
=> Clarke or Corey as our sub?​

Geelong
In:
Esava Ratugolea,Patrick Dangerfield
Out: Jack Bowes (Sub), Jeremy Cameron (Injured), Mark O'Connor (Injured)

Umpires:
Mathew Nicholls (15), Jamie Broadbent (20), Craig Fleer (26), Andre Gianfagna (27)

Match Centre

Team Stats
footywire

2023 round 16 team.jpg

Recent Games Swans v Geelong @ SCG

Swans have won the last two games at the SCG
source: footywire
DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 2, 25 Mar 2022SCGSydney defeats Geelong107-77C. Mills 29I. Heeney 5
Round 7, 1 May 2021SCGSydney defeats Geelong90-88C. Guthrie 30H. McLean 4
Round 19, 28 Jul 2019SCGSydney defeated by Geelong80-107T. Kelly 31T. Hawkins 5
Round 16, 5 Jul 2018SCGSydney defeated by Geelong59-71J. Lloyd 33L. Franklin 4

#AFLSwansCats #ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods

Let's just bloody do it
win by 7 points

RIP Graeme John

Still think we'll see Florent in the mids. Not saying I want it to happen. I hope we go full contested in there. All the hard nuts.

Hawkins and Blicavs are the worries. Miers and Dangerfield the secondary worries who will benefit most from the former two.

Gonna need a good night in the coaches box from Horse & co. I'll back them in.

If they treat this like a grand final they'll be down 60 in the first quarter.

If they treat this as a meaningless H & A game (which it is) they should win by about 2 goals.

If they treat this like a grand final they'll be down 60 in the first quarter.

If they treat this as a meaningless H & A game (which it is) they should win by about 2 goals.
I reckon this game is about the furthest a H & A game can get from being meaningless

Still think we'll see Florent in the mids. Not saying I want it to happen. I hope we go full contested in there. All the hard nuts.

Hawkins and Blicavs are the worries. Miers and Dangerfield the secondary worries who will benefit most from the former two.

Gonna need a good night in the coaches box from Horse & co. I'll back them in.
Hopefully the coaches have learnt a few lessons. They need to step it up.

The midfield is where we have been belted, this needs to be the focus and we have been better last couple of weeks.

Want to see us on from the first minute until the last. Hit Geelong hard in the first 10mins and get the jump on them before they know they have landed in Sydney.

We need to match their physicality and not take any backwards steps.

All to play for tonight, hope we continue the momentum of last few weeks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need a big one from Hickey. Tom Stewart also worries me. Hope we put 3 of our biggest mids for the first centre bounce. Show them we're ready to match their physicality from the start.
Who are the 3?
Mills, Parker ?

Need a big one from Hickey. Tom Stewart also worries me. Hope we put 3 of our biggest mids for the first centre bounce. Show them we're ready to match their physicality from the start.
I'm hoping Hayward locks down on Tom Stewart. stop his run and intercept marking. Arguably their most important player.

Not sure if this is the right forum but I need an extra red zone ticket for the game tonight - anyone have any good ideas or have any spare's we can buy? Red zone section is full.
Go Swans

Rowbottom or heeney. Wouldn't put heeney in the mids as an all game move but just for the initial 10mins so we don't get spooked again
Parker, Rowy, Heeney if you want to hit them hard at the start. Mills is no softy but Heeney tackles as hard as anyone in the league.

Not sure if this is the right forum but I need an extra red zone ticket for the game tonight - anyone have any good ideas or have any spare's we can buy? Red zone section is full.
Go Swans

Can't you just rock up if you're a red zone member? Do you have to preregister or something :/?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back