Preview Round 16 - Friday night lights Swans v Cats, Season defining game SCG, 7:50pm 30th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was in 2014

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Umm.
No.
Richards. Rounds and rounds of injections prior to play.
Bolton. Had torn a ligament. Played with it torn. Dosed up by Gibbs .
Mummy. Shoulder injury. Also had painkilling injections prior to play.

Plus Goodes obviously during the match.

I
Mills played infinitely better on Hawkins than Gould did.

If McCartin is fit, of course he would play. What evidence do you have that suggests he is being protected from concussion? He’s best 22. He plays if he is up to it.
But he is fit. He's been named as an emergency.

Clearly McCartin is our best tall KPD when fit etc so there is likely a good reaason he hasn't been selected. In some respects I don't mind it. He is prob still a tad underdone and i reckon it takes most a game or two to adjust to the pace of AFL footy after several weeks off. Sure he was good in the VFL but its a quantumn leap playing on Hawkins. It may be better to bring him for the Tigers - play him on Riewoldt. I also reckon that Francis and Melican have been pretty solid and have been improving. Clearly they are no May/Petty combo. I actually wouldnt mind seeing Melican on Hawkins.. I've noticed that Melican is surprisingly strong 1-1, rarely is outmuscled and Hawkins will either get you on the lead or in a wrestle not in the air. He had a good warm up playing against Oscar Allen.

Disappointed to see no McCartin, though I suppose we've come this far without him, we might as well take all the necessary measures.

Hope Warner's okay but IMO won't make much of a difference in the mids. Might actually make us better if it means Mills spends more time in there.

YAY FOX (would bet my house he's in for the Rohan match-up)
Although Warner is our most damaging midfielder, I agree, if we swap in the more defensive minded Mills, this may work to our advantage in this game.

Hayward should be the down the line marking target on our quicker breaks IMHO. If he can clunk a few 70m out then I like Logan and Joel's chances in the 50.

McLean the target if we have to go slower
Yep definitely an underated aspect of his game.
I wouldn't mind seeing Hayward play a lock down role on Stewart in defence. He has played this role effectively in the past and the Cats are reliant on Stewarts rebound.

Florent has become an absolute weapon since moving to the defence. His drive off the half back line is crucial. It tends to be that either one of Blakey or Florent has a good game, if we lose one of them, it'll be easer for the Cats to stop this rebound.
I understand that we may be undermanned in the mids but since we now have Mills back and Sheldrick, I'm less concerned. We can increase the midfield time of Mills, Sheldrick and Gulden. With McInerney taking the vacant wing position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly McCartin is our best tall KPD when fit etc so there is likely a good reaason he hasn't been selected. In some respects I don't mind it. He is prob still a tad underdone and i reckon it takes most a game or two to adjust to the pace of AFL footy after several weeks off. Sure he was good in the VFL but its a quantumn leap playing on Hawkins. It may be better to bring him for the Tigers - play him on Riewoldt. I also reckon that Francis and Melican have been pretty solid and have been improving. Clearly they are no May/Petty combo. I actually wouldnt mind seeing Melican on Hawkins.. I've noticed that Melican is surprisingly strong 1-1, rarely is outmuscled and Hawkins will either get you on the lead or in a wrestle not in the air. He had a good warm up playing against Oscar Allen.
In fairness to Francis and Melican they would be stiff to lose their place.

They have done well over last few weeks, our losses have not been because of key forwards.

Just that Tommy is our best tall defender and the sooner he is back the better.

Hopefully Melican can do the job on Hawkins, he has matured over the last few years and has been a surprise over last 4-5 games.

Umm.
No.
Richards. Rounds and rounds of injections prior to play.
Bolton. Had torn a ligament. Played with it torn. Dosed up by Gibbs .
Mummy. Shoulder injury. Also had painkilling injections prior to play.

Plus Goodes obviously during the match.
And don't forget all our hearts in the last few minutes...

Calf tightness is a precursor to further injury. If you catch it early like this, you can prevent further damage. Therefore, limiting time out. Peter Marker, the ex Glenelg captain, used to get bad tightening in the calf muscles. He was suffering over a period of games and it is a wonder he didn't pull a muscle. But he, or the physio, was telling a dance teacher about the problem one day and she suggested some dance exercises that fixed the problem. The footy club paid for her to come and do loosening up exercises which made them more supple.

The modern. Aerobics programs are full of those exercises. You see dancers have the fittest and most flexible bodies in the world

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s not tightness it’s a slight tear.

“Young midfielder Chad Warner will miss this week's home clash after sustaining a calf injury ahead of training on Thursday. Longmire explained that Warner felt tight in his calf during the team's warm up and a scan revealed a "slight tear".”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back