Preview Lions vs Swans @GABBA Friday 16th June 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our team looks weird. A short pants backline and 3 ruck/fwds.

Darcy Fort won't play much tog fwd. He's really a second ruck in the old sense.

He had games of 7, 5 and 3 disposals as sub. Hardly terrific.

What is the definition of a terrific sub?

When Fox was sub in round 4 he had 16 disposals from 101 minutes on the ground. Seems fairly effective as the sub.

Robert’s had the following as a sub in rounds 1-3.
7 disposals from 15 minutes on the ground
5 disposals from 31 minutes on the ground
3 disposals from 24 minutes on the ground
So in total 15 disposal from 70 minutes on the ground.

On average disposal from time on ground Robert’s was more effective.

Hopefully who ever is sub is more effective than Amartey who had 3 disposals from 30 odd minutes.

Oh boy, our top two goal kickers for the last 48 months out for a debutante, against a likely grand final defence, with no ability to pull cheeky s**t like we did v Hawks in the Ronke game (6 6 6 sucks)

We're gonna get schooled.

Do hope Buller goes well though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excited to see Buller make his debut, good news story for all.

A wounded Lions on their home deck will be interesting, hopefully we take the fight up to them and apply some skills as well as pressure.

Hopefully Amartey improves from last weeks run out and I think we may be a good shot, Buddy out means we will be less predictable which is a good thing. Who knows what happens next….

Campbell played forward in the 2nd half last week. I reckon hell do the same, pretty much replacing clarke in the fwds. Parker takes heeney spot in the mids which leaves gus to play the same mid role as last week

Oh boy, our top two goal kickers for the last 48 months out for a debutante, against a likely grand final defence, with no ability to pull cheeky s**t like we did v Hawks in the Ronke game (6 6 6 sucks)

We're gonna get schooled.

Do hope Buller goes well though
Do people think the Lions aren't going to implode come finals time (just like Port)?

Campbell played forward in the 2nd half last week. I reckon hell do the same, pretty much replacing clarke in the fwds. Parker takes heeney spot in the mids which leaves gus to play the same mid role as last week
Keep Warner coming off a wing, and that's a decent recipe.

We've had three talls every week bar one since round 1, 2021.

The one week that we didn't was last week and we went scoreless in the first term and kicked a score of 66 in a diabolical forward half display.

It's not the talls that are the problem. It's everything at ground level. Between Heeney, Papley, Hayward, Clarke and Wicks, I don't think there's a worse group of forward half ground level players at ball handling in the competition. And I realise I'm talking about two elite players there, but form is form. They slip over, they fumble ground balls, they double-grab crumbs, they miss targets, they make stupid decisions, and Heeney aside, they offer little to no physicality.

The half forward line has killed us all year. Everything is breaking down in that part of the ground.

We've had three talls every week bar one since round 1, 2021.

The one week that we didn't was last week and we went scoreless in the first term and kicked a score of 66 in a diabolical forward half display.

It's not the talls that are the problem. It's everything at ground level. Between Heeney, Papley, Hayward, Clarke and Wicks, I don't think there's a worse group of forward half ground level players at ball handling in the competition. And I realise I'm talking about two elite players there, but form is form. They slip over, they fumble ground balls, they double-grab crumbs, they miss targets.

The half forward line has killed us all year. Everything is breaking down in that part of the ground.
I heard it was the defence's fault, because they're the ones around when the opposition score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back